Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CrowdMachine - The Worlds Most Advanced Distributed Computer - page 4. (Read 26538 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
Though it is slower process of recovery after that big incident which effected project badly. CMCT is all the way up gradually and good thing is that these bad actors have been caught already. There is lot to learn from this incident over security and safety of funds for crowdfunding team as well as for others to take extra safety measures in future to avoid such things.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
2 men arrested in Oklahoma, suspected in $14 million cryptocurrency theft, hacking of California company (Crowd Machine)

According to a search warrant filed in Oklahoma County, Crowd Machine reported the hack and theft to a California computer crimes task force on September 22. It’s believed, according to court documents, that the hack was accomplished through a SIM swap, which allows hackers to steal a person’s mobile phone number and identity.

In a post on its website earlier this week, Crowd Machine said access to its cryptowallet was compromised and Crowd Machine Compute Tokens (CMCTs) were stolen. Crowd Machine said most exchanges had suspended trading in the currency and recommended no one purchase the tokens until the investigation was closed, and that exchanges would eventually re-open.

The CEO (Sproule) wrote on his company’s website earlier this week that purchases of stolen tokens by those not involved with the theft will be honored.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

Will other market resume trading on 1st October? Happened to look at orders at hitbtc. Not so much coin in the books. Dev team and ICO investor can easily bring the market to previous level leaving no room for arbitration. I am hoping for this coin to recover.
Activity: 203
Im wrong about CMCT. All along I thought the "hack" was an inside job as an exit out of the falling crypto market.

Now that the perpetrators are caught and most likely their crypto assets seized, the market can be cleared of the stolen Cmct tokens. I see trading should be activated any time after that. To gain back market confidence Hitbtc price should be on the same level of bittrex and other frozen exchanges. That would avoid big swings and volatility.

And please learn how to protect your tokens. Get a hardware wallet.
Good luck.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 250
good jobs team very quickly respon and good news today, make price at market pump again, people interesting to buy CMCT. hope price can go up
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
A tweet from KFOR reporter.

https://twitter.com/billmiston/status/1045825690963251200

Two men arrested in Oklahoma City this week are suspected of hacking and stealing $14 million in cryptocurrency from California-based company Crowd Machine.
Activity: 490
apparently no one wants to sell cheaper on hitbtc, today 2 tokens will be delisted on bittrex, if bittrex is also delisted cmct, I'm sure the price will go down again.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012
Hello! When will there be an announcement about swapping, I bought CMCT on the eve of hacking? Cry

https://medium.com/crowd-machine/cmct-theft-exchanges-update-by-crowd-machine-ceo-864ec67102a8
https://t.me/crowdmachine

For quicker response you should join the telegram channel or follow them on other social media platforms. That was the last update dev post on Medium. You have wait for this announcement still no update on that issue who bought after this hack event.
Hello! When will there be an announcement about swapping, I bought CMCT on the eve of hacking? Cry
Activity: 1148
Hello admin, did thief sell all token CMCT now or sell a part of part? Price hard to up. What are you plan dev to make investor cooling down?
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
I don't know. That stolen CMCT is a Damocles' sword hanging over us. Until they can freeze or recover the stolen tokens by police action, there's only little hope.

Dear Crowdmachine devs,

Blacklist the thief's address! And then do a token swap for the rest of us. It's just an ETH token after all.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005
CMCT market is on the recovery process since the incident was too much which effected market and panicked sellers also played their role in the falling market which accelerated the process. That update on team's stance after this incident shows they stay strong and are committed to carry on the project. It needs little time but will recover in time.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1003
Even though CMCT price drop. Still community is still there believing on the project of Crowd Machine. It will just take a pump to 200 sats and everybody will calm down. Just as they say the good ole pump cure to FUD.

Potentially it could reach to more higher level but crypto is only for long term investors who is looking to make profit in short term than it will make disappoint you. This project has active team and they are moving forward to achieve their milestone.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Even though CMCT price drop. Still community is still there believing on the project of Crowd Machine. It will just take a pump to 200 sats and everybody will calm down. Just as they say the good ole pump cure to FUD.
Activity: 546
Merit: 128
Crowd Machine responds to CMCT price drop

Crowd Machine are currently responding to an incident where access to his cryptowallet was compromised and there was a theft of Crowd Machine Compute Tokens (CMCTs).

https://medium.com/crowd-machine/crowd-machine-responds-to-cmct-price-drop-f0569c0599fb
Oh my, I have CMCT coin on my wallet? How will it be resolve devs? What will happen to our investment on crowd machine?
You only need to hold and be patient, I still have some buy orders on Bittrex that cannot be canceled, and that is above the current price, I am afraid that after the trade will be activated when I sleep the people will go dump.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
Oh my, I have CMCT coin on my wallet? How will it be resolve devs? What will happen to our investment on crowd machine?
Activity: 203
https://twitter.com/ATLienZ404/status/1043656736018780160

51 million $CMCT which is 10% of the supply for half a btc, fat fingers of death someone came up and someone got rekt

Shocked Shocked

Wahaha.

This shitcoin is done.
from reddit:

From the telegram chat:

Dear Community. Access to our cryptowallet was compromised and there was a theft of CMCTs. The wallet address of the thief is 0x290d615eE921706ec8cCB2593F09B2D2e0F8B67c. Please take care not to deal with them. This matter is currently under criminal investigation and we therefore cannot comment further on it. Be assured that ownership of CMCTs by current owners remains secure.

I ain't touching this shit.
 Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 1050
Merit: 604
https://twitter.com/ATLienZ404/status/1043656736018780160

51 million $CMCT which is 10% of the supply for half a btc, fat fingers of death someone came up and someone got rekt

Shocked Shocked
Pages:
Jump to: