Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 123. (Read 92456 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
I have mixed some coins just now, and I too received a voucher code instead of (a) private key(s). Is it because the reserve ran dry? Step 2 mentions that all chips are withdrawn.

So far, every time that you get a voucher instead of the private keys to your chips has been because of lack of chips. I assume that for some reason there is very high demand right now, as it is not usually this way. The only time this wasn't the case was back when the fork to Bitcoin Cash happened, which forced ChipMixer (and many other services) to close and wait for security purposes. You can always email them about it to be sure and try to save your session in case it takes longer than it usually does to top up the chips.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
Yes, we have had a very busy day mixing and run out of chips. We are refilling, so if you have voucher you can redeem it now. If you have sent us an e-mail, check for reply. If you still have a problem or cannot redeem voucher, please send us an e-mail.

Looks like there is a whole lot of demand for this service in the last days, which explains why there aren't any chips available at this point to withdraw. I am quite sure that ChipMixer is well aware of this and is doing everything to refill their chip pool to start allowing people to withdraw chips again. It's a bit annoying for people having to wait, especially if you're in a hurry to settle whatever transaction, but it shows that this service is experiencing actual usage, and that is a good thing. Perhaps an idea to show an actual live pool value statistic to make people aware of how many coins there are ready to be withdrawn? It doesn't have to be an exact figure, but something in the range of [+250BTC available] would be a great and helpful indicator.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I have mixed some coins just now, and I too received a voucher code instead of (a) private key(s). Is it because the reserve ran dry? Step 2 mentions that all chips are withdrawn.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Just tried your service for the first time. i got a voucher code from your website, but NO private key. When I enter the voucher code to redeem it, your service always generates and shows a new one and when I click on import to Electrum, the box is entirely empty and doesnt show any private key at all.

Please tell me how to gain access to my mixed coins.

EDIT: All fine, was able to recover the coins now using the voucher code. Seemed to be some temporary missing stock of "chips".
Activity: 20
everything back to normal, just mixed 0.5 btc now

Keep this good service up!  Cool
Activity: 267
Merit: 100
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
ChipMixer is under maintenance. We will be back soon.
Maintenance is over, thank you for your patience.
ChipMixer is under maintenance. We will be back soon.
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
Is chipmixer be in short of chips again? or you are under maintenance?

Have the same Problem i have now 6 different  voucher
Cant get my btc i also send you email

Yes, we have had a very busy day mixing and run out of chips. We are refilling, so if you have voucher you can redeem it now. If you have sent us an e-mail, check for reply. If you still have a problem or cannot redeem voucher, please send us an e-mail.

Any ideas why demand was so today? Any interesting events?

Well it could be because of Chinese people wanting to cash out their coins and wanting some privacy because of rumors that the regulators are going to ban all Chinese exchanges. They don't want to get tracked down by the Chinese government, perhaps.

But anyways this is an issue that needs to be addressed imo. Maybe have like some sort of automatic chip top-up system instead of having to refill it manually? That would be nice, otherwise users may be impatient in waiting so long.

Just my 2 cents but Chipmixer is still doing a great job.

Any ideas why demand was so today? Any interesting events?
Activity: 1
Hi chipmixer team,

I just try to mix my Bitcoin, after I deposit my bitcoin into your mixing address, I only got a Voucher code, no chips are offered.

When i try to redeem the Voucher, it only gives me another Voucher, I can't get chips whatever... I used your service serval times before, this kind of problem never happened before. Already sending an email to you, please help me.

Best
Activity: 18
Hi chipmixer team,

I just try to mix my Bitcoin, after I deposit my bitcoin into your mixing address, I only got a Voucher code, no chips are offered.

When i try to redeem the Voucher, it only gives me another Voucher, I can't get chips whatever... I used your service serval times before, this kind of problem never happened before. Already sending an email to you, please help me.

Best
Activity: 3
Any interesting projects that are currently working on this? Adding a mixing layer on top of Bitcoin doesn't sound like a trivial task.
Check nopara73's HiddenWallet https://hackernoon.com/introducing-hiddenwallet-full-block-spv-tumblebit-wallet-testing-release-1054a15a9bb1
It is developed slow and not yet functional but he plans to add TumbleBit which is like ChipMixer but decentralized and slower.

After few hours (through Tor) I've decided to enter the voucher code to
check them , however it kept saying ''This voucher is invalid or already
redeemed.'' in the end I managed to get access through mozila after many attempts.
I just fought might be an error and decided to leave for a bit longer so generated another voucher code.
And again I've tried to check the voucher code and nothing worked , link through Tor was so useless.
After many many attempts and few good hours I managed to get in with the same code and withdraw my chips .
So your problem was that the voucher code did not work in Tor but worked on firefox?

If that's true then i would suggest talking to the support team. This is probably a serious issue as Tor will provide much better privacy for regular users/whales compared to on the clear net. They'll fix it for you, if it isn't just a problem on your end. But anyways, at least you got your money back eventually.
ChipMixer does not work differently on different browser nor it does on clearnet/Tor.
If voucher code did not work then but it works now - it means there was additional space copied and pasted or not all characters were pasted.
If there is any error, ChipMixer never responds with "invalid or redeemed".

Thanks a lot for replying back to my post.
Well I don't know what's the problem from inside I am just sharing my experience so you can improve your service this way.
Just to make you understand Tor was completely inutile in order to get access to my chips through voucher.
While mozila after many many attempts made it's work.
I had the voucher code in the same format(so it's impossible that ''there was additional space copied and pasted or not all characters were pasted'') so I kept to copy paste the voucher code until it worked that's it.
Sorry but I am not that noob to do mistakes like this and I wouldn't waste my time to wright in here and to support just because I wasn't enough attentive. My personal opinion is that the system might have a small bug which needs solution.

Hope this helps someone.

Kind regards,
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
Any interesting projects that are currently working on this? Adding a mixing layer on top of Bitcoin doesn't sound like a trivial task.
Check nopara73's HiddenWallet https://hackernoon.com/introducing-hiddenwallet-full-block-spv-tumblebit-wallet-testing-release-1054a15a9bb1
It is developed slow and not yet functional but he plans to add TumbleBit which is like ChipMixer but decentralized and slower.

Thanks for the link, good to see some work done on Bitcoin's privacy front. The Github repos seems rather stale currently, but it looks like a step in the right direction. Hopefully other devs will follow his footsteps.

redeemed.'' in the end I managed to get access through mozila after many attempts.
I just fought might be an error and decided to leave for a bit longer so generated another voucher code.
And again I've tried to check the voucher code and nothing worked , link through Tor was so useless.
After many many attempts and few good hours I managed to get in with the same code and withdraw my chips .
So your problem was that the voucher code did not work in Tor but worked on firefox?

If that's true then i would suggest talking to the support team. This is probably a serious issue as Tor will provide much better privacy for regular users/whales compared to on the clear net. They'll fix it for you, if it isn't just a problem on your end. But anyways, at least you got your money back eventually.
ChipMixer does not work differently on different browser nor it does on clearnet/Tor.
If voucher code did not work then but it works now - it means there was additional space copied and pasted or not all characters were pasted.
If there is any error, ChipMixer never responds with "invalid or redeemed".
Activity: 1526
Merit: 596
Hi all ,

Guys I know you have your serious debates in here but I have to post this feedback here.
Just deposited some BTC today and mixed the chips then I decide to
leave them for a while so went for the voucher option (as always).

I always had really good expierence with ChipMixer and everything went smooth however this time something wrong is going on so you guys have to fix it.

Kind regards,

No idea why this is the case.

Activity: 3
Hi all ,

Guys I know you have your serious debates in here but I have to post this feedback here.
Just deposited some BTC today and mixed the chips then I decide to
leave them for a while so went for the voucher option (as always).

I always had really good expierence with ChipMixer and everything went smooth however this time something wrong is going on so you guys have to fix it.

Kind regards,
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
I definitely wouldn't want to look suspicious. This might come of as a turnoff for innocent people wanting to use mixers. Undecided
Because only a criminal would want some privacy.

I get what you mean. But what I was trying to say is that non-criminals would probably stay away from mixers because of the fear of being suspicious to the feds or whatever government entity. Anyway, maybe I'm just overly paranoid and overthinking stuff  Lips sealed.

Non criminals staying away based on your position will give credence to the misconception that mixing services is meant for criminals alone but that will be wrong even if I not been a criminal but value my privacy uses mixing services even if feds comes after me, they would probably do some investigation into my activities before coming at me and if they found nothing incriminating will they still go ahead and also I have not read anywhere that its illegal to send my coins to a mixing service.

You all provided good counterarguments for what I said, so kudos to you guys. I was just pointing out what might be the misconception and or what reasons a casual bitcoin holder/user might have on why they would possible stay away from mixers because of some of the reasons I pointed out. Cheers.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%
I completely agree. If mixers like ChipMixer start getting more popular and even possibly get fully integrated into wallets such as was attempted with the Electrum wallet it would completely change the meaning of using one. Rather than them being seen by the average person as trying to hide something or as possibly money laundering, it could completely remove the negative stigma held against it.
Future of bitcoin mixing is mixing embedded in the wallet. It is hard to imagine browser without https support. It will be hard to imagine bitcoin wallet without mixing.

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569
Thank you for having me as part of your signature campaign. Grateful for the opportunity to spread the word.

I was just wondering how this business model can stay afloat with the massive costs involved. Darkstar recently returned from his vacation and I noticed the pay out for the two weeks posting spree would have cost Chipmixer more than 2 bitcoins. Nearly $10k for 14 days which is a massive overhead cost. Given that you don't charge fees, I can imagine the signature campaign eating heavily into profits aka donations from generous users of the mixer.

I hope your customers will donate a more generous portion of their mixed coins. I would suggest introducing a fee system similar to bitmixer's traditional pricing model in addition to an option to donate.

Probably some of the revenue came from the dice option of the site.  I, for example sometimes play there and lose some BTC Smiley Though sometimes I win but there is more occasion that I lost on the bet.   Though I favor that  it is in the best interest of the company to charge for the service.  There is no free stuff in this world Smiley

I agree that its really expensive running a campaign and its something one needs to be cautious of. This campaign has been on for over 15 weeks and every week has delivered the money must be coming from somewhere and I think the donation has been sustainable all along and also there is a need to start leveling a minimum fee with the option of donations attached because some people would prefer to donate big, rather than being charged pennies as a fee.
Jump to: