Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [CHC] Chaincoin - Network Upgrade 16.1 - SegWit Activated - page 76. (Read 321645 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
this is a new low. Sad, hilarious and pathetic...
I don't understand, why is this a new low? If we're going up against all of the other coins, there has to be something about CHC that makes it stand out. I think it is the CHC community that makes the difference.  What do you think?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Marketing CHC

Why do you invest in Chaincoin?

• I want to be part of a community that cooperates for mutual prosperity.
  • I am sick of the pump-and-dump world where a few selfish people get rich leaving everyone else holding the bag.
  • I am fatigued by the parade of scam coins, with all of their empty rhetoric and empty promises.
  • I respect the honesty and transparency of the CHC community.
  • I believe that the community is more important than the features of the coin.

Who are you when you invest in Chaincoin?

• I am honest and helpful to the community.
  • I think differently than most investors.
  • I reject the notion that the little guy can never succeed.
  • I have the courage and grace to HODL under pressure.
  • I stand with a community in defiance of powerful forces stacked against me.

Never Break The Chain

this is a new low. Sad, hilarious and pathetic...
Marketing CHC

Why do you invest in Chaincoin?

• I want to be part of a community that cooperates for mutual prosperity.
  • I am sick of the pump-and-dump world where a few selfish people get rich leaving everyone else holding the bag.
  • I am fatigued by the parade of scam coins, with all of their empty rhetoric and empty promises.
  • I respect the honesty and transparency of the CHC community.
  • I believe that the community is more important than the features of the coin.

Who are you when you invest in Chaincoin?

• I am honest and helpful to the community.
  • I think differently than most investors.
  • I reject the notion that the little guy can never succeed.
  • I have the courage and grace to HODL under pressure.
  • I stand with a community in defiance of powerful forces stacked against me.

Never Break The Chain

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Also as I said on here before If your a US citizen and running MN's you should read this. Not law yet, but this is just a reinforcement of existing US T laws.
 Sect 7 in particular

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/1241/text?r=49

So how many US citizens were convicted for running MNs? Right... Amazing what people would do just to buy little bit cheaper...

phukit17:  We got this.  We're just step-children of DASH, so we're riding their coat tails.  They got it covered, so we're covered...
  https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/legal-research-marco-santori-cooley-llp.12691/

Activity: 504
Merit: 251
Is Chaincoin still backed by the dev team from 2014?
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
coinjoin worked for me and then stopped working
Activity: 176
Also as I said on here before If your a US citizen and running MN's you should read this. Not law yet, but this is just a reinforcement of existing US T laws.
 Sect 7 in particular

Your concern is appreciated but not needed. 
Section 7 addresses money laundering and unlawful activity.  It's not unlawful to run a masternode and Chaincoin is not money.
Please refrain from posting nonsense in the future.
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022
Really good to see the CHC dev team are now adding lots of commits to the GitHub code repository and there is talk here about improving the coin, updating the website, providing more team transparency etc.   There is a really good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8YB2JtRa0&t=14s by this guy which shows he has changed his tune on ChainCoin after thinking it was dead, when it's clearly not - in fact far from it, it's been resurrected by a new community.  I'm sure a lot of people got scared and sold at a loss (sorry to all those people!), but the price has met serious resistance at under a dollar and several times has bounced right back up to $1-3.    I'm still running my masternode - yes, sometimes there is a delay in paying out (I guess it depends on how much traffic there is and how many other nodes are online) but don't worry it's normal - quite often I check it and find a batch (i.e. Cool of CHC has been credited to my MN wallet.

To all the developers, YouTubers and of course the HODLers, please keep up the good work guys, there are HODLers out there like me who appreciate it - ignore the haters.... we need to stay positive and look to the future.

The CHC master node network keep getting larger with CHC having a little more master nodes the PIVX and about half as DASH

CHC Coins In Master Nodes
2,330,000 (15.39%)
Activity: 9
Really good to see the CHC dev team are now adding lots of commits to the GitHub code repository and there is talk here about improving the coin, updating the website, providing more team transparency etc.   There is a really good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-8YB2JtRa0&t=14s by this guy which shows he has changed his tune on ChainCoin after thinking it was dead, when it's clearly not - in fact far from it, it's been resurrected by a new community.  I'm sure a lot of people got scared and sold at a loss (sorry to all those people!), but the price has met serious resistance at under a dollar and several times has bounced right back up to $1-3.    I'm still running my masternode - yes, sometimes there is a delay in paying out (I guess it depends on how much traffic there is and how many other nodes are online) but don't worry it's normal - quite often I check it and find a batch (i.e. Cool of CHC has been credited to my MN wallet.

To all the developers, YouTubers and of course the HODLers, please keep up the good work guys, there are HODLers out there like me who appreciate it - ignore the haters.... we need to stay positive and look to the future.
Activity: 111
 Sect 7 in particular

So how many US citizens were convicted for running MNs? Right... Amazing what people would do just to buy little bit cheaper...
Activity: 208
 Sect 7 in particular

Activity: 34
What is difficulty based on when mining?
Network hash rate hardly changes but the difficulty has gone up.
How is it calculated?
There is talk about this since May when the idea was to move to 45/45/10 and also to implement v0.12 Dash which supports the budgeting system. But then there was a change and team has stopped working on v0.12 until they resolve all the bugs of current v0.9. Last we heard from roli on slack that temporary solution might be to move to 35/65 nodes/miners. Completely agree with you that budgeting/voting system and especially dev fund is the most important update team can make. That money can then be used to further develop the coin and pay for services like for example processors like coinpayments.net . Which charges $7000 to get new coin listed but would give CHC a real life use in all online shops that have coinpayments. We can't expect roli to pay for everything from his pocket.
CryptoNinjaPanda, do you know whether there exists an infrastructure like the BIP protocol for CHC, someplace where we can write proposals to improve things?  If not, we should get that set up as well, some way to more formalize these changes.

I had no idea that there were so many developers, and my apologies to Roli (lead), I was under the impression that brakmic was essentially the sole developer. This is a symptom of the problem you indicated, namely no list of developers.  That would be such an easy thing to do to bolster confidence.

But given there has already been talk of implementing DASH-style budgeting, and there is a sense that this isn't an idea perceived as way out in left field, I'm going to quietly start accumulating more CHC, because if any of this comes together, combined with continuing increases in masternode lock-in percentage, I don't want to look back on this as a missed opportunity: a community-driven coin for people that would rather HODL than scam one another.

If you have a detailed proposal you can try the github issues https://github.com/chaincoin/chaincoin/issues . But you have to propose it in "dev language" so they can understand it. If they like it they are very fast when it comes to implementation.  For example log rotation proposal was accepted and implemented by atriviss within a week. You simply don't see this with 90% of other masternode coins.
Activity: 21
Can all the guidance on how to deposit and withdraw from MN be put on 1st page?

Step by Step, that would be great.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
When do we see this coin listed on some major exchanges like bittrex or poloniex? Bittrex is still listing new coins for 3BTC fee I thought.
There is talk about this since May when the idea was to move to 45/45/10 and also to implement v0.12 Dash which supports the budgeting system. But then there was a change and team has stopped working on v0.12 until they resolve all the bugs of current v0.9. Last we heard from roli on slack that temporary solution might be to move to 35/65 nodes/miners. Completely agree with you that budgeting/voting system and especially dev fund is the most important update team can make. That money can then be used to further develop the coin and pay for services like for example processors like coinpayments.net . Which charges $7000 to get new coin listed but would give CHC a real life use in all online shops that have coinpayments. We can't expect roli to pay for everything from his pocket.
CryptoNinjaPanda, do you know whether there exists an infrastructure like the BIP protocol for CHC, someplace where we can write proposals to improve things?  If not, we should get that set up as well, some way to more formalize these changes.

I had no idea that there were so many developers, and my apologies to Roli (lead), I was under the impression that brakmic was essentially the sole developer. This is a symptom of the problem you indicated, namely no list of developers.  That would be such an easy thing to do to bolster confidence.

But given there has already been talk of implementing DASH-style budgeting, and there is a sense that this isn't an idea perceived as way out in left field, I'm going to quietly start accumulating more CHC, because if any of this comes together, combined with continuing increases in masternode lock-in percentage, I don't want to look back on this as a missed opportunity: a community-driven coin for people that would rather HODL than scam one another.

I think I understand what you mean, Random does have a kind of youthful exuberance, and he seems to sometimes trip over himself like a puppy trying to find his legs. Yet, I do trust Random. If he is a scam artist, then he would be one of the best con-men I've ever seen in my life.  I just don't think you can fake the emotional roller-coast ride that he has gone through with CHC, on the air, with his followers.  

all "youtubers" are actors, with half of them trying to be clowns, thats why i can't stand watching them and certainly wouldn't take any advice from them, even more in something as unstable as altcoins are.

idk random, but from the very little i saw of max vids and seeing how his attitude has changed over time in the chc discord, he seems to be scumbag, im glad latey at least part of his sheep has realized it and feel sorry for people who have put a lot of money into this.

i also truly hope devs can pull it together and eventually make something worthy from the coin, brakmic seemed like nice guy.
Yes brakmic is the real deal, he insists on doing this work for free, he's open-source through and through. In Random Tandem's most recent webcast, HighOnCoins (Max) came into the chat room and mentioned that his mods have un-banned brakmic so he is welcome to return to #clubhodl discord.  brakmic politely declined.

First priority for web devs should definitely be to bring back team page with the updated list of team members since team has many new members. There has been so much FUD about the team and all that could have been avoided if there was a list of team members on the website. They don't have to put their real names if they don't want to but people have to know who devs are. Many scammers are also taking advantage of the situation.

Core dev team members are roli (lead developer), brakmic and atriviss. And there are at least 10 - 15 people involved with the team.

Large team is one of the major advantages that CHC has over other masternode coins so why not show it on the website. It would surely kill all the FUD concerning the team.      
m33
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Never invest with borrowed coins
really hope this coin can pull it together , btw have not been getting payment in a long time ...
Proposal to Improve CHC Price and Viability

Each 90 seconds, Chaincoin network creates a new block with rewards as follows:

2 CHC -> Master Nodes
6 CHC -> Miners

This is simple and elegant and something that should not be meddled with lightly, so please understand that I'm not making this proposal in a flippant manner, but rather thinking about how to change the narrative to allow CHC price to rise.

DASH has implemented a revolutionary idea: decentralized governance.  With DASH, part of each block reward is allocated to a treasury that builds up over time.  In DASH block rewards are allocated as follows:

45% Miners
45% Master Nodes
10% Treasury

The treasury can be used for anything, but one important use is development.  At this time, our lead developer brakmic has stated flatly that he doesn't want to be paid anything, that he works 100% free (open source), so development cost isn't currently a huge concern.  However, treasury funds can be used for anything the community deems appropriate, and DASH has used this to help catapult the coin to higher valuation using a time-tested technique called marketing.  Note that DASH is supporting a lot of podcasts, and has commercials.  CHC could follow in DASH's footsteps, using treasury funds to do good-old-fashioned marketing, both traditional (e.g., radio) and content marketing on the web.

CHC could become the Litecoin equivalent of DASH

This is a reasonably good elevator pitch, and answers the question "Why CHC?"  I believe that achieving modest and achievable recognition as the next-best-thing-to-DASH could realistically push CHC valuation to $10 dollars or higher.

But how would this be done?  Well, my understanding is that it would require changes to the CHC consensus rules.  Technically, it would require brakmic and his helpers to port the treasury governance subsystems from DASH to CHC (assuming they are not already present), and a majority of the nodes would signal their agreement by running the new code.

My recommendation would be to do this in two steps.  The first step would be to enable the DASH-like governance system to give us a structured way of voting on features and initiatives without doing anything to the mining and master node percentages. Once that system is in place, we could start taking proposals for how to modify the percentages to introduce the idea of a treasury.  To be fair, it might make sense as follows:

20% Master Nodes
70% Miners
10% Treasury

This change in allocation would distribute the pain equally between Master Nodes and Miners, giving 10% of all block rewards to treasury.  If my math is right, this change would start accumulating 576 CHC/day into the treasury, which should build up quickly into a war chest.

There are two benefits to doing this.  First, we can use treasury funds for marketing and for any programming that brakmic isn't willing to do for free.  This is clearly an advantage, and DASH has already proven that this isn't blue sky, it really works.

But perhaps most importantly, such a change to the long-dormant CHC consensus rules would itself be newsworthy, disrupting the status quo.  Such a change would be perceived favorably by the crypto community, and that new faith would be reflected into the CHC price. It would signal that CHC is no longer a dead coin (one of the most popular objections), but a new coin, a coin with a plan.  Even the potential for such change could affect the narrative, giving the price of CHC a better chance to rise.

thanks mate!  by chance, would you know what the reward (fraction/percentage of the .0001 transaction fee) would be if an mn participated in the darksend mixing?  Can't find anything in DASH docs.  
No, sorry I don't know the rules, but I suspect that I have received some, because many of my incoming masternode rewards are slightly higher than 2 CHC.  Like I'm looking at one right now and it is 2.000025, 2.000175 and so on.  Looks like it is always a multiple of .000025 though, that may be a clue.

In addition to 2 CHC you get as 25% of the block reward you also get 25% of the fee for processing transactions.
Pages:
Jump to: