Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ColossusXT (COLX) Private| Sustainable| Grid Computing - Mandatory Update - page 82. (Read 149033 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
You guys who are taking the time to answer these questions.... you are awesome. Thank you.

One last ones for the weekend lol....

Question : People say to manually back up the wallet.dat file on the computer. If I went to my wallet and clicked on File, Backup Wallet, while its still running.... will that pretty much do the same thing?

Activity: 8
HELLLLLLPPPPP!   After my wallet was staking apparently it caused a fatal error in Windows and forced a shutdown.  Now when I try to restart the wallet it won't open..."Failed reading from database. pcoinsTip best block is not correct. The block database is in an inconsistent state and may cause issues in the future. To force start use- forcestart".

Say what!!!! I swear none of this has even been remotely close to intuitive!!!! Why, why, do programmers not design software for non programmers??? At least speak in layman' terms! The above error messsage doesn't tell me anything other than the wallet can't open!!!!!!

I had the same issue some months ago. Make sure you saved your backups (some get automatically created) on an other drive. Now start the wallet with the start command "- forcestart". The wallet should reindex the blockchain an everything should be fine. If not, deinstall the wallet, reinstall it and replace the wallet.dat with your backup.

I hope i could help.
Activity: 19
The arrow on my wallet that indicated staking is active has shut off. Anyone know what would cause this?

Coins need to be staking for 7 days about 10000 conformations. Try typing getstakingstatus into the debug console to get a better idea what is causing it.

Thank you I will try that.

I wonder, does the arrow shut off while they mature again? Meaning, I recieved multiple deposits in the last two days, does that mean all of my coins have now been given and the arrow has shut off while they mature again?

Ill try the option you said about getstakingstatus, thank you.

For a little better idea how your coins are split and current confirmations go to settings>options>wallet and check in enable coin control features. Now go to the send tab in the wallet and click inputs.
HELLLLLLPPPPP!   After my wallet was staking apparently it caused a fatal error in Windows and forced a shutdown.  Now when I try to restart the wallet it won't open..."Failed reading from database. pcoinsTip best block is not correct. The block database is in an inconsistent state and may cause issues in the future. To force start use- forcestart".

Say what!!!! I swear none of this has even been remotely close to intuitive!!!! Why, why, do programmers not design software for non programmers??? At least speak in layman' terms! The above error messsage doesn't tell me anything other than the wallet can't open!!!!!!

Open the directory where the data is stored. You will see you wallet.dat and backups folder with backups of your wallet. Make a copy of those to a different folder just in case. Then open the wallet and go to tools wallet repair and try re scan block chain files or rebuild index. You can also delete everything besides  your wallet.dat and backup folder and let all the files get recreated if the previous steps didn't work.

It won't open the "dat" file.  It appears to be all screwed up!

Well now the program won't start at all, but I did make a copy of my wallet.dat file.  Some good it does me if the wallet won't start!  Coins up in smoke and no customer support that I can locate Undecided

Ok so the folder that contains the data default on windows is C:\Users\name\AppData\Roaming\ColossusCoinXT if you used the default, rename the folder to something like colxold. Then launch the wallet exe and it will act like you opened the program for the first time. Click use default location or change if needed. Allow the block chain to fully sync after it finish's close the wallet. Now copy your original wallet.dat and replace it over the new wallet that was created.
Activity: 102
HELLLLLLPPPPP!   After my wallet was staking apparently it caused a fatal error in Windows and forced a shutdown.  Now when I try to restart the wallet it won't open..."Failed reading from database. pcoinsTip best block is not correct. The block database is in an inconsistent state and may cause issues in the future. To force start use- forcestart".

Open the directory where the data is stored. You will see you wallet.dat and backups folder with backups of your wallet. Make a copy of those to a different folder just in case. Then open the wallet and go to tools wallet repair and try re scan block chain files or rebuild index. You can also delete everything besides  your wallet.dat and backup folder and let all the files get recreated if the previous steps didn't work.

Well now the program won't start at all, but I did make a copy of my wallet.dat file.  Some good it does me if the wallet won't start!  Coins up in smoke and no customer support that I can locate Undecided
The arrow on my wallet that indicated staking is active has shut off. Anyone know what would cause this?

Coins need to be staking for 7 days about 10000 conformations. Try typing getstakingstatus into the debug console to get a better idea what is causing it.

Thank you I will try that.

I wonder, does the arrow shut off while they mature again? Meaning, I recieved multiple deposits in the last two days, does that mean all of my coins have now been given and the arrow has shut off while they mature again?

Ill try the option you said about getstakingstatus, thank you.
I have a ColossusCoinXT_blockchain foider. Actually there's 2.  Is this it???

Activity: 115
First, NEXT.Exhange needs to launch. Their cautiously communicated launch dates have been postponed a few times already, so keep the option open that it could take another 2-4 weeks.

Thanks for the info! How about chinese exchanges, these new exchanges charge low-fee for listing and they have huge audience waiting to grab good coins? Any ideas on that guys?

Kucoin application was submitted today!

https://twitter.com/ColossusCoinXT/status/949413571343060992
I just bought colx D but I know nothing about the POS and I would like to know where to go for skating please!

Go to the Colossus website and download the wallet.  Follow the install instructions.  Best of luck! Cause I caught HELL and I'm catching it now!!!  My coins were staking then I had problems with the wallet software!!!
I just bought colx D but I know nothing about the POS and I would like to know where to go for skating please!

Follow the guide on the website at https://colossuscoinxt.org/staking/ If you have over 100k I would recommend manually splitting the coins you can follow that guide at https://colossuscoinxt.org/2017/11/how-to-use-windows-wallet-for-staking-colx-1-0-long-guide/
Activity: 163
Merit: 10

Guys I will slowly be rolling out a lot of stupid questions. I am an absolute noob when it comes to tech so even when I read the guides I get iffy and want to hear second explanations from people. I do apologize. The thing is, we want these type of people, people who are new to the crypto space. Because that means cryptos are reaching the 'normies' to to speak. So I think it would be somewhat beneficial if we compile an 'Idiots Guide to Colx : Frequently Asked Questions' style post that we bump every now and then for the noobs and non techies who might want to ask similar questions. Just a thought. I will try to compile the past questions Ive asked and think of some other real basic ones.
Question

Activity: 115
I have just bought some COLX. Just bought 250 000 COINS Tongue

Have been watching this play for a long time.

But I see that COLX might be listed to 4 or 5 exchanges in already a January.

Nextexchange
Mercatox
Kucoin
Cryptopia

And there was one more exchange they were talking about but I do not remember now Smiley

Transfer speed amazing.
Wallet working fast like a rocket.

So I think there will be a tough race between ECA and COLX Smiley

I hopped on a COLX train. Feel more comfortable.

Good Luck!!!

COLX is .013 cent atm, imagine buying Verge when it was at that price! COLX looks more promising IMO, already shows it can move and stay stable. Smiley
Activity: 338
Merit: 123
COLX - Spread the grid.
$COLX #Application to get listed on #Kucoincom Exchange has been submitted.  
https://www.kucoin.com/#/

ColossusCoinXT has been added to Status: Planned on NextExchange
https://nextexchange.featureupvote.com/?order=popular&filter=planned&q=#controls
Thank you for your #ColossusXT Support!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I have just bought some COLX. Just bought 250 000 COINS Tongue

Have been watching this play for a long time.

But I see that COLX might be listed to 4 or 5 exchanges in already a January.

Nextexchange
Mercatox
Kucoin
Cryptopia

And there was one more exchange they were talking about but I do not remember now Smiley

Transfer speed amazing.
Wallet working fast like a rocket.

So I think there will be a tough race between ECA and COLX Smiley

I hopped on a COLX train. Feel more comfortable.

Good Luck!!!
Pages:
Jump to: