Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] coolMiner - Lyra2z Miner for nVidia [1080Ti-3.75MHs][Maxwell\Pascal\Volta] - page 4. (Read 22987 times)

Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Think I found it:

-lockVoltagePoint:0,%VOLT%

I will give it a go, i.e. test with values at or above 1075000. See what happens.
P-limit has no impact on Lyra2z, the power usage is always ~55% of your GPU's TDP.
My 1080Ti is 320W so it uses 160W~170W at min, other 1080Ti blower model with 250W TDP uses 120W~130W.
Only option to really oc the core clock is to increase the core voltage, try increasing the core voltage in small steps and see if helps.

Ok, is there a command in nvidiainspector to increase core voltage?
I would have thought that increasing power limit would allow nVidia's GPU boost to kick in and increase voltage automatically?
Activity: 157
Merit: 6
P-limit has no impact on Lyra2z, the power usage is always ~55% of your GPU's TDP.
My 1080Ti is 320W so it uses 160W~170W at min, other 1080Ti blower model with 250W TDP uses 120W~130W.
Only option to really oc the core clock is to increase the core voltage, try increasing the core voltage in small steps and see if helps.

Does anyone know why changing power target in nvidiainspector has no impact on this miner?
Whether I use 85% or 120% the power draw is exactly the same and I can't seem to increase clocks very much at all.

Basically I'm running my 1080's at 2.6 MH/s which isn't really anything to write home about...
Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
very nice.
I have run v1.4 in linux server and hashrates are expectionally improved...

1 x 1070ti, 1 x 1070 and 3 x 1060 previously not touching 7Mh/s, now reaching and easy 8MH/s

nice work dev.

I had some initial trouble getting the files into linux so I ended up downloading the tar.gz to my mac, then scp the file to my local rig (ubuntu 16.04 server).

cool-runnings!
Activity: 952
Merit: 17
raskul
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
well) i just find a decision) it s not beautiful but hope it works) i just made one bat file to start miner and another one that counting down 15 minutes (for example) and killing miner process in task manager/waiting for couple seconds and starts first bat again in new cli window) and starts counting again. this rough thing hope will help from hanging and other problems)

I understood why you are failing
you have the option - i 18
he makes a malfunction
on another version, you have 16
I just changed the setting to 16 in V1.4 and everything works fine
only the sense of what from V1.4 if there is only - i 18?
Activity: 4
I get instant rig freezes with this miner, even without OC and reduced intensity. I don't have this problem with ccminer, anyone know what the problem could be? I have 2x1080ti 2x1070ti, 1x1060 6GB and 1x1050ti
Activity: 714
Merit: 512
Update: coolMiner-v1.4!
* Found solution to the error: stuck in a  loop  "retry after 5 seconds"-  when there is stratum connection/Stratum authentication error- now the miner will exit so you can monitor and relaunch it.

So... how can I make the re-launch automatic without a secondary batch file ?

Set it up on 5 machines & left for 20 minutes -- all 5 have closed.

well - there 2 things might be. 1- you did something wrong while making/starting those .bat s (it worked for me for 2-3 day without problem)
2- after couple days those 1.3 miner started to disappear suddenly (whatever i did to start it it just closing after 5-10 seconds of work) but i bet it s not my fault)))

PS - it you try to do that config with goto (link above) you ll have several copies of working miners bcz it doesnt kill the task in task manager.  and mine killing the task and creating new window with miner. and also you may try it on 1.4ver but i tested with 1.3 (though i think it doesnt matter) mostly i thing its windows10 bugs. just received an update on it, so tomorrow will try again

I set it up as per the link Ryzen2700x shared and it seems to be working smooth now. The miner does periodically error out but the .bat file gets it going again.
Activity: 5
* Found solution to the error: stuck in a  loop  "retry after 5 seconds"-  when there is stratum connection/Stratum authentication error- now the miner will exit so you can monitor and relaunch it.

well - there 2 things might be. 1- you did something wrong while making/starting those .bat s (it worked for me for 2-3 day without problem)
2- after couple days those 1.3 miner started to disappear suddenly (whatever i did to start it it just closing after 5-10 seconds of work) but i bet it s not my fault)))

PS - it you try to do that config with goto (link above) you ll have several copies of working miners bcz it doesnt kill the task in task manager.  and mine killing the task and creating new window with miner. and also you may try it on 1.4ver but i tested with 1.3 (though i think it doesnt matter) mostly i thing its windows10 bugs. just received an update on it, so tomorrow will try again

Thanks. Will give that a shot.

I am changing all my NVIDIA stuff to Lyra2z for the summer... my bitcoin room is crazy hot.

I got Zotac AMP Extreme (320W TDP @bios) so the min power I can get is 160W @50% TDP, for me getting to 3.7Mhs is easy and should be at 160~170W, going to 3.75~3.85 is the hard part.
I am interested to see how other lower TDP 1080Ti models can do with tweaking, I can't get lower then 50% TDP on my card unless I lower Vcore but it lowers Core Clock- unlike 250W 1080Ti's that can have better hashrate @ 130W.
Activity: 954
Merit: 250
What about power of gtx 1080ti to get 3.7M?
Activity: 547
Merit: 250
Thank you , I have fixed it now, will release v1.5 in few days.

Can this be built off of ccminer v2.3 and not v2.2.5
well) i just find a decision) it s not beautiful but hope it works) i just made one bat file to start miner and another one that counting down 15 minutes (for example) and killing miner process in task manager/waiting for couple seconds and starts first bat again in new cli window) and starts counting again. this rough thing hope will help from hanging and other problems)

Do you mind sharing the codes here?

@echo on

:start

Timeout /T 900

Taskkill /IM coolMiner-x64.exe /F

Timeout /T 5
Start "miner" cmd /c *.bat

Timeout /T 5
goto start

PS - put this batch to the same folder as miner and its bat. better put folder in c:\ (root of C) for no mistaking/long path to file. * = name of your start bat. first time i start original bat and just after - this bat. after this it all goes without your help ;-)
why all the trouble? V1.4 exit's miner in case of connection problem, so u can use it, frequent miner restart looses profit because of the time takes to send first share after miner start.
V1.4 should be better in this case.

I will try to check if something changed in ccminer v2.3 in this matter.

do you really wanna restart/check it works manually every hour?))) rofl - you might never sleep also?)
why all the trouble? V1.4 exit's miner in case of connection problem, so u can use it, frequent miner restart looses profit because of the time takes to send first share after miner start.
V1.4 should be better in this case.

I will try to check if something changed in ccminer v2.3 in this matter.

Pages:
Jump to: