Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinMap 2.0! (Map showing places where Bitcoin is accepted) - page 24. (Read 108045 times)

nvK
Activity: 381
Merit: 259
@grabhive we've added Coinkite.com to Toronto, we are planning on adding all the POS locations once they start to ship.

Brilliant! This reminds us of something that we mentioned to stick earlier: When those ATMs start shipping, we should get those up on the map as well!

I'm not too familiar with OpenStreet Map, how can we make it a little speedier, maybe hide some layers?

Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
@grabhive we've added Coinkite.com to Toronto, we are planning on adding all the POS locations once they start to ship.

Brilliant! This reminds us of something that we mentioned to stick earlier: When those ATMs start shipping, we should get those up on the map as well!
nvK

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1129
If someone with an Android phone is looking for work to do, writing a "Local Bitcoin businesses" app that uses this data would be super-cool. Android supports geofencing APIs these days (hardware accelerated where possible) so you could have a feature that notifies you about local businesses whenever you travel, without much battery impact.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I have one complaint. When you browse the site with your mobile phone, half the screen is covered with the instructions on the bottom. It would be nice to have a button to hide them. Or even better, to have them hidden by default, with a button to show them.

Otherwise great site, thanks!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Localbitcoins points are grouped together with the regular bars, restaurants, pubs etc when zoomed out on the world map. Is that intentional?
Activity: 316
Merit: 287
good, but looklike we lost the displaced info about number of places!
Now that i was taking daily this info to make a chart Sad

I found out that calculating LocalBitcoins data points might be tricky, so I removed the number completely.

Now I realized it's probably better to have it back, just showing the number of OpenStreetMap venues.

Smiley thanks
Activity: 772
Merit: 501
This is very nice!
Activity: 441
Merit: 266

I found out that calculating LocalBitcoins data points might be tricky, so I removed the number completely.

Now I realized it's probably better to have it back, just showing the number of OpenStreetMap venues.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
I just finished cleaning up code from the Hive team and deployed it on CoinMap.org. ZipZap support is disabled for now, because I want to learn more about the service before I start advertising it.

But for now you can enjoy around 1000 geo points fetched from LocalBitcoins!
nvK
hivewallet.com
Hi Stick,

We've added LocalBitcoins and ZipZap locations to CoinMap. The code is here if you want to pull it in:
https://github.com/grabhive/coinmap

Both services have an API for searching so right now we have to query each of them. LocalBitcoins provides a list of country codes based on their user location, we use this list to get the codes. Than we convert them to the country name and query the API for each country (you can't use the country code for geolocation with Google e.g. DE == Delaware, but this is the country code for Germany - Deutschland). For ZipZap we use a list of the 50 largest cities in the USA. We are not sure if all data is mapped correctly, but the points are there.

I would like to present the growth of coinmap in the last months, there is a way to extract the number of places in function of time?

Thanks

Not at the moment. I plan to add more functionality soon and this is going to be one of the features.
I would like to present the growth of coinmap in the last months, there is a way to extract the number of places in function of time?

Thanks

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501
Great Project!

hivewallet.com

Awesome service. We've just added this menu item to Hive. It will go out with Monday's release.
I think would be nice to modify the visualization code to give the chance to select only specific activity: B&B, Pubs,restaurant....

That's on my list, but I have very little time nowadays. :-( Pull requests and donations welcome :-)
I just added a new gift shop in central italy www.12pietre.com
Numbers of point start to be high, I think would be nice to modify the visualization code to give the chance to select only specific activity: B&B, Pubs,restaurant....
So one can first select the layer that is interested in and then visualize how they are spread

Guido
Pages:
Jump to: