Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread. - page 17. (Read 131010 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 250
Unfortunately until a proper algorithm is in place that doesn't have a ridiculously sensitive difficulty adjustment that creates outrageous block times cat is kind of stuck.
I have argued and argued that things are not working and even that 10 minute block times as it is were unreasonable. Only to be met with denial and argumentative resistance...

Copying btc in this environment doesnt seem viable... .
I agree i think cat should be agile and fast I have argued for 1 minute block times Others think cat should be a lazy loaf about
Some have even denied any problem with the current algorithm and accused me of trying to kill the coin for not wanting to try to sell a coin that couldn't be spent.
Honestly who wants to wait 16 hours for a transaction to be fully cleared. I can't think of any one. Please enlighten me if you can...
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Unfortunately until a proper algorithm is in place that doesn't have a ridiculously sensitive difficulty adjustment that creates outrageous block times cat is kind of stuck.
I have argued and argued that things are not working and even that 10 minute block times as it is were unreasonable. Only to be met with denial and argumentative resistance...

Copying btc in this environment doesnt seem viable... .
Activity: 252
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Now someone can buy the majority stake in the catcoin for some 20K and make it their business, with strategic marketing plans, how to grow community etc. Wink sorry but not volunteering for that calling myself...
Activity: 213
They do have nine.   Grin

Added them so CatCoin now has it's own page on coinwik.org.

http://coinwik.org/CatCoin
If you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please feel free to update the page.

The wiki system does not seem to allow edits, at least without setting up an account, so I will list what you should fix here:

1. "POW/POS" change to just "POW" (there is no proof of stake in Catcoin)
2. Reduction is 50%, not 51% every 210,000 blocks
3. The network hashrate is not "1GH/s" - it is constantly changing depending on who chooses to mine the coin. This also applies to DOGE, LTC, BTC, etc. There is no fixed ratio of "half of DOGE" in terms of network hashrate. So I would take out all references to static hashrates. You could put that Catcoins were set up to be "Bitcoin in Scrypt" and has kept as many parameters the same as Bitcoin as possible, unlike many altcoins which changed more parameters.
4. I would refer news about Catcoins to this thread at bitcointalk.org, since catcoinforum.com now shows "suspended account" when I tried to go to it.

Thank you,

Etblvu1
Activity: 154
They do have nine.   Grin

Added them so CatCoin now has it's own page on coinwik.org.

http://coinwik.org/CatCoin
If you know of other facts and links that can be added to the page, please feel free to update the page.
Activity: 756
Looked in here for longer time - CAT has over one life or already dead ?

After so much shitcoins are released it should be found somebody to fix the blocktimissue

Activity: 213
Any new service, game, feature, add-on or something to help the price and volume rise?

I would've had the same question, since the crypto scene seems to shift a little bit, e.g. "true anonymity" (DRKcoin), new hashingalgorithms and pow vs pos. Can we maybe do a brainstorm on what the future for catcoin should look like? I think there are some things we need to adapt to.

Greetings Vondi1122

Yes, I agree. We need to keep the coin relevant long-term.

There are a lot of great ideas out there, but we need management/leadership and developer resources to put some of these ideas into practice. For example, we need a solution to the long-standing problem of block time oscillating between being hours apart and minutes apart, which was improved but not solved, with the latest release with enforced 30 second block timing spacing.

There has been some counterproductive possessiveness and jealousy of control displayed in the past by a small minority of within the current management/development group, but I think if anyone takes a bit of time and initiative to gather up the necessary resources to move things forward, it will be overwhelmingly obvious what is for the good of the coin.

We just need an energetic and capable development initiative, with a commitment to keep the coin relevant long-term, and I believe things will fall into place. I consider it a matter of time for someone to pick this up, and for big changes to come. When that time comes, I am standing ready to help in any way I can with the effort.

Etblvu1
Any new service, game, feature, add-on or something to help the price and volume rise?

I would've had the same question, since the crypto scene seems to shift a little bit, e.g. "true anonymity" (DRKcoin), new hashingalgorithms and pow vs pos. Can we maybe do a brainstorm on what the future for catcoin should look like? I think there are some things we need to adapt to.

Greetings Vondi1122
legendary
Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
VOTE FOR CATCOIN
please donate for dev.
BTC: 13MVMftimCmpQEsryo47pTs97ubmwkT31Y
LTC: Lh9ChfS1X3YWXmapr66nQjj3qZmys3qkNw
DOGE: DJMxzVrURhmsWFZHCjK5kDVHEqP5FcfGvy
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003
NodeMasters
Is the blockchain stuck? I've been sitting on block 28521 for hours, and my send to Cryptsy has no confirmations.

i had 9 catcoin blocks take 5 days to confirm then it took 2 days to get to my wallet
now i have 598 Cat Coins no the way to Cryptsy
Date Coin Amount Confirmations
2014-05-20 14:55:13   CAT   598.00000000   3

this coin take FAR too long to make it worth mining

What is going on with it
Activity: 480
Is the blockchain stuck? I've been sitting on block 28521 for hours, and my send to Cryptsy has no confirmations.
Activity: 120
hope this cat can fly soon...
Activity: 588
Merit: 501

I laughed at the cat + fork = cat skeleton, such power in that graphic ^^
Merit: 501
in defi we trust

This is probably the best TA I've ever seen for a coin :0
Activity: 168
that cat wants to fly doesnt it?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
ATTN: CAT IS NOT BREAD
COPY: CAT IS NOT BREAD

CARRY ON

Shocked

DEV FLASH

Cryptsy is back on-line - deposits, withdrawals, and trading are back.

Most of the OP has been updated and is believed correct.  The info on block explorers is not correct, however.  Here is the correct info:

http://catchain.info/ Updated
http://blocks.catstat.info:2750/chain/Catcoin Off-Line
http://altexplorer.info/chains/CAT/block_crawler.php  Off-Line

If you have better info, please post it!

DEV FLASH
Activity: 336
Merit: 254
CoinMine.pw
Pages:
Jump to: