Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Colossuscoin- 1.5.1 BIG, STRONG, and FRIENDLY - page 36. (Read 121123 times)

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
Update to 1.5.0 Immediately

I have updated the Colossuscoin further and will be far more aggressive over the next week.

Firstly the old peer issue has been addressed, in a rather aggressive fashion. As of Sun, 13 Oct 2013 00:01:00 GMT any client not on the 1.5 client will be booted off the network and be on an unsupported chain. The issue of people not constantly updating has been an issue of grief. As of Sunday as I always have said, I will work the highest chain and this will be it.

Once the old clients have been booted off the network we will enable the checkpoint server to reduce update time and node stability.

If all is not well with POW by then, I will have no option but to attempt to hard fork it.

For all those who dont update now its really bad luck. By Sunday your off the network, by Monday your client will spaz out and fork on your own chains if you not running the 1.5.0 client.

Remember as always use at own risk. It would be advisable to hold off transfers for the next week as we kick old clients off and enable checkpointing.

BTC/LTC is currently down but I will be trying to contact them to update also.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8q45ud3dpdd8ksw
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9sgknZvAt3QSmJJbVpWVEIyQzQ/edit?usp=sharing

https://github.com/muddafudda/Infinitecoin-V2

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
This update does not solve any problems. The problem still exists.
He's still working on it. 1.4.2 is the latest update but not the one MuddaFudda is working on
Activity: 151
Merit: 100
This update does not solve any problems. The problem still exists.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Yep now bctalk is back ill push out the checkpoint server update shortly and other fix

That's great.   Any word yet on Cryptsy adding COL?  Thanks!

or other exchanges?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1534
www.ixcoin.net
Yep now bctalk is back ill push out the checkpoint server update shortly and other fix

That's great.   Any word yet on Cryptsy adding COL?  Thanks!
legendary
Merit: 1022
Activity: 469
Merit: 250
ColossuscoinXT - highly energy-efficient
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
anyway to let btcltc know? They could post it on their news section to let people know what to do. Also, they themselves may not know.
legendary
Merit: 1000
anyone that ever happened to mine solo
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
Just increase the minimum PoS difficulty in code, the pos weight is too high for current diff.
I think you should set it higher than 1 at least.
Activity: 200
If the PoS block generation is the problem, then why even have that feature on this coin?
Even if everyone moves their coins to temporarily stop the PoS issue, once solo mining starts up the problem will only end up showing up again after a few weeks have passed, and we'll all be in this exact same spot once again. Don't get me wrong here, I currently hold a significant amount of this coin and really would like to see it become successful.

Due to us being stuck from a previous version, some users did not upgrade their wallets yet.  Therefore we can not fix the problem if they do not update their wallets.   Checking my peers, I have 13 clients out of 25 who are still using older versions of the wallet.  The updated POS code to address this problem may be in the latest version but only Muddafudda can confirm this.

Please spread the word to all exchanges to have users update their wallets so that we can get this coin moving and added to other exchanges.
Activity: 88
If the PoS block generation is the problem, then why even have that feature on this coin?
Even if everyone moves their coins to temporarily stop the PoS issue, once solo mining starts up the problem will only end up showing up again after a few weeks have passed, and we'll all be in this exact same spot once again. Don't get me wrong here, I currently hold a significant amount of this coin and really would like to see it become successful.
Solo is still a no go..
Now we need the other few thousand people who has COL Wallets opened to do the same thing...
COL POOL Operators, Please point your users to the thread here
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3275559

We need all COL Wallet users and online wallets to perform this task.

Muddafudda, is there a way to put the warning into COL Wallet at the bottom?
"Goto COL Bitcointalk Forum to have your wallet fixed to start mining again"
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Thx swiftshoot. Smiley My PoS is now DEAD. Grin

Turns out, all I needed to do was not use the 'true' flag at the end of my walletpassphrase command.

Solo is still a no go..
Error: Wallet unlocked for block minting only, unable to create transaction. (code -4) Huh
You will need to issue the following commands:

walletpassphrase yourpasswordishere 600

wait for response from console

sendtoaddress COLADDRESSTOSENDTO129s89ah 999999999

wait for response from console

walletlock

Code:
  walletpassphrase  
  Stores the wallet decryption key in memory for seconds.

walletlock
  Removes the wallet encryption key from memory, locking the wallet.
  After calling this method, you will need to call walletpassphrase again
  before being able to call any methods which require the wallet to be unlocked.
This coin need pools, Cryptominer is down and Botpool is fuckstuck at 128,638.13% on block 121551
Pools are down cause the POS is stuck.  People need to follow the above instructions to transfer all coins to yourself to help unstuck the coin.  The quicker we do this, the quicker the pools opens up.

Thanks for your help guys.

Error: Transaction creation failed (code -4)

Backup your whole folder where the .dats are.  You will need to redownload the blockchain.  You can confirm this with checkwallet command.  You will get a error.  You may have lost some coins.  so back up everything for Colossuscoin before proceeding.
Activity: 439
Merit: 250
mycoin.bitbank.com
This coin need pools, Cryptominer is down and Botpool is fuckstuck at 128,638.13% on block 121551
Pools are down cause the POS is stuck.  People need to follow the above instructions to transfer all coins to yourself to help unstuck the coin.  The quicker we do this, the quicker the pools opens up.

Error: Transaction creation failed (code -4)
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
Error: Wallet unlocked for block minting only, unable to create transaction. (code -4) Huh

Activity: 98
Pages:
Jump to: