Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 625. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
The only drawback to it right now is that it runs 10x better on ati hardware.
And 10x more OpenCL developers Smiley , some of which seem to have a full-time to make miners Cheesy
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
with your hashing power, they are other coins which are more profitable... (exe for example... which beat all the coins you have on that list)
I'll add exe to my calculations and see how it stacks based on what I can actually squeeze out of it. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

Edit: Hmm. EXE doesn't look profitable to me at this point in time.

This probably shouldn't show XSV at the top. It shows last trade which isn't useful when someone gets filled way out of the normal range. I base my calculations off the best buy order sitting at the exchange and not the last trade. For XSV the discrepancy is an exchange rate of 0.00078481 vs 0.00034.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
hey, any plans on making cudaminer x11 algorithm compatible? I've started mining Clear Water Coin today and there are talks of switching to x11 from scrypt, and most my rigs are running on cudaminer atm.. I never even heard of x11 until today.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
with your hashing power, they are other coins which are more profitable... (exe for example... which beat all the coins you have on that list)

I've gone back to exe.  Hoping it decides to do a VTC impersonation
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
In your calculations your solo mining. Are you actually solo mining or pool mining?
That is just a theoretical amount of time it would take per block if I were to solo mine. I usually pool mine, but sometimes I solo mine if the solo time is exceptionally low. For example fugue had a 15min solo mine time yesterday.

@Christian:
HVC Difficulty growing. Youre still mining it too?
Whats the next Project?

I turned off my rigs a day ago.  Next project is top secret Wink

Found out all my 10 risers are missing a part, so I cannot yet start putting the rigs into their wooden cases.
Meh. But the ebay seller will send me the missing x1 pieces (those that plug into the PC mainboard).

I dont like to turn it off now.
Do you think jumping back to groestl is better?
Thanks for both your work. You should stay on Heavy instead of Groestl. Nothing looking attractive at the moment. Nothing breaking the 0.02BTC daily intake benchmark.

I ran my calculations report on the coins and here are the results.

How are you pulling those numbers? With 8 750Ti's?
Forgot to mention. Yes, 8x 750Ti's.
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
@Christian:
Whats the next Project?

Found out all my 10 risers are missing a part, so I cannot yet start putting the rigs into their wooden cases.
Meh. But the ebay seller will send me the missing x1 pieces (those that plug into the PC mainboard).

Thanks for both your work. You should stay on Heavy instead of Groestl. Nothing looking attractive at the moment. Nothing breaking the 0.02BTC daily intake benchmark.

How are you pulling those numbers? With 8 750Ti's?
Activity: 350
In your calculations your solo mining. Are you actually solo mining or pool mining?
@Christian:
Whats the next Project?

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Always keeping us on our toes...hey Christian, I gots a primecoin gpu miner dawg :p
Activity: 112
@Christian:
Whats the next Project?

@Christian:
Whats the next Project?

Tease
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
@Christian:
Whats the next Project?

Activity: 112
@Christian:
Whats the next Project?
Yup, no algo is asic proof but economics get in the way of said developments.

Christian, for the nth time, you rock man. Cool
Activity: 83
Making asics for SHA2 and 3 algos is easy, doesn't make sense. The ONLY way to go is variable N factor scrypt/scrypt-chacha. PERIOD
That's if you want asic proof, and lazy-ass miner proof coins.

My thoughts exactly.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Making asics for SHA2 and 3 algos is easy, doesn't make sense. The ONLY way to go is variable N factor scrypt/scrypt-chacha. PERIOD

for the eleven algos of X11 you will need a lot of chip area, reducing the amount of hashing power you can get out of one chip. But still, such ASICs are very much possible.

The algo just needs to have a market share that is significant enough (i.e. 10% or more of the volume/market cap of the BTC market) before companies will start looking into this.

Christian

Prob not..  too close to april 1.    but i wouldn't be mad..

It's not news nor a joke really. It's just someone trying something particularly futile.
ASICs will secure the network. Sucks for GPU miners, but that's just the way a coin matures.
That particular poster couldn't handle that truth, so he's attempting to get people to switch to his Litecoin fork.

Except no exchange nor pool will consider using his fork, so it's just wasted effort on his part.

What I don't get, is why everybody is looking at X11 like it is some sort of new grail or whatever...

Holy grail, no.  But x11 is low power draw, runs cool and cards aren't overly picky about settings for it.   The only drawback to it right now is that it runs 10x better on ati hardware.
so are the algo for Fugue, groestl, heavycoin, quark, qubit, skein ... 

And i wouldn't complain if LTC switched to any of those, either...
Jump to: