Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 10. (Read 444040 times)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Hello!! Good work! Will the support continue? When using Intel Xeon processors, do you need special software?

You dont need special software.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
Hello!! Good work! Will the support continue? When using Intel Xeon processors, do you need special software?
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Activity: 4
I have a 64 bit system!
I ask how to install? what libraries you need to download! You can set an example for CentOS7?Which file to edit and run?
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
good the explanations of your way to compile cpuminer through source  Smiley
by the way, can I compile your source into 32 bit processor system compatibility of windows ? I didn't found the instruction in https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/blob/master/README.txt and https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES

and also into 32bit of linux if allowed

when I compile it into my 32 bit computer, appears the message below

please give me a clue. thanks  Smiley

read first page. 32 bit is not supported

Requirements:

1. A x86_64 architecture CPU with a minimum of SSE2 support. This includes Intel
Core2 and newer and AMD equivalents. In order to take advantage of AES_NI
optimizations a CPU with AES_NI is required. This includes Intel Westbridge
and newer and AMD equivalents. Further optimizations are available on some algos
for CPUs with AVX and AVX2, Sandybridge and Haswell respectively.

Older CPUs are supported by cpuminer-multi by TPruvot but at reduced performance.

2. 64 bit Linux OS. Ubuntu and Fedora based distributions, including Mint and Centos are known
to work and have all dependencies in their repositories. Others may work but may require
more effort.

64 bit Windows OS is supported using the pre-compiled binaries package or may be compiled
with mingw_w64 and msys.

Legacy version 3.5.9.1 May provide better performance on some algos with
older CPUs that don't have AES NI. The legacy version is required to mine hodl
with a non-AES CPU. Most users should use the master version.

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/releases/tag/v3.5.9.1

Activity: 4
Hello!
Please help the girl!
How to install the miner and run on the server under CentOS7?
Three days of fighting I can not do anything!
Who can write stages and teams in order?
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1009
TRX: TCRKDukYt2zDie9vJDhToKrP3tyTV29U48
good the explanations of your way to compile cpuminer through source  Smiley
by the way, can I compile your source into 32 bit processor system compatibility of windows ? I didn't found the instruction in https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/blob/master/README.txt and https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/blob/master/RELEASE_NOTES

and also into 32bit of linux if allowed

when I compile it into my 32 bit computer, appears the message below

cpu-miner.c:107:1: error: unknown type name ‘__int128_t’
 __int128_t opt_affinity = -1LL;
 ^
cpu-miner.c:204:50: error: ‘__int128’ is not supported on this target
 static void affine_to_cpu_mask( int id, unsigned __int128 mask )
                                                  ^
cpu-miner.c: In function ‘affine_to_cpu_mask’:
cpu-miner.c:217:32: error: ‘__int128’ is not supported on this target
       if( ( mask & ( (unsigned __int128)1ULL << i ) ) )  CPU_SET( i, &set );
                                ^
cpu-miner.c: In function ‘miner_thread’:
cpu-miner.c:1797:40: error: ‘__int128’ is not supported on this target
                              (unsigned __int128)1LL << (thr_id % num_cpus) );
                                        ^
Makefile:2316: recipe for target 'cpuminer-cpu-miner.o' failed
make[2]: *** [cpuminer-cpu-miner.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/bb2ebb/cpuminer-opt-3.8.8.1'
Makefile:5713: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/bb2ebb/cpuminer-opt-3.8.8.1'
Makefile:907: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

please give me a clue. thanks  Smiley
Activity: 302
Merit: 26
Please compile https://github.com/bubasik/cpuminer-opt-yespower for windows x64 with latest version openSSL

I get it only from libssl-1.0.0.dll, and it's slower.

In linux works faster than in windows.
in linux - 407 h/s
in windows 7 x64 - 350 h/s

Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
how to use only 1 core or not full number of cores

Use -t option for the number of threads you want. For example -t 4
Another option to leave the miner use all cores and still let you use the computer is to start with lower prio. In windows it's start /low cpuminer....
Activity: 7
how to use only 1 core or not full number of cores
Activity: 194
Merit: 100
Hi sir joblo ! Could you add support for CN-Fast please ?

You can look at https://medium.com/@officialmasari/cn-fast-miner-packages-4dd7b601abb1 for CN-Fast Miner Packages.

Thanks  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
There's so little information out there on the KNL Phis that I'm having trouble figuring out how to compile it on the phi. I've compiled it on the host multiple times no issue, along with other miners but I'm kinda stumped trying to get it to run on the Phi itself. There's so much info on the KNC but nothing on the KNL. Most of the commands on the KNCs are not compatible with the KNL series :/

I can't help with the Phi issues. Once they are sorted out I can look at any cpuminer issues.
legendary
Activity: 15
Activity: 391
Merit: 105
Has anyone been able to run Xeon Phi coprocessors using this miner. In specific a Xeon Phi 7220A or other x200 PCI-E equivalent?

Have you tried? What problems do you encounter?

I tried to compile it natively using icc but I am getting compile errors. I'll try it again sometime this week to see if I can get it to work.

I believe "native" in ths context refers to  how the application is run, not how it is compiled. A native compile is when
compiling on the same device as the app will be run. Have you tried compiling on the phi using GCC? I don't know if
it's supported but it would avoid any incompatibilities between cpuminer and ICC.

There's so little information out there on the KNL Phis that I'm having trouble figuring out how to compile it on the phi. I've compiled it on the host multiple times no issue, along with other miners but I'm kinda stumped trying to get it to run on the Phi itself. There's so much info on the KNC but nothing on the KNL. Most of the commands on the KNCs are not compatible with the KNL series :/
legendary
Has anyone been able to run Xeon Phi coprocessors using this miner. In specific a Xeon Phi 7220A or other x200 PCI-E equivalent?

I tried to compile it natively using icc but I am getting compile errors. I'll try it again sometime this week to see if I can get it to work.

I believe "native" in ths context refers to  how the application is run, not how it is compiled. A native compile is when
compiling on the same device as the app will be run. Have you tried compiling on the phi using GCC? I don't know if
it's supported but it would avoid any incompatibilities between cpuminer and ICC.

legendary

Activity: 906
Merit: 507
When I try mining xmr I dont get anywhere the hashrate on fx-8350 that I get in xmr-stak or xmrig and would prefer to use cpuminer-opt because you support more coins I no its my settings so how do I use these settings in cpuminer-opt
 "cpu_threads_conf" : [
       { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 1 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 3 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 5 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 7 },
       { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
],

Thanks for any help

-t 5 --cpu-affinity 0xab, but you should use 4 threads (8MB cache) and you might have to play with affinity
to get them properly distributed.
Thank You I appreciate it
Pages:
Jump to: