Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 11. (Read 444040 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
When I try mining xmr I dont get anywhere the hashrate on fx-8350 that I get in xmr-stak or xmrig and would prefer to use cpuminer-opt because you support more coins I no its my settings so how do I use these settings in cpuminer-opt
 "cpu_threads_conf" : [
       { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 1 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 3 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 5 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 7 },
       { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
],

Thanks for any help

-t 5 --cpu-affinity 0xab, but you should use 4 threads (8MB cache) and you might have to play with affinity
to get them properly distributed.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
When I try mining xmr I dont get anywhere the hashrate on fx-8350 that I get in xmr-stak or xmrig and would prefer to use cpuminer-opt because you support more coins I no its my settings so how do I use these settings in cpuminer-opt
 "cpu_threads_conf" : [
       { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 1 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 3 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 5 },
       { "low_power_mode" : false, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 7 },
       { "low_power_mode" : true, "no_prefetch" : false, "affine_to_cpu" : 0 },
],

Thanks for any help
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Any fork to work with an Armv8 64 bits (Amlogic S912 Octa-core ARM Cortex A53) ?

Activity: 24
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
hi
is possible add more alternative pools if first one crashes.
is somewhere instructions how to config?

That can be handled by external programs, there are several promoted in the mining forum.

Thanks for reply
I needed to know, if this is not possible directly
you have some experience, you can recommend program ??
Windows/Linux

Check my signature for Forager.
Supports many pools and both GPU / CPU mining in Windows
Activity: 45
hi

That can be handled by external programs, there are several promoted in the mining forum.

Thanks for reply
I needed to know, if this is not possible directly
you have some experience, you can recommend program ??
Windows/Linux
legendary
msys and mingw_w64 can anyone gives the exact urls?
i cant run build.sh in msys command line
im trying to change dir and nothink works

Compiling on  Windows requires some unix skills, you may be better off using the pre-built binaries.
If you want help compiling provide more info on what you did.
legendary
hi

Activity: 177
Merit: 3
msys and mingw_w64 can anyone gives the exact urls?
i cant run build.sh in msys command line
im trying to change dir and nothink works
Activity: 45
hi
Activity: 97
joblo,

What are the chances of getting Cryptonight Heavy on the list of Algos for Cpuminer-opt?

The XMrig supports it in their CPU miner. https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig

Edit:

XMrig cpu miner support CH in the 2.6.2 verison here
https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/releases

hope that helps.

Activity: 2086
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
could ou tell me how to configure for linux ?
i need command.
legendary
Thank you, got last question I promise Smiley . Is there a option to run cpuminer v3.8.8.1 ussing sse4.2 on cpu(i3-380m) that does not support aes? When i try to run it on legacy version it says that cpu supports only sse2 but in v 3.8.8.1 it shows dat cpu supports sse4.2.

There are no SSE4.2 targetted optimizations in cpuminer so any reporting of SSE4.2 capabilities is just FYI and doesn't
really mean anything. You should use the SSE2 build if your CPU doesn't have AES.
Activity: 7
Thank you, got last question I promise Smiley . Is there a option to run cpuminer v3.8.8.1 ussing sse4.2 on cpu(i3-380m) that does not support aes? When i try to run it on legacy version it says that cpu supports only sse2 but in v 3.8.8.1 it shows dat cpu supports sse4.2.
legendary
So if i have 2 cores 4 threads i should use -t 2 cpu-affinity 0x5?

It would help if you said what you're trying to accomplish.
Unless you have a good reason, as a newbie I doubt you have one, you shouldn't be messing with this.
If you only want to run 2 miner threads use -t 2. Ideally each thread will run on a different physical core,
if not you can use --cpu-affinity to explicitly specify which logical cores should be used, but you need to
understand the what and the why before the how.

I want to use affinity because when i dont, miner uses 100% of cpu and thats my pc for work. Even more i noticed i get better h/s using affinity than otherwise. From my understanding affinity links thread to cpu thats why you can achieve better perfomance by using this option. So if i want to link threads to physical cores (which i got 2 in i5-5200u) i need to use 101 in binary(1 for every physical core), that converts to 5 in hex so it gives me 0x5 for cpuminer. But the thing i dont understand is when i only use affinity without -t it still uses all 4 threads, thats why i asked if i should use -t 2 option for my 2 core 4 threads cpu.

I believe your questions have been answered.

Unless you have a good reason, as a newbie I doubt you have one, you shouldn't be messing with this.
If you only want to run 2 miner threads use -t 2. Ideally each thread will run on a different physical core,
if not you can use --cpu-affinity to explicitly specify which logical cores should be used, but you need to

I want to use affinity because when i dont, miner uses 100% of cpu and thats my pc for work. Even more i noticed i get better h/s using affinity than otherwise. From my understanding affinity links thread to cpu thats why you can achieve better perfomance by using this option. So if i want to link threads to physical cores (which i got 2 in i5-5200u) i need to use 101 in binary(1 for every physical core), that converts to 5 in hex so it gives me 0x5 for cpuminer. But the thing i dont understand is when i only use affinity without -t it still uses all 4 threads, thats why i asked if i should use -t 2 option for my 2 core 4 threads cpu.
legendary

legendary
Thank you very much, but if i dont use -t option, all threads are still doing job. I got i5-5200u - 2 cores 4threads so i use affinity 0x5, same thing on another pc with i3-380m also 2 cores 4 threads and still all threads work anyway.

CPU affinity is only used with -t less than the number of CPU cores.
Pages:
Jump to: