Author

Topic: [ANN] ccminer 2.3 - opensource - GPL (tpruvot) - page 171. (Read 500030 times)

Activity: 285
Merit: 250
I'd be down for that! you see yourself tackling lyra2 also?
what is your bitcion address
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1082
ccminer/cpuminer developer
Thanks for the 5$ Smiley if we do neoscrypt, will be in ccminer, not cudaminer
I also pull in lots of BTC daily so I can donate with that too. To everyone else interested, please help out:

https://pledgie.com/campaigns/27288
Epsylon
I just saw your pledgie page, I donated 5$ for now. I have a GTX970 so its in my interest you get one and make it kick ass Cheesy

Do you see yourself working on rejuvenating cuda miner by any chance? Namely neoscrypt (FTC) and lyra2 (VTC). If you set up a page for that I (and I'm sure many others) will also donate

The VTC dev team was looking for someone to help on the cuda side of things, "Contact [email protected] if you have OpenCL or CUDA experience and would like to help out." Maybe that has your name written all over it Cheesy
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Thanks Smiley
legendary
To do that, you need to play with the -d param (or -t 1 to use the first one found)

sample "-d 0" for first or -d "0,2" first and third.

My releases use different SM binaries for a good reason.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
can i run a 670 and a 970 at the same time with ccminer 1.4.6 or can i disable the 670 and run that with the old 1.2 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Would like to see neoscrypt added ..its all the rage now with the feathercoin algo change

And they have close to $2mil marketcap which means a profitable miner will stay profitable for more than a few weeks.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003
"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!
Would like to see neoscrypt added ..its all the rage now with the feathercoin algo change
legendary
i just added it in my cpuminer-multi fork for the moment. But maybe yep (it contains the more recent Blake2s variant)
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
Nice to find the man behind the github repo I've been lurking for a while now!

Are you really doing neoscrypt?
legendary
SM 5.0 = Shader Model 5.0 (Cuda architecture level), did you install the cuda drivers (SDK) ?
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
Not working for me.  At first it would give a red error message, something about not detecting any NVIDIA gpu.  So I set the ccminer to run as administrator and it doesn't give the same error.  Instead, it now just sits there and says press any key to continue and when I press a key the window closes? 

I gotta reload drivers?  pfft... tooooo lazy lol.  I'll wait til another release and see if it works then maybe.  hahaha

No, you dont need to run ccminer as admin. Should be the same as others if you use the right SM variant (750 Ti = ccminer-50.exe)

Thank you for your reply.  I was using the ccminer-50.exe for my 750ti.  Not familiar with the term "SM variant".  Is that the same as saying ccminer variant?  Maybe I just need to reboot who knows.

legendary
Not working for me.  At first it would give a red error message, something about not detecting any NVIDIA gpu.  So I set the ccminer to run as administrator and it doesn't give the same error.  Instead, it now just sits there and says press any key to continue and when I press a key the window closes? 

I gotta reload drivers?  pfft... tooooo lazy lol.  I'll wait til another release and see if it works then maybe.  hahaha

No, you dont need to run ccminer as admin. Should be the same as others if you use the right SM variant (750 Ti = ccminer-50.exe)
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031

legendary
v1.4.6 released with S3 algo
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
The "blake" algo is only for SFR and NEOS (its the real blake256 algo), blakecoin changed it to speed up the hashrate

The original submission of Blake-256 was 10 rounds but in the final they increased the rounds to 14 to try and gain more support from the judges but in the end NIST wanted the sponge function to get total immunity from length extension attacks rather than just resistance like all the other algo's in the final of the SHA-3 competition

Blake is based on ChaCha which is often used in an 8 round configuration hence why I chose to use that over the other extra security margin versions as that is all the extra rounds do!

Here is the proof that 8 round Blake-256 has a minimum security margin of 2200 for best attack by a world leading expert academic team in cryptography
http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/852.pdf

for brute force attack there is still no better than 2256 and as the process of mining is like a partial preimage attack seems pointless to waste time, resources and efficient using the final submission 14 round version as it did not help win over the NIST judges  Roll Eyes

all variants are real due to a feature of the Blake algo "simple speed/confidence trade-off with the tunable number of rounds"

reducing the rounds also makes the algo smaller in hardware for FPGA so you can build higher Fmax bitstreams and would also make an Asic smaller thus cheaper, faster, and use less watt/hash for same nanometer process

*also note that the rounds in Blake2 are also reduced "from 14 to 10 for BLAKE2s (successor of BLAKE-256)"

Thanks for porting the Blakecoin version    

Thorough burn.
Activity: 524
Merit: 500
reducing the rounds also makes the algo smaller in hardware for FPGA so you can build higher Fmax bitstreams and would also make an Asic smaller thus cheaper, faster, and use less watt/hash for same nanometer process
I really like this approach - instead of inventing ASIC-proof PoW make the transition to ASIC mining as smooth as possible.
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
The "blake" algo is only for SFR and NEOS (its the real blake256 algo), blakecoin changed it to speed up the hashrate

The original submission of Blake-256 was 10 rounds but in the final they increased the rounds to 14 to try and gain more support from the judges but in the end NIST wanted the sponge function to get total immunity from length extension attacks rather than just resistance like all the other algo's in the final of the SHA-3 competition

Blake is based on ChaCha which is often used in an 8 round configuration hence why I chose to use that over the other extra security margin versions as that is all the extra rounds do!

Here is the proof that 8 round Blake-256 has a minimum security margin of 2200 for best attack by a world leading expert academic team in cryptography
http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/852.pdf

for brute force attack there is still no better than 2256 and as the process of mining is like a partial preimage attack seems pointless to waste time, resources and efficient using the final submission 14 round version as it did not help win over the NIST judges  Roll Eyes

all variants are real due to a feature of the Blake algo "simple speed/confidence trade-off with the tunable number of rounds"

*also note that the rounds in Blake2 are also reduced "from 14 to 10 for BLAKE2s (successor of BLAKE-256)"

Thanks for porting the Blakecoin version    
legendary
1%, almost nothing
Jump to: