Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Catcoin - 0.9.1.1 - Old thread. Locked. Please use 0.9.2 thread. - page 32. (Read 131010 times)

Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Fuck it, I'll volunteer.  If the devs can write a simple how-to connect to the testnet, I'll throw 8MH/s on there for 0.01111111 BTC/hr.  If it allows them to test code better, the small reimbursement for my time should pay itself back in droves, because I have a feeling they're "testing" code with a bullshit hashrate.

Put a down payment of an hour in BTC to 1C6H5m7DPUgrV5NAzRnjo3nRVCp5EvWwL6 if this is interesting, and I'll come back and check and flip over to testnet.  Otherwise mining CAT for 23.5 hours with highest hashrate of any available pools for only ~100 CAT a day is atrocious until this code gets fixed.

Again.  0.01111111 BTC/hr.  Could quintuple the price value if the data gleaned from it is used correctly.  Or knock out five blocks a day as usual.  Oprah show bro!!
Activity: 252
I'm looking to buy 3000 catcoins, where?
Devs probably don't mine or don't have the sunk cost of mining equipment, so it's easy to theorize or postulate on a 'testnet' that will never see the same exposure as real exposure.

Oprah show though!!  Diamonds and shit on television.  It'll be fucking huge!!
Catcoin is going to serge in value, what I am noticing is there are just not enough coins to buy, I think it is very undervalued and I would like to buy more.

Yes where are all the other miners, there has to be other miners some where because look at total net hash and then look at the pools. Where are they
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
where are all the miners at, are there more catcoin pools with miners in which are not listed on the thread?

I was asking myself the same question..
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
The Oprah Winfrey Network show will revive catcoin, thats why im investing while its cheap.

https://twitter.com/intent/retweet?tweet_id=437615013704896512
Activity: 42
We need to look at the mining realistically here for a second.

What is solution here?

+1

I mined 9 coins in 12 hours probably at 900khs/s last night.
Activity: 87
The dev team is now starting to shift from the forking issue to the difficulty re-target issue, using simulations and closed testnet setups (publicly viewable at http://testnet.geekhash.org ) to test actual code for bugs before release.

Until a solution is found and proven valid, we need some brave and heroic people to keep mining even if the diff is high. Otherwise the network can just get stuck if transactions are not validated.

What is solution here?

--> Keep mining, all this will be sorted out

_TQ
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
when the price will go up?? my poor cat never has a chance to pump...
where are all the miners at, are there more catcoin pools with miners in which are not listed on the thread?
Activity: 189
Merit: 100

Have we identified which multipool switches over to CAT when difficulty is lower than 10?  They are catching blocks, many per minute, and the rest of the pools just grind out the blocks that are difficulty 20+ to around 70 something then back down to 20.  Given the retarget, that ideally leaves about 10-15 blocks available to be mined by any regular pool (P2Pool, coinium, uk pool, whatever).  I can attest to this because half the time when I jump on coinium; the pool hashrate doubles that's how low it is.

If somebody can identify the specific pool that whales CAT, I will continue to mine.  I want to support this coin but it's on a 24 hour cycle.  Us 10-15 blocks, them about 100 in the mean time.  And we are mining about 23.5 hours, they mine for 0.5 at most.  It seems like to only LOGICAL way to get a consistent payout is to join this particular multipool and then mine specifically under the port dedicated to CAT, so that normal network hashrate occurs for the high difficulty blocks 10-15 at around 80-100MH/s avg network hash rate.

Again it is pointless trying to mine while the well is bottoming out.  From difficulty 10 down to near-zero this large whale pool catches every block sometimes no less than 5 seconds apart.  It's near impossible to catch any blocks under difficulty 10, I've been lucky once and caught a 7 recently on coinium.

When we were on 2 different forks and I was mining both I had the opportunity to watch how a zero-difficulty well pays out to a normal pool (coinium on the WRONG FORK which is the whole insurance bullshit which I'm out 502 CAT from) as compared to the actual fork/dev fork which would get whaled by multipool.

On wrong fork, normal miners could catch near every block on the way down and back up out of the well.  On dev fork or whatever it's near impossible, whale pool hits all blocks before able to even be solved or served by other pools.

What is solution here?
Activity: 12

is that file simply the windows wallet or what?

No, it is the appdata catcoin folder that they requested for unconfirmed coins
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Activity: 882
Merit: 563
Bitcoin to the moon!
Activity: 657
Merit: 500
Where is the reddit thread located?
Sorry - this thread moves crazy fast - it takes about an hour to be 'overcome by events' Smiley

Put your .catcoin/ directory (MINUS YOUR WALLET FILE) in a .tar.gz, or zip file, and post a link to it on on http://www.reddit.com/r/catcoins/comments/1y2eg6/aye_maties_raise_the_jib_and_ready_the_checkpoint/ along with the addresses used for mining, and we can start sorting this out.

Activity: 12
Where is the reddit thread located?
Activity: 98
When catcoin is announced on the Oprah Winfrey Network show, be prepared to see a massive sky rocket. $1+
Activity: 87
... looks like you are updated in the pool list. Wink
Many thanks

_TQ74
Pages:
Jump to: