Author

Topic: [ANN] ColossusXT (COLX) Private| Sustainable| Grid Computing - Mandatory Update - page 106. (Read 149033 times)

Activity: 143
Merit: 10
The coinswap from CV2 to COLX has ended. You can see the (near) final tally of coins on NovaExchange's details page:
https://novaexchange.com/coinswap/147/

12B coins were generated in the first COLX block for the swap.
10.309B coins were actually swapped
There's still some manual swaps to process, but I can't imagine its in the hundreds of millions. We can round that up to 10.4B to be overly cautious though.

That means about 1.6B were not swapped.
5% of unswapped coins are going to a dev-fund for marketing and bigger exchanges -- 80M coins
That leaves 1.52B coins to be burned and an initial total supply of only 10.48B coins

So total supply will 87% of launch supply. Since launch, the block reward has been 2500 COLX per block.
For 4 months, that means 432M.
That means in early January, the total supply will be just under 11B.

The block reward is halving in early January to 1250 and around May will lower again to 1000, which means growth will slow down in 2018 a lot.

All of the above means:
* It will be a long time till we hit the 12B total supply mark
* 80M coins (21BTC at current 27 sat rate) is now in the devs hands for marketing and hitting bigger exchanges)

Both of those are great points for Colx and only should help it grow even more.

Congrats dev team!
Activity: 112
Anyone going to get me those 2 Pizzas for 10,000 COLX yet..? 

It's very hungry work answering all these questions!!   Smiley    (y)
Guys, for MN setup, if i am having a 3rd party set up the server for me remotely. Can I just give them the 10milllion transaction number and ID and they can set up my MN from there correct? they dont need access to my coins and it will be safe?

Yes, that is correct... you need to do one transaction for exactly 10million to yourself so best to make a new receiving address for it and then copy that transaction ID and send it to them... You'll also need to setup your config files locally as per the docs... and in the 'debug console': masternode start-alias [name] to start it once they have it configured and up and running their end for you...

but yes never send your coins to any third parties!!   Smiley  or they could be having a party with your coins!!    ...and Happy Masternodeing!    (y)
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
Guys, for MN setup, if i am having a 3rd party set up the server for me remotely. Can I just give them the 10milllion transaction number and ID and they can set up my MN from there correct? they dont need access to my coins and it will be safe?
Activity: 43
Are there any plans of listing Colossus Coin on some bigger exchanges? Privacy coins are IN at the moment, but I am kinda worried of this 12B COLX coins, supply too large.

I think they will be doing a burnoff of a nice chunk of those coins if Im not mistaken. I think the total will still be a high amount but if I heard correctly it will at least cut it by a significant fraction (I read in various places it will at least be over a billion coins burned off, hopefully thats true)
Are there any plans of listing Colossus Coin on some bigger exchanges? Privacy coins are IN at the moment, but I am kinda worried of this 12B COLX coins, supply too large.

Yes, the team's been working hard on it the past few months and just cracked Cryptopia so much kudos to them!!   (y)

Cryptopia Exchange Crowdfunding Campaign and MN Sale has been successfully completed.
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia  
See https://blockchain.info/address/16adrAFTD2kZLT6zbHky9bmAbaC5m8Z9ax
$COLX to @Cryptopia_NZ soon!

And 12B is only 1.578947368421053 COLX each for the 7.6B people on the planet...  Smiley 
Activity: 386
Hello fellow miners
Hey gang sorry for the dumb question but... the wallet says 'start obfuscation'... what does that mean? Do I have to do that to begin staking? Or does staking begin automatically after following the instructions and configuring the "stake=1" text.

That's for privacy and sending private transactions...

ob·fus·ca·tion
ˌäbfəˈskāSH(ə)n
noun
the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
"when confronted with sharp questions they resort to obfuscation"

So you don't need to do anything with that initially... Configure it as you rightly say above... and unlock the wallet for 'anonymisations and staking'... New coins have to mature for 7 days before the staking starts so if it's a new install you just have to wait for a week and then it should start automatically... The devs are working on a new revision which should be out in the new year which will reduce this from 7 days down to just 8 hours which will be another great improvement to COLX but, until then, all you can do is sit it out and wait... Happy Staking!   (y)

You are the man, thank you for your response I appreciate it.
Just came across this link... has some good info about COLX staking for any other noobs like me that are lurking.

https://steemit.com/wallet/@xquad/staking-fundamentals-staking-101-for-newbies-like-myself-how-to-use-windows-wallet-for-staking-colx
Hey gang sorry for the dumb question but... the wallet says 'start obfuscation'... what does that mean? Do I have to do that to begin staking? Or does staking begin automatically after following the instructions and configuring the "stake=1" text.

That's for privacy and sending private transactions...

ob·fus·ca·tion
ˌäbfəˈskāSH(ə)n
noun
the action of making something obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
"when confronted with sharp questions they resort to obfuscation"

So you don't need to do anything with that initially... Configure it as you rightly say above... and unlock the wallet for 'anonymisations and staking'... New coins have to mature for 7 days before the staking starts so if it's a new install you just have to wait for a week and then it should start automatically... The devs are working on a new revision which should be out in the new year which will reduce this from 7 days down to just 8 hours which will be another great improvement to COLX but, until then, all you can do is sit it out and wait... Happy Staking!   (y)

How to synchronize the wallet, it is not synchronized at the moment.

It should do it automatically as long as you are connected to the internet... Check the progress bar at the bottom to see how many days/weeks it's still got to catch up with... It only takes a short while on a new install so next time you open it then it should be synced already... or only take a few seconds if out of sync again...
for 3 hours there is not a single connection, it can not be synchronized because it does not have a connection, there is a list of the network for whom.

First thing to check is that it's not being blocked by your firewall...

If that's not it then follow the steps here - https://colossuscoinxt.org/2017/11/what-to-do-if-wallet-is-not-syncing/
can i encrypt my wallet after i put coins into it without loosing anything, its already staking coins since about 2 months but i forgot to encrypt it

Yes that'll be fine... as a precaution you could back it up before... and then back it up again after you have encrypted it... and always best to keep at least two copies of the backup .dat file NOT on the same computer just in case of hard drive failure... like one on google drive and one on a memory stick...

Once encrypted, you'll then have to remember to unlock it for 'anonymisation and staking' each time you open it...
Activity: 4
can i encrypt my wallet after i put coins into it without loosing anything, its already staking coins since about 2 months but i forgot to encrypt it
Activity: 166

It should do it automatically as long as you are connected to the internet... Check the progress bar at the bottom to see how many days/weeks it's still got to catch up with... It only takes a short while on a new install so next time you open it then it should be synced already... or only take a few seconds if out of sync again...
for 3 hours there is not a single connection, it can not be synchronized because it does not have a connection, there is a list of the network for whom.

Activity: 166
Activity: 376
Merit: 101
How's the cryptopia listing going on? Is it today? Any news?

From what I have read elsewhere it should be early January 2018, enough was donated to meet the listing fee, that in itself shows you how strong this community is growing as the fee looks like it was over 2BTC which is 30K US. That is a lot of money donated by a community that has grown so quickly.

As for a prediction on price as this is a staking coin anything steady over 1 cent would be good if it can be stable.

why are staking coins so low valued over POW coins? so you dont think COLX can hit over $1?

It has a stake block of 2500 so at 1 cent that is $25.00 that drops to 1250 or if at 1 cent. $12.50. It then moves to 1000 per block.  So 1 cent would be great, at $1 it would be one of the most profitable coins on the market.
Activity: 187
You can do What you want.

From what I have read elsewhere it should be early January 2018, enough was donated to meet the listing fee, that in itself shows you how strong this community is growing as the fee looks like it was over 2BTC which is 30K US. That is a lot of money donated by a community that has grown so quickly.

As for a prediction on price as this is a staking coin anything steady over 1 cent would be good if it can be stable.

why are staking coins so low valued over POW coins? so you dont think COLX can hit over $1?

I think it will hit over 1cent and take a rest before rising up Cheesy
Activity: 61

Jump to: