Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CoinMap 2.0! (Map showing places where Bitcoin is accepted) - page 23. (Read 108086 times)

Activity: 879
Merit: 1013
Recently your site became very laggy. I would say it's getting pretty much useless and I think it would be important to make it usable again, as it's recommended for newbies a lot of times on various forums.

Do you still actively develop it? I would donate some BTC if you do.
Activity: 441
Merit: 266
BRILLIANT IDEA.. however I can't get the listings to show... have followed the instructions, tried listing them with payment:bitcoin, and payment:bitcoin=yes, neither show. Are there any written detailed instructions to follow?

It's updated every hour. Have you waited long enough?
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1008
however I can't get the listings to show... have followed the instructions, tried listing them with payment:bitcoin, and payment:bitcoin=yes, neither show.
Can you give us a link to your element, please? Something like this: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/node/2342088989

Thank you!
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
BRILLIANT IDEA.. however I can't get the listings to show... have followed the instructions, tried listing them with payment:bitcoin, and payment:bitcoin=yes, neither show. Are there any written detailed instructions to follow?

Sorted, now have double ups that I'm deleting. Didn't realise I had to enter yes in the second column.

Is there any easy way (or any way at all) to chart the change in the global total of places (currently 587)?

Not yet. Personally I'm not very fond of idea, because this trend doesn't mean anything.
Activity: 551
Merit: 501
Is there any easy way (or any way at all) to chart the change in the global total of places (currently 587)?

I'd love to know how it has changed since April and what the trend is.
Activity: 994
Merit: 507
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
What doesn't kill you only makes you sicker!
Great work stick Smiley
legendary
legendary
How about a "Submit Change" link or button. You could then have a box show up where they pick something is out of date or needs to be added. If something needs to be added they just fill in the box and submit it. It could then automatically be posted in this thread where anyone with the skills could edit it if needed. If anyone has actioned the item they just reply to the post with "Done".
https://github.com/prusnak/coinmap/issues/6

Pull requests are welcome.

Ciao!
But what about the mom and pop store who accepts Bitcoin and has no interest or time in learning it? How do they get their store listed?

She asks her son/daughter who has interest and time. Smiley
or a forum member Wink

I think going that route will limit the success of coinmap Sad
But what about the mom and pop store who accepts Bitcoin and has no interest or time in learning it? How do they get their store listed?

She asks her son/daughter who has interest and time. Smiley
How about a "Submit Change" link or button. You could then have a box show up where they pick something is out of date or needs to be added. If something needs to be added they just fill in the box and submit it. It could then automatically be posted in this thread where anyone with the skills could edit it if needed. If anyone has actioned the item they just reply to the post with "Done".

One of the aims of this project is to teach people how to use OpenStreetMap. So no, this is not planned at the moment.

One of the aims of this project is to teach people how to use OpenStreetMap. So no, this is not planned at the moment.
Is this for the "buy online" ads on localbitcoins.com too or just the cash deal ads?

Online, unfortunately. I'm discussing with LocalBitcoins folks, but until they have a reasonable API for Local Ads, I can't do much.

I removed LocalBitcoins data points until:
a) LocalBitcoins has full API for querying local ads (at least like they have for online ads)
b) I implement hiding/showing of point layers by their type (this should be fairly trivial)
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1001
https://gliph.me/hUF
LocalBitcoins provides a list of country codes based on their user location, we use this list to get the codes.

Is this for the "buy online" ads on localbitcoins.com too or just the cash deal ads?

Also, how does this tie in with:

Can a private person share contacts for local bitcoin exchange activity?

Basically you have to understand that this is a map. When I find something on a map I expect it to be exactly there and if I don't I am disappointed. People move, buildings usually not.

IMHO, this is cluttering the map.
nvK
Activity: 381
Merit: 259
I have one complaint. When you browse the site with your mobile phone, half the screen is covered with the instructions on the bottom. It would be nice to have a button to hide them. Or even better, to have them hidden by default, with a button to show them.
Please open a ticket here:

https://github.com/prusnak/coinmap/issues?state=open

Thank you!

Pull request made
https://github.com/prusnak/coinmap/pull/19
legendary
I have one complaint. When you browse the site with your mobile phone, half the screen is covered with the instructions on the bottom. It would be nice to have a button to hide them. Or even better, to have them hidden by default, with a button to show them.
Please open a ticket here:

https://github.com/prusnak/coinmap/issues?state=open

Thank you!
Activity: 378
Merit: 325
hivewallet.com
I just finished cleaning up code from the Hive team and deployed it on CoinMap.org. ZipZap support is disabled for now, because I want to learn more about the service before I start advertising it.

Stick, what kind of information are you looking for about ZipZap? They're a retail interface for a cash-to-Bitcoin exchange process used by at least BitInstant (assuming they return), and Alan has mentioned to us that there will be others. On the Ripple side, they are providing this service for SnapSwap:

http://www.coindesk.com/ripple-labs-now-taking-cash-payments-zipzap-snapswap/
Pages:
Jump to: