Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CRAVE 1st POS Masternodes | Dark Assets | I2P | Market =Embrace The Dark= - page 71. (Read 826713 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Infected Mushroom
That's a very good guide darkproton, I hope people will be able to start their own masternodes from now on. I am also eager to help to those who have problems, please feel free to ask any questions. We, as a community, should be here to help.

For a start, I'd like to remind you perhaps an easier way to find your ip (ofcourse, it has to be a static ip in order for you to run a masternode, otherwise you will have to rent a vps through Vultr or any other vps provider), that is by going to https://www.whatismyip.com/ and you should be able to see your ip for your .conf file.

Hope this one helps too. Do not be afraid to ask questions even if it feels like a noob question. Nobody born a computer geek. We all learn. Wink

Edit: Erm. darkproton deleted his guide, so I will post rocoro's masternode guide:

Thanks to original guide author.. I revised..  

Setting up a Masternode - Windows

We will be using your home computer for this Smiley nothing fancy

Create a new .txt file, we need to copy/paste a few codes/addresses

Start with a new wallet (0 balance) but first back up your old wallet.dat if you have coins in it Wink
Open te QT, and make sure you have your firewall accepting connections from the CRAVE QT Wink

Nex, Let it sync up

After you synced, go to Tools=>Debugconsole=>Console
Then typ : masternode genkey              
Press enter

You will see a large code, copy this code to the .txt file for now. We need this code later on when we are setting up a new crave.conf file

Go back to your Wallet=>Tools=>Debugconsole=>Console
Then typ : getaccountaddress 0

This will give you a new CRAVE address. Copy this address to the .txt file for now. We need this address later on to sent EXACTLY 500 CRAVE to it (more or less will not work!) so you are able to be a masternode Wink

Next you need to encrypt your wallet! Make sure you think of a strong password!

Settings=>encrypt wallet

After doing that your wallet needs to restart.
Close wallet and re-open.

Alright, It is time to sent those 500 CRAVE to the "address 0" you copy/pasted in the .txt file. make sure it is EXACTLY 500!!  Cheesy

If you have coins in your backed up wallet. Close down the CRAVE QT and just switch your wallet.dat with the back up wallet.dat (the one with your coins in it Wink) make sure you dont remove or lose the other "masternode" one, just put it away somewhere else for a sec.
Restart the CRAVE QT, Let it load, and you should see you have balance again from your backup wallet.

Send 500 coins to the CRAVE address we put in the .txt file earlier. Let it fully confirm in the blockchain.
Close the CRAVE QT and swap the wallet.dat files again. You will now need the masternode wallet.dat file again.

Next, we need to make a new .conf file

Code:
maxconnections=100
rpcuser=yourusername
rpcpassword=yourpassword
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=5555
gen=0
listen=0
server=1
daemon=1
reservebalance=9999999
logtimestamps=1
masternodeaddr=YOURIPADDRESS:9999
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=YOUR GENERATED PRIV KEY

Change username/password
Replace YOURIPADDRESS with your ip address  Smiley
Replace the YOUR GENERATED PRIV KEY with the one you copy/pasted in the .txt file
Save as crave.conf (we all know where to put this right?)

Open the CRAVE QT

Go to Tools=>Debugconsole=>Console

Typ masternode start walletpassword

Then typ masternode list

If you did everything right, and followed this guide step by step you should see you ip addres in the list with :1 behind it... then it is all set! Leave your wallet open though Smiley

If you want to do multiple Masternodes do similar to this:

You can change the port and setup more if you want. You will need to have multiple copies of the datadir and you crave-qt.exe

something like this for your .bat files and make sure you have a folder to hold the data for each running MN.

StartMasterNode1.bat
crave-qt -datadir=C:\SubFolders\CraveMasterNode1

StartMasterNode2.bat
crave-qt -datadir=C:\SubFolders\CraveMasterNode2

StartMasterNode3.bat
crave-qt -datadir=C:\SubFolders\CraveMasterNode3

Crave Master Node 1 Config
Code:
maxconnections=100
rpcuser=YourRPCUser
rpcpassword=YourRPCPassword
rpcport=9970
port=9999
gen=0
server=1
daemon=1
staking=0
reservebalance=9999999
masternodeaddr=YouIPAddress:9999
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=YourMasterKey
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Crave Master Node 2 Config
Code:
maxconnections=100
rpcuser=YourRPCUser
rpcport=9971
port=9998
gen=0
server=1
daemon=1
staking=0
reservebalance=9999999
masternodeaddr=YouIPAddress:9998
masternode=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Crave Master Node 3 Config
Code:
maxconnections=100
rpcuser=YourRPCUser
rpcport=9972
port=9997
gen=0
server=1
daemon=1
staking=0
reservebalance=9999999
masternodeaddr=YouIPAddress:9997
masternode=1
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1

Activity: 35
Merit: 0
Very impressive coin, pretty strong community, I just got mine now. looks like dev is competent and has skills.

keep it moving up.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
Have the fudders gone? Hope so.  Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
Yeah, this fud and dump was a big challenge and looks like we survived. I'm sorry for the week hands.

Liberty or Die.

I'm not lol they dumped right into my pockets thanks weak hands!  Grin
Infected Mushroom
Yeah, this fud and dump was a big challenge and looks like we survived. I'm sorry for the week hands.

Liberty or Die.
Activity: 432
Looks like the price is recovering nicely, guess everyone got the craving again!  Grin

yes, good to see it going up.  Cool

FUDDERS and TROLLS are getting wild again, 2 pages are full of BS, it may be the sign to get more crave...   Undecided
Activity: 560
Merit: 300
Unprofessional shitcoin trader since 2011
Looks like the price is recovering nicely, guess everyone got the craving again!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000
who have more than one node turned on one pouch to run? I did not get
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
there was a nice article about crave @coinssource if you guys missed  Cool 

http://www.coinssource.com/crave-price-soars/

Nice article, Liberty or die.  Cool
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
there was a nice article about crave @coinssource if you guys missed  Cool 

http://www.coinssource.com/crave-price-soars/
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1156
Rashid Ahmed oh fuck! strong blow!

Bobsurplus smalls just got dropped

market will realesed soon! Dump for me.

Infected Mushroom
Exactly. Unfortunetly, I am not good with words, at least that much. That is how I exactly feel. I am here and I support Crave because I believe it has a future. This is backed by the features ICM brought to the table. I might be wrong and I could be a bagholder in the future, but I am willing to take that risk since I really adore the concept on this coin. Time will tell. Meanwhile, I'll try to buy as much as I can.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Kaspa
Bob we all know you have no respect for any altcoin, as you and your crew have stated it many times... the only thing you guys are after is btc and thats fine and I respect that opinion (elbows a$$holes and opinions... we all have them)

I do find it sad and deff a bit short sighted but like I just stated thats just my opinion... I guess my point is with all the volatility and volume you guys create makes for very profitable trading days which is great and alone must make you guys tons of btc before you decide to pull the plug, which is just like the cherry on top for you guys. but on coins like crave and GPH that show real potential and something different for traders why dump? the potential gains on long term partial support could be much more beneficial for both you and the good coins you come across.

like you probably saw me comment on earlier.  I don't believe you (or whoever was pumping crave at the start) brought crave to where it's floor could be with the continued development and skills of a dev like ICM... in fact with the kind of innovation crave has and continues to have  without the p'nd group it would have been a much slower start but could have easily been well over a steady 200k floor right now... or instead of sending the "dump signal" out if you guys would have exited much slower the "bottom" could have formed at a much higher than it did. and you wouldn't leave a trail of "butt hurts" in your wake that end up calling for your heads or  blaming the coin for the actions of a few traders.

yes p'nd groups can help a coin get noticed early on, get it on exchanges much faster and create very profitable trading. but I believe the out right dumping/crashing when you leave does much more harm in the longrun.

I don't blame the p'nd groups when I enter to high, it's always up to the buyer to examine the situation and make their own choices.

I have respect for the game but too much greed or to discount solid coins trying to innovate may not be the smartest way to play. on short term plays for sure I'll contemplate bob's advice, but will always assume any advice your giving is for short term plays... and if your fudding a coin like crave then I just assume your looking to shift buyers to your next short term play and would never take it seriously. and will continue to hold/trade my crave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uD1u8NrM-uc

This is the single best message I have seen so far. Couldn't agree more, thanks.

your welcome, Just trying to share my perspective as I try to perceive a bigger picture... Cheers to the CRAVE community
Infected Mushroom
Bob we all know you have no respect for any altcoin, as you and your crew have stated it many times... the only thing you guys are after is btc and thats fine and I respect that opinion (elbows a$$holes and opinions... we all have them)

I do find it sad and deff a bit short sighted but like I just stated thats just my opinion... I guess my point is with all the volatility and volume you guys create makes for very profitable trading days which is great and alone must make you guys tons of btc before you decide to pull the plug, which is just like the cherry on top for you guys. but on coins like crave and GPH that show real potential and something different for traders why dump? the potential gains on long term partial support could be much more beneficial for both you and the good coins you come across.

like you probably saw me comment on earlier.  I don't believe you (or whoever was pumping crave at the start) brought crave to where it's floor could be with the continued development and skills of a dev like ICM... in fact with the kind of innovation crave has and continues to have  without the p'nd group it would have been a much slower start but could have easily been well over a steady 200k floor right now... or instead of sending the "dump signal" out if you guys would have exited much slower the "bottom" could have formed at a much higher than it did. and you wouldn't leave a trail of "butt hurts" in your wake that end up calling for your heads or  blaming the coin for the actions of a few traders.

yes p'nd groups can help a coin get noticed early on, get it on exchanges much faster and create very profitable trading. but I believe the out right dumping/crashing when you leave does much more harm in the longrun.

I don't blame the p'nd groups when I enter to high, it's always up to the buyer to examine the situation and make their own choices.

I have respect for the game but too much greed or to discount solid coins trying to innovate may not be the smartest way to play. on short term plays for sure I'll contemplate bob's advice, but will always assume any advice your giving is for short term plays... and if your fudding a coin like crave then I just assume your looking to shift buyers to your next short term play and would never take it seriously. and will continue to hold/trade my crave.

This is the single best message I have seen so far. Couldn't agree more, thanks.
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
So SoloScam caused the price to drop. I picked up another Masternode but this sucks for those who lost CRAVE.

I wish setting up a masternode was easier, so people wouldn't have to rely on scumbags like Sologap.
it is easy anyone with 30 minutes should be able to figure it out on windows...
Ya really if you can figure out how to stake your coins you can figure out how to run a masternode its not so hard.  I personally had never done it and figured it out from info posted in here.
I can host a masternode clinic tomorrow sometime on slack. maybe after 9pm GMT works for me. i can do a walkthrough and answer questions.

good idea, but if you could do a youtubey vid sometime then it could be handy for anyone who cant make it to slack today, thanks m8

yes, a video on youtube teaching people step by step how to set up an adrenaline master node, will be great.  Smiley
legendary
Kaspa
Cool. Will continue ahead. I posted this sometime back. If you have blur and want to run darkpoold but are unsure how to install it or want to, as well as having to install python, I uploaded an exe of darkpoold that does not need python installed nor any other downloads. Sort of a click and run kind of affair. Below are instructions to get it running

Uploaded an executable of darkpoold for those on win7. Let me know if works.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=51947573573707255640
Instructions
Download and extract to folder
make crave.conf in crave folder
make BLUR folder in roaming
(both of the above were detailed in prior posts)
turn on or restart crave.qt or craved
DO NOT STAKE
open cmd window by pressing windows btn and r , type cmd
or
start, cmd
cd path/to/extracted/folder
from here, use exactly as one would darkpoold.I included conf.conf file where you can change the password and user name so you only have to type  --config-file=conf.conf
to start type
darkpoold.exe  --config-file=conf.conf server
wait for blocks to catch up
open new terminal and go to darkpoold folder
 type
darkpoold.exe  --config-file=conf.conf help
for list of commands
eg  darkpoold.exe  --config-file=conf.conf market --get-asset=BLUR
enjoy

if you want to stake and have darkpoold running, you should copy the crave folder to another location on your computer with the cave.conf file. you will need to start it from cmd with path/to/craveqt.exe --datadir=d:\other\cravefolder --conf=ifwanttospecifycrave.conf --listen=0

thank you, I'll be sure to check it out
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
So SoloScam caused the price to drop. I picked up another Masternode but this sucks for those who lost CRAVE.

I wish setting up a masternode was easier, so people wouldn't have to rely on scumbags like Sologap.
it is easy anyone with 30 minutes should be able to figure it out on windows...
Ya really if you can figure out how to stake your coins you can figure out how to run a masternode its not so hard.  I personally had never done it and figured it out from info posted in here.
I can host a masternode clinic tomorrow sometime on slack. maybe after 9pm GMT works for me. i can do a walkthrough and answer questions.

good idea, but if you could do a youtubey vid sometime then it could be handy for anyone who cant make it to slack today, thanks m8
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Cool. Will continue ahead. I posted this sometime back. If you have blur and want to run darkpoold but are unsure how to install it or want to, as well as having to install python, I uploaded an exe of darkpoold that does not need python installed nor any other downloads. Sort of a click and run kind of affair. Below are instructions to get it running

Uploaded an executable of darkpoold for those on win7. Let me know if works.
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=51947573573707255640
Instructions
Download and extract to folder
make crave.conf in crave folder
make BLUR folder in roaming
(both of the above were detailed in prior posts)
turn on or restart crave.qt or craved
DO NOT STAKE
open cmd window by pressing windows btn and r , type cmd
or
start, cmd
cd path/to/extracted/folder
from here, use exactly as one would darkpoold.I included conf.conf file where you can change the password and user name so you only have to type  --config-file=conf.conf
to start type
darkpoold.exe  --config-file=conf.conf server
wait for blocks to catch up
open new terminal and go to darkpoold folder
 type
darkpoold.exe  --config-file=conf.conf help
for list of commands
eg  darkpoold.exe  --config-file=conf.conf market --get-asset=BLUR
enjoy

if you want to stake and have darkpoold running, you should copy the crave folder to another location on your computer with the cave.conf file. you will need to start it from cmd with path/to/craveqt.exe --datadir=d:\other\cravefolder --conf=ifwanttospecifycrave.conf --listen=0
legendary
Kaspa

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
Quick question: If I or someone were to port the counterparty bootle interface for darkpoold, would anyone use it? To elaborate, it would be a web interface to darkpoold so the cli would be 'bypassed'.

if it makes darkpoold easier to use and as long as its safe and icm certified at the end, defo
Pages:
Jump to: