Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 127. (Read 92446 times)

mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
Might be shift in customer from bitmixer to chipmixer have increased the amount of donation they are getting from few big users.
After bitmixer closure volume went up and donations went up but support requests went up (customers were used to simpler mixing process) and donation percentage went down (customers were used to automatic fee deduction).

We are thinking about adding ChipMixerLite version that would work exactly like old BitMixer - you send output addresses, receive signed contract, send coins and wait a few hours to get them. The good part would be simplicity. The bad part would be split of mixers volume and less privacy. What do you think about it?

Honestly i don't think it's a good idea.

Chipmixer is a brand by itself and is the first to use private keys directly as a mixing tool to achieve 100% anonymity. Having a chipmixerlite will only confuse users, and probably create a split between the pathways to take which is not good.

I would consider adding a minimum fee instead of donation because as you said a lot of people from Bitmixer are used to having a mandatory fee charged alongside with their mixing process. After all you do need to pay for the transaction fees when you transfer funds into individual chips, pay for server, support, and advertising costs.

Personally, I think implementing a similar system for the old BitMixer is a good idea. Some people simply wan't their cryptocurrencies to be untraceable via block explorers, and nothing else beyond that. Though I agree with you that it can cause confusion, especially to the newer or older cryptocurrency crowd.

This ofcourse can be implemented successfully though. Maybe add a small comparison section between ChipMixer and ChipMixerLite on the home page of  chipmixer.com? Or maybe just add a slider on the top-right hand corner of the Step 1 deposit page, like YouTube's autoplay slider. Probably left for ChipMixer and right for ChipMixerLite?
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
Might be shift in customer from bitmixer to chipmixer have increased the amount of donation they are getting from few big users.
After bitmixer closure volume went up and donations went up but support requests went up (customers were used to simpler mixing process) and donation percentage went down (customers were used to automatic fee deduction).

We are thinking about adding ChipMixerLite version that would work exactly like old BitMixer - you send output addresses, receive signed contract, send coins and wait a few hours to get them. The good part would be simplicity. The bad part would be split of mixers volume and less privacy. What do you think about it?

Honestly i don't think it's a good idea.

Chipmixer is a brand by itself and is the first to use private keys directly as a mixing tool to achieve 100% anonymity. Having a chipmixerlite will only confuse users, and probably create a split between the pathways to take which is not good.

I would consider adding a minimum fee instead of donation because as you said a lot of people from Bitmixer are used to having a mandatory fee charged alongside with their mixing process. After all you do need to pay for the transaction fees when you transfer funds into individual chips, pay for server, support, and advertising costs.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

I enjoy using your mixer. Hopefully in the future you will introduce more innovative ways of mixing coins such as an app. A nice app for iOS and android users should be an ambitious project but look at it this way.. there are no mixer apps. They are all web based. Would be nice to understand why.

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179
I honestly find ChipMixer in current form do a far better job than Bitmixer when it comes to maintaining a higher level of privacy. That's mainly due to the fact that Chips get funded before people send their coins in.

Everything is easy to understand and works perfectly fine. ChipMixer even offers people to send the coins connected to the Chip's private key automatically to a certain address ~ that's even more convenience.

I say just stay as you are right now. But if you want to please a wider audience, then business wise it might be a smart move to add an optional service such as ChipMixerLite ~ demand is there it seems.
Activity: 994
Merit: 510

I like the idea of a simpler version. It seems that a lot of people reference BitMixer as user friendly, so I would be on board with that. If you keep both versions, you could satisfy customers that want simplicity with one and more privacy with the other.
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Feel free to not answer this question but I'm really curious, how the 'Pay what you want' business model is profitable for you when you are paying for your servers and signature campaigns? It's no secret that people prefer free stuff, I'd say like 1/10 of users actually pays something significant.
I am also curious about this model of business chipmixer have. Also chipmixer is claiming they are getting enough from donation alone to keep their operation and run signature campaign. Might be shift in customer from bitmixer to chipmixer have increased the amount of donation they are getting from few big users. I have also donated few times but the amount was not bigger than 1 mbtc.  Wink
Having an issue with Chipmixer.com

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from chipmixer.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more
NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

(already tried the site on three different PC, I think it's a site issue since my computer clock is correct)

Can confirm, I'm seeing the same. Looks like the Letsencrypt cert didn't get renewed in time and just ran out.

New certificate is in place. Thank you for noticing.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 2066
Cashback 15%

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from chipmixer.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

(already tried the site on three different PC, I think it's a site issue since my computer clock is correct)

Can confirm, I'm seeing the same. Looks like the Letsencrypt cert didn't get renewed in time and just ran out.
Activity: 267
Merit: 100

Feel free to not answer this question but I'm really curious, how the 'Pay what you want' business model is profitable for you when you are paying for your servers and signature campaigns? It's no secret that people prefer free stuff, I'd say like 1/10 of users actually pays something significant.
We are profitable but donation amount depends on a type of user. Big customers are generous because they value our service. Small customers probably cannot afford to donate since lowest amount to donate is 1 mBTC which is now around $3.

For the most part, they've all been extremely generous. Wink
When both sides are not anonymous they have a reputation to keep. If you help me recover 1 BTC I feel obliged to tip you 10% otherwise I will be known as ungrateful. With ChipMixer customer is anonymous and has no reputation to keep.
HCP
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 4314
Given the obvious success of the service... I'd guess that the secret is "volume"... but that's a guess.

Besides, I think you'd be quite surprised. For most of the help that I've given members, I operate on a "Pay what you think it's worth" system... I've helped several people who have trusted me with wallets/seeds etc to help them try and rescue their coins... and have had full access to multiple bitcoins. I have moved the total balance to a wallet of their choosing... and let them decide what they want to tip. For the most part, they've all been extremely generous. Wink

I've also had several users who just wanted to tip after I provided advice or help when I didn't have access to anything. It's not like I've got so much that I can pretend like I won the lottery... but let's just say I have plenty of coins for beer and coffee! Cheesy
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 4911
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
I have found that the best experience while using this mixer is to use a Blockchain.info wallet
Using web wallet is bad for privacy.

1. Web wallet owner can link your funds.
2. Usually does not support multiple wallets, so your mixed and non-mixed funds may link themselves by mistake.

ChipMixer recommends Electrum. We even made an Electrum plugin for easier mixing process.

And there are electrum nodes running as a hidden service on tor Wink
I have found that the best experience while using this mixer is to use a Blockchain.info wallet
Using web wallet is bad for privacy.

1. Web wallet owner can link your funds.
2. Usually does not support multiple wallets, so your mixed and non-mixed funds may link themselves by mistake.

ChipMixer recommends Electrum. We even made an Electrum plugin for easier mixing process.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
After being a Bitmixer customer for quite some time, I have yesterday tried ChipMixer for a simple mixing task. I am seriously in love with how I can deposit 1 amount, where after that I can instantly redeem several chip values through importing the private keys of chips that have been created before I even initiated a mixing session. I can for sure say that I found the perfect Bitmixer replacement. Recommended is that the private keys should be imported in a light client, since my core client took close to 1.5 hours to scan the entire blockchain.

As an addition to this, the client does not even have to be a downloaded wallet in order to be compatible with the private keys that are output by ChipMixer. I have found that the best experience while using this mixer is to use a Blockchain.info wallet (your existing one if you already have one) and then go through the mixing process until you obtain the private keys.  Once you have the private keys, you can simply use the built-in private key sweeper provided by Blockchain.info's wallet with each chip that ChipMixer gives you. The coins in these chips will then be sent to one of your seed-generated addresses for safekeeping and there is nothing more you have to do. As a word of caution, however, sweeping all the keys at once could make it easier to trace your chips all the way back to your original mixing transaction, albeit it is still quite unlikely given the random chip nature of ChipMixer, but it is still worthy enough to note.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
After being a Bitmixer customer for quite some time, I have yesterday tried ChipMixer for a simple mixing task. I am seriously in love with how I can deposit 1 amount, where after that I can instantly redeem several chip values through importing the private keys of chips that have been created before I even initiated a mixing session. I can for sure say that I found the perfect Bitmixer replacement. Recommended is that the private keys should be imported in a light client, since my core client took close to 1.5 hours to scan the entire blockchain.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
This is a great service! I will donate around %1 each time to support.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
As others stated before, i copied the voucher (step3) into step 1 and are finally able to withdraw.

I can confirm ChipMixer is working and not a scam!

I can also confirm that chipmixer is not scam but you might get voucher code when mixing rather than chip from the site these days because of lots of new users jumping into chipmixer from bitmixer after it stops mixing.

I had also got voucher at first but later on successfully made a withdrawal.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
I cant find about fees on site. Can you pls give more information?

The cost is mentioned on the original post and on the FAQ of their site as well but here[1]:

We use Pay what you want as pricing strategy. It mean you set how much value our service is to you.
You may split chips into size you wish to donate.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pay_what_you_want
Jump to: