Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]: cpuminer-opt v3.8.8.1, open source optimized multi-algo CPU miner - page 14. (Read 444040 times)

ULF
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
      Which CPU Miner version best, most stable for BTX Bitcore?
      I am using Nvidia GTX 1060 and GTX 1080ti rigs.
      Let me know, Please
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
I'm mining DYN on a fx-8350 and fx-8320 for some reason after mining a little while cpuminer shows my temps 0 on the fx-8320 it starts up showing the temps I tried restarting a few times but always goes back to 0. The fx-8350 shows my temps all the time

You might have better luck in a memory overclocking forum.
legendary
I'm mining DYN on a fx-8350 and fx-8320 for some reason after mining a little while cpuminer shows my temps 0 on the fx-8320 it starts up showing the temps I tried restarting a few times but always goes back to 0. The fx-8350 shows my temps all the time

cpuminer just reads the temperature from the /sys file system, zero means read failed.
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
Activity: 63
No it's still dual channel, running @ 1.35V like it should, I'll take a look at this paper thanks!

Make sure your Ryzen has the latest BIOS, there have been issues with higher speed memory.

Yes of course it is up to date... But still this is B-Die ram 2x8GB, even on older bios it works fine.

The question is, why or how is CPU hashing less on YescryptR16 / R32 ?
legendary
No it's still dual channel, running @ 1.35V like it should, I'll take a look at this paper thanks!

Make sure your Ryzen has the latest BIOS, there have been issues with higher speed memory.
Joblo I got a question. (or anyone that could)

I just changed my ram from 3200 (Only able to run 2666Mhz, it is dual rank ram) 16-18-18 to 3200 14-14-14 Samsung B-Die to be able to run full speed of 3200 on Ryzen...

I mine YescryptR32 or R16. On R32 I get speeds of 585H/s with the 2666 CL16 vs 450H/s with the 3200 CL14...
I read it could be that this algo has memory requirements... but can't get any more info than this...

Do you know?

If I understand correctly, you went from dual channel memory to single.
Math would say that the throughput is now (3200 / 2666 / 2) ~= 60% of the original, so the more memory dependent the algo, the more speed you loose

You can also take a look at the CPU load/temps/power consumption, if it is lower that it was before, this means that you dont have enough memory bandwidth to feed cpu with enough work

Yescrypt algo is bandwidth hard, since it performs memory lookups

If interested, see more in the whitepaper https://password-hashing.net/submissions/specs/yescrypt-v2.pdf

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

I just changed my ram from 3200 (Only able to run 2666Mhz, it is dual rank ram) 16-18-18 to 3200 14-14-14 Samsung B-Die to be able to run full speed of 3200 on Ryzen...

I mine YescryptR32 or R16. On R32 I get speeds of 585H/s with the 2666 CL16 vs 450H/s with the 3200 CL14...
I read it could be that this algo has memory requirements... but can't get any more info than this...

Do you know?

If I understand correctly, you went from dual channel memory to single.
Math would say that the throughput is now (3200 / 2666 / 2) ~= 60% of the original, so the more memory dependent the algo, the more speed you loose

You can also take a look at the CPU load/temps/power consumption, if it is lower that it was before, this means that you dont have enough memory bandwidth to feed cpu with enough work

Yescrypt algo is bandwidth hard, since it performs memory lookups

If interested, see more in the whitepaper https://password-hashing.net/submissions/specs/yescrypt-v2.pdf

Do you know?
legendary
Big thank's! And for processors with instructions AES and AVX which miner under the monero_v7 will be better? cpuminer-avx.exe or cpuminer-aes-sse42.exe? or for monero_v7 are equivalent?

How 'bout you tell me? As previously explained there are no code differences between the two builds but
some users have reported a significant performance difference with some algos.
Activity: 13
cpuminer-opt-3.8.8

https://github.com/JayDDee/cpuminer-opt/releases/tag/v3.8.8

Added cryptonightv7 for Monero.

Big thank's! And for processors with instructions AES and AVX which miner under the monero_v7 will be better? cpuminer-avx.exe or cpuminer-aes-sse42.exe? or for monero_v7 are equivalent?
legendary
Activity: 38
Argon work, but slow. Beastpoolminer +10%
Cpu-opt 3.8.72

There is no AVX targetted code anywhere in cpuminer-opt so there must be some better compiler
generated optimizations possible on Sandybridge vs Westmere. Most HW improvements on Sandybridge
should be transparent to the SW.

The only thing I found was a new instruction encoding format in AVX. Some (many?) of the
legacy SSE instructions have new encoding for AVX and they are possibly faster on a Sandybridge
CPU than the legacy SSE encoding of the same instructions. The new encoding would only be used if compiling
for AVX which would result in different binaries between Westmere SSE4.2 and Sandybridge AVX.

This is somewhat speculative but I can't think of any other reason the AVX compiler switch makes all
the difference.

It looks like I can't kill off the AVX build after all. It will return in th enext release, however, there will still
be no reporting of AVX algo features. AVX may affect some algos or all algos or may affect different algos
differently. They are the ghost optimizations. They exist, their effects can be felt, but they can't be seen.

Hey, Joblo!
How about to add the argon2i algo for Arionum coin: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-aro-arionum-cpugpumasternode-php-based-decentralized-revolution-2710248
Activity: 47
Hi there,

I love your miner for YescryptR16 algo. I have some interesting observations.

On my i7-2600, if I use 8 threads I only have like 40h/s per thread. But if I drop down to two I have 90h/s instead per thread

On my miners which mostly feature dual core CPU, I have 100-150h/thread.

I wonder if Hyper-threading hurts the hashrate per thread, or the algorithm doesn't scale well on multi-core CPU. The CPU usage on 8 threads are like 97% on average. SO as the one in dual-core CPU.

Did I miss something I need to optimize, or that's it? I'd love to upgrade my miners to quad-core or even i7 (Sandy bridge CPUs are cheap these days), but I want it to be worth of my investment.

Thanks

That it's because the L3 cache of the processors i think that is the reason why that happens. More threads dont always mean best perfomance. 
Activity: 45
Hi there,

I love your miner for YescryptR16 algo. I have some interesting observations.

On my i7-2600, if I use 8 threads I only have like 40h/s per thread. But if I drop down to two I have 90h/s instead per thread

On my miners which mostly feature dual core CPU, I have 100-150h/thread.

I wonder if Hyper-threading hurts the hashrate per thread, or the algorithm doesn't scale well on multi-core CPU. The CPU usage on 8 threads are like 97% on average. SO as the one in dual-core CPU.

Did I miss something I need to optimize, or that's it? I'd love to upgrade my miners to quad-core or even i7 (Sandy bridge CPUs are cheap these days), but I want it to be worth of my investment.

Thanks
Activity: 906
Merit: 507
I'm very surprised that a man like Joblo has only 2 personns who gave him merit !!!

I am the third : +5 merit for you Joblo and I think it is not so much for all you kindly job.
I invite each person who use your CPUMiner-opt to give you some merit : it is a minimum.
Thank you Joblo/JayDDee for your job ;-).

You're right, the problem is for me Merit System is crap so I tend to not support or use it because it basically froze my rank, so I'm holding a bit - to use an euphemenism - of a grudge against it.

Also he's already Legendary so I don't think he needs more merits anyway.

By the way I gave him one Cheesy
I agree with you about the merit system because some ppl abused ranking for ICO purposes we all have to suffer because the mods are to lacy to do their jobs and investigate so I choose to do signature campaigns I will never get merit sorry for going off topic Joblo 
Activity: 403
Merit: 257
Rejected on the monero algorithm continue...

The new cryptonightv7 isn't supported yet.

is there a plan in supporting cryptonight v7 in the future?
Activity: 312
Merit: 10
hi joblo
what option best performance yescryptr16 algo for ryzen?

i already used avx2-sha, but if you give other suggest, i would try it
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
Is it possible to run cpuminer in background? I think that every time I close my SSH-window, mining stops. I'm using UbuntuVM.

-B

Ok, where should I put '-B'? At the end of the command?

I'm trying to run command: ./cpuminer -a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://[POOLADDRESS:PORT] -u [WALLETADDRESS]

Can somebody confirm which is the correct way to run this miner background on UbuntuVM?

I need to know where to put that -B in my command. Thanks in advance.

Anybody? I want to know how to run miner in background.
./cpuminer -a yescrypt -o stratum+tcp://[POOLADDRESS:PORT] -u [WALLETADDRESS] --background

Thanks a lot!
Activity: 141
Merit: 10

And Argon-unitus is quickly on cpu-opt than unitusminer
cpu-opt 950h/s
unitusminer 750 h/s
Good result. +++
Pages:
Jump to: