Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinMap 2.0! (Map showing places where Bitcoin is accepted) - page 25. (Read 108086 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 266
I've checked with mobiles and computers with different resolutions and operating systems and it seems to be working fine with all of them.

Thanks. I did some limited testing (Galaxy Nexus, iPad, 1024x768 screen, HD screen), but the more tests the merrier.
staff
Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111
I've checked with mobiles and computers with different resolutions and operating systems and it seems to be working fine with all of them.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
RISE Project Manager
Just added my construction company to the map in France.

Taking bitcoins for small to medium sized jobs.

Hopefully they won't become illegal over here!
Activity: 316
Merit: 287
I just check, everything is back to normality!

Good!

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
I am the only one that since yesterday can't visualize the symbols in coinmap.org?
I tryed from 2 different pc and is visible only the map, no merchant anymore!?

Thanks
Everything seems fine on my android phone right now.
Activity: 316
Merit: 287
I am the only one that since yesterday can't visualize the symbols in coinmap.org?
I tryed from 2 different pc and is visible only the map, no merchant anymore!?

Thanks
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
Thanks to all of you for your support and that you add new venues to OpenStreetMap.

Now we have 327 venues listed on CoinMap which makes CoinMap the biggest map/listing of places accepting Bitcoin! Big round of applause for everybody involved!

I think now it's the time to come up with CoinMap logo. If you have any ideas, please, post them here! (ideally as a SVG vector or PNG bitmap with transparency with size at least 1024x1024 px).

By posting an image here you agree that it can be used exclusively by CoinMap for promoting its activities. Thank you!
I lack the necessary skills, but here's an idea: render bitcoin logo as streets on a map (with the typical color scheme, etc).
I'm not familiar with Open Street Map. Can anyone edit the info, like on Wikipedia, or does the business owner have to keep the listing updated?

OpenStreetMap is built on the very same principles as Wikipedia, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenStreetMap
Activity: 449
Merit: 250
I'm not familiar with Open Street Map. Can anyone edit the info, like on Wikipedia, or does the business owner have to keep the listing updated?
Thanks to all of you for your support and that you add new venues to OpenStreetMap.

Now we have 327 venues listed on CoinMap which makes CoinMap the biggest map/listing of places accepting Bitcoin! Big round of applause for everybody involved!

I think now it's the time to come up with CoinMap logo. If you have any ideas, please, post them here! (ideally as a SVG vector or PNG bitmap with transparency with size at least 1024x1024 px).

By posting an image here you agree that it can be used exclusively by CoinMap for promoting its activities. Thank you!
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002
Yesterday I added 4 more bitcoin accepting shops in the Portland area =)
legendary
Merit: 1008
Make this the standard
+1

An open map for an open currency.
Activity: 322
Just added another shop =)
Pacific Solutions in Portland OR, USA

Move closer to me :/
legendary
Merit: 1002
Just added another shop =)
Pacific Solutions in Portland OR, USA
Activity: 322
Make this the standard, it's a great site.
Activity: 156
Merit: 10
Founder of Bitbond
What a brilliant idea. Once more Bitcoin accepting stores register on there, it'll be a really useful tool! Cheesy

I really think this is starting to be a problem. There are so many indexes and none is complete. Imagine you are new to Bitcoin and end up on one of these sites. It looks like Bitcion just came out yesterday and only a handful businesses are accepting it.

Any ideas for a solution? Maybe through the Bitcoin foundation? I might really ask them We just joined as a silver member.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
What a brilliant idea. Once more Bitcoin accepting stores register on there, it'll be a really useful tool! Cheesy
Activity: 312
New bitcoin.org page will use usebitcoins.info. I suggested coinmap on comments but... see: https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin.org/pull/215

Activity: 156
Merit: 10
Founder of Bitbond
Think in a supermarket that sell the products physically and by internet. I would like to see a way to filter the map to only show places that allow internet buying too.
This places could be tagged with something like: internet_buying=yes.

I think this is important.

I think a filter could be a good solution to the online/offline issue. I think it's legitimate for websites to list on the map because it can be pretty interesting for a user where they come from. An the more complete the listing the better.
legendary
Merit: 1008
Pages:
Jump to: