Author

Topic: [ANN] ChipMixer.com - Bitcoin mixer / Bitcoin tumbler - mixing reinvented - page 148. (Read 92446 times)

staff
Activity: 2968
Merit: 568
APP下载sbapp.io
This is a very good site for users that wants more privacy in their transaction, the concept to be able to split or merge the Bitcoins into chips is really innovative, I do wonder if a user are able to split a deposit into 4 chips, or does the system only allows 2 chips for one transaction?
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I was also one of the beta tester of Chipmixer and found it quite unique way to mix our bitcoin. There is Easy to follow guide on site which will make your mixing even easier, merging and splitting chips is fun and I also think it can add more privacy on your mixing.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282
This is a very unique way to handle bitcoin mixing. So, I take it you already have a good amount of "chips" prepared for the mixing output? I assume that this saves everyone some cost involved in transaction fees, since there is no actual output transaction in the blockchain. However, if one wanted to move bitcoins from the chip addresses to another address, the transaction fee could be larger than expdcted depending on the amount of chip addresses as input of the transaction. Given these, is it safe to say that the output from mixing will result in the lowest possible number of chip addresses, as shown in your example in the first post?

You can pick the chips you want, so everything is on you for the withdraw fees. If I deposit 0.512 BTC, I could withdraw a 0.512BTC chip, 2 0.256BTC chips, or even 512 chips of 0.001BTC if I really wanted to for whatever reason.

The example in the first post is just an example of what a user could do.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1007
This is a very unique way to handle bitcoin mixing. So, I take it you already have a good amount of "chips" prepared for the mixing output? I assume that this saves everyone some cost involved in transaction fees, since there is no actual output transaction in the blockchain. However, if one wanted to move bitcoins from the chip addresses to another address, the transaction fee could be larger than expdcted depending on the amount of chip addresses as input of the transaction. Given these, is it safe to say that the output from mixing will result in the lowest possible number of chip addresses, as shown in your example in the first post?
Activity: 456
Merit: 956
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1935098
Though there might not be any serious need for customer support since there is no need for signups before we can use ChipMixer but try to have an online chat support on your website to welcome a new client.
Online chat support requires injecting external javascript on mixers page. That's not acceptable.

Do I want to bet? Now, that's hardly fair.
No, I just wanted to show that profit from donations is currently higher than profit from bets. This doesn't mean  your thory won't be true in long term.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
give me your cryptos
What I would recommend is implementing a probably fair system, and then implementing a totally optional fee system (Like bitmixer's, but the ability to bring it down to 0%). This will be more user-friendly and improve the user experience, IMO.
Probably fair system is a planned feature - tt was not required at launch, but was many testers asked for it.

What I do think you will profit from more is that betting functionality.
Do you want to make a bet about that? Donate option is currently winning.

Do I want to bet? Now, that's hardly fair. You know everything. Can you be sure that the donations arent mostly from the alpha testers and first time users, who either are tipping back the btc you gave them, or just testing the donate feature for the first time?

Great to see that you have plans for future updates. I'll be following this project closely, its extremely interesting and well thought through.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
Can you explain this feature better ? output may be higher than input - optional betting inside because it is very new and unique.
One of the methods of blockchain analysis is matching inputs and outputs.

If you send 1 BTC to old type of mixer, you will receive a combination of up to 10 outputs with their sum = (1 BTC - 3% fee). Blockchain analysis may try to solve it like a very big sudoku.

If you deposit 1 BTC to ChipMixer, you receive a combination of various sized chips. You can decide to use "Bet" function on any chip you have. You have 45% chance to double it - otherwise you lose it. But you don't need to use it. Just because this function exists and ChipMixer's user may use it, blockchain analysis cannot predict mixer's output.

I earlier thought that is a sure bet but 45% chances explains a lot and the choice is left in our hands, regardless of this, ChipMixer would surpass her predecessors because of many features it introduced which are not common.

Though there might not be any serious need for customer support since there is no need for signups before we can use ChipMixer but try to have an online chat support on your website to welcome a new client.

I sincerely wish you success.

Can you explain this feature better ? output may be higher than input - optional betting inside because it is very new and unique.
One of the methods of blockchain analysis is matching inputs and outputs.

If you send 1 BTC to old type of mixer, you will receive a combination of up to 10 outputs with their sum = (1 BTC - 3% fee). Blockchain analysis may try to solve it like a very big sudoku.

If you deposit 1 BTC to ChipMixer, you receive a combination of various sized chips. You can decide to use "Bet" function on any chip you have. You have 45% chance to double it - otherwise you lose it. But you don't need to use it. Just because this function exists and ChipMixer's user may use it, blockchain analysis cannot predict mixer's output.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
I visited your tor shop and found the features you brought into bitcoin mixing to be very impressive

you have full control over mixing - it makes process random
outputs are fungible - every chip is exactly the same
outputs are faster than inputs - from blockchain perspective, you spend them before sending to mixer
And many more .....................................................

Activity: 812
Merit: 509
Also, just another thing - the 45% betting thing on your site, is it provably fair?
Fair, but not (yet) provably fair. It was never inteded as a main function of mixer, just a way to make possible output even less predictable by blockchain analysis. Provability is already in planning.

Who knows, but why not grab the chance to try it for free before its (potentially) gone? Tongue
"Gone" is not an option. Too much time and BTC was spent on this project to just leave.

I was referring to the voluntary donations being gone and having some sort of fee in place, not this project going away Tongue I can tell that you guys have spent a lot of time and effort on this project and to get to this point.

Anyways, good luck with it. Hopefully this can revolutionise how mixing in done in the btc sphere Smiley
Also, just another thing - the 45% betting thing on your site, is it provably fair?
Fair, but not (yet) provably fair. It was never inteded as a main function of mixer, just a way to make possible output even less predictable by blockchain analysis. Provability is already in planning.

Who knows, but why not grab the chance to try it for free before its (potentially) gone? Tongue
"Gone" is not an option. Too much time and BTC was spent on this project to just leave.
Merit: 509
Have joined your signature campaign and hopefully it'll be a long term one instead of just a 1 or 2 week one Cheesy

The site itself is very well designed in my opinion, and functions beautifully.

What are you doing re the high fees / long confirmation times now?  Can we pay a little extra for quick confirmation?

When you deposit - you set the miner's fee (obviously). When you withdraw - you get private keys - you set any miner's fee you want. In case if you want to use automatic sweep (ie. you don't know how to use private key), fee is also automatic.

is it possible to mix amounts like .10001btc or only amounts divisible by .001btc?
Only amounts divisible by 0.001 BTC (the smallest chip size).

If I ever need to mix my coins, Chip mixer will be my mixer of choice, of course.
Thank you!

I know that you guys have a lot of satisfied testers etc. when the alpha test was out and about but at the same time i'm wondering how are you guys going to profit from this? Mainly from the betting on the site or what? Because obviously the fee you guys charge is completely voluntary(0.004 BTC i believe?) and a lot of people aren't going to be bothered to pay that voluntary contribution.

You guys are running a sig campaign as well which will be at least 0.5 btc per week. Interested to know whether you are planning on setting a mandatory charge per transaction whether percentage or fixed or something else in the future. But otherwise keep up the good work because i'm enjoying the site.
Since we are reinventing the mixing service, we are trying a little experiment here. Flat fees works for some mixers. Giving users some freedom to set fee works for others. Why not to try total freedom if it gives even more privacy?

But this is not a charity, so if donation experiment fails, we will switch into something else.

I like you guys already Smiley You seem like a group of very intelligent and innovative people trying to legitimately do something to change the scape of the bitcoin mixing business but i have to say that donations definitely won't cover you up with all the server costs, promotion costs whether it is sig campaign, advertising on this forum directly or ads on sites.

Hopefully you are right about donations being a good idea but in my experience and many social experiments show otherwise.

A lot of sites rely on donations obviously like wikipedia and stuff, and it works. But these sites are obviously not for profit and the aim of this project is i would say half for profit and half for innovating how bitcoin mixing works. But it's up to the owners to decide how they want to run their business. It might not make sense now but maybe it's just to attract initial customers. Who knows, but why not grab the chance to try it for free before its (potentially) gone? Tongue
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
What are you doing re the high fees / long confirmation times now?  Can we pay a little extra for quick confirmation?

When you deposit - you set the miner's fee (obviously). When you withdraw - you get private keys - you set any miner's fee you want. In case if you want to use automatic sweep (ie. you don't know how to use private key), fee is also automatic.

is it possible to mix amounts like .10001btc or only amounts divisible by .001btc?

If I ever need to mix my coins, Chip mixer will be my mixer of choice, of course.
Thank you!

I know that you guys have a lot of satisfied testers etc. when the alpha test was out and about but at the same time i'm wondering how are you guys going to profit from this? Mainly from the betting on the site or what? Because obviously the fee you guys charge is completely voluntary(0.004 BTC i believe?) and a lot of people aren't going to be bothered to pay that voluntary contribution.

You guys are running a sig campaign as well which will be at least 0.5 btc per week. Interested to know whether you are planning on setting a mandatory charge per transaction whether percentage or fixed or something else in the future. But otherwise keep up the good work because i'm enjoying the site.
Since we are reinventing the mixing service, we are trying a little experiment here. Flat fees works for some mixers. Giving users some freedom to set fee works for others. Why not to try total freedom if it gives even more privacy?

But this is not a charity, so if donation experiment fails, we will switch into something else.

I like you guys already Smiley You seem like a group of very intelligent and innovative people trying to legitimately do something to change the scape of the bitcoin mixing business but i have to say that donations definitely won't cover you up with all the server costs, promotion costs whether it is sig campaign, advertising on this forum directly or ads on sites.

Hopefully you are right about donations being a good idea but in my experience and many social experiments show otherwise.

What I would recommend is implementing a probably fair system, and then implementing a totally optional fee system (Like bitmixer's, but the ability to bring it down to 0%). This will be more user-friendly and improve the user experience, IMO.
Probably fair system is a planned feature - tt was not required at launch, but was many testers asked for it.

What I do think you will profit from more is that betting functionality.
Do you want to make a bet about that? Donate option is currently winning.

you would need to have a large number of chips at your disposal
That is not the problem. That is the idea.

instead of doubling the chip value each time you could use denominations like 0.01, 0.02, 0.05.
Could you extend your idea? How would it work with split/merge/bet function?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
This seems like a nice way to run a mixer but you would need to have a large number of chips at your disposal, also separating it into so many different chips will hurt people on transaction fees, perhaps instead of doubling the chip value each time you could use denominations like 0.01, 0.02, 0.05.
legendary
give me your cryptos

I don't really think you will be able to profit from the donation part that much. What I do think you will profit from more is that betting functionality. I know for sure that people using smaller denominations of the ability to will try and bet sometimes, and the odds are quite strongly in your favour Smiley

Thank you!

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

Thanks
legendary
give me your cryptos
Haven't tried the live site and can't necessarily vouch for it's trustability, but I was one of the alpha testers, and I loved the experience. The concept of using chips is great, and the owner/developer is kind and responsive.

Merit: 1000
happy to see first mixing service that have this idea, most mixing service don't have this and it is cute, i have a question tho

Jump to: