Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 634. (Read 3426922 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Temporarily I created an app to auto-close any ccminer*.exe dialog window pop-ups, then the batchfile continues to auto-restarts the mining.

Last night it crashes twice for about 5hrs difference.

But too bad I can't do anything about the GPU idles (SICK?).

When a card goes idle or errors out for me usually just restarting the miner will not bring the card back up to full speed (usually just 10Khash/s or something like that).

You can reset the cards from the command line (using the DevCon [Developers Console] command available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272) by disabling and enabling them again without restarting windows and it seems to always fix the problem for me.

first run 'DevCon find *' to list out all your hardware, and then find a unique part of the card ID to add to the command.

In my case '*dev_1380' identifies all my MSI 750 ti cards at once.

Quick and easy to add to your .bat loop.

devcon disable *dev_1380
devcon enable *dev_1380

Hope that helps!
Sound interesting.
Does it work with windows 8 ?

Have not tried it... I am on Win7 x64 for my mining rig, but I don't see why it wouldn't unless it is some obscure change. It is just a download .exe though you throw in your windows32 folder and run, so not hard at all for anyone to try it out.
There so many things on my computer, so if I can know if it runs before downloading it, it is always better.
And actually, it does not work.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform
Temporarily I created an app to auto-close any ccminer*.exe dialog window pop-ups, then the batchfile continues to auto-restarts the mining.

When a card goes idle or errors out for me usually just restarting the miner will not bring the card back up to full speed (usually just 10Khash/s or something like that).

You can reset the cards from the command line (using the DevCon [Developers Console] command available at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311272) by disabling and enabling them again without restarting windows and it seems to always fix the problem for me.

first run 'DevCon find *' to list out all your hardware, and then find a unique part of the card ID to add to the command.

devcon disable *dev_1380
devcon enable *dev_1380

Hope that helps!
Sound interesting.

Have not tried it... I am on Win7 x64 for my mining rig, but I don't see why it wouldn't unless it is some obscure change. It is just a download .exe though you throw in your windows32 folder and run, so not hard at all for anyone to try it out.
legendary

devcon disable *dev_1380
devcon enable *dev_1380

Hope that helps!
Sound interesting.
legendary
Activity: 238
Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform

devcon disable *dev_1380
devcon enable *dev_1380

Hope that helps!
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Christian
Is there a logic explanation for the fenomena.
When using risers i have 6 cards. If i open one ccminer or cudaminer for all cards , for example heavycoin, i get 55mhs for all, if i open 3 instances - one for gpu 0.1 , one for gpu 2.3 and one for 4.5 gpus. Then i get 22.5mhs each , which makes 67mhs which is 10mhs more than one ccminer for all , and if i open 2 instances for each card (when i was using 3 card on my i7 machine) i get  the same or even better results than the gpu that is directly on the pci-e x16 slot. Is there a way to achive this performance , but using only one instance of ccminer or cudaminer? Thank you in advance.

ccminer uses the thrust library for heavycoin, and thrust has some overhead. It performs memory allocations at run time, and during that time the GPU can't mine. By running two instances you would drive up the GPU utilization from e.g. 80% to 95%, getting higher throughput.

you could to the same passing the -d 0,0 flag to ccminer, however there is currently a problem where both of these GPU threads operate in the same CUDA context, step on each other's toes and hence produce invalid shares. a CCMiner v0.6 might fix that.

Christian
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I know this may sound stupid, but is there a way to know which card is which for the -d command?
Is it as simple as following down the slots from top to bottom?

For example my 780 at the moment is in the second slot of my motherboard. When my 750's come tomorrow, one will be plugged into the x1 slot which is above the main gpu. So would the 750 be device 0 and the 780 be device 1? Or is the display card device 0?

Sounds a very stupid question i know. But i thought i better ask today before my parts come tomorrow

Also i have made a quick base for my risers and put 2 old cards in for now

pic

Theres a 20mm gap between the end of one card and the pcb of the other. So the gap is larger then a pci slot. Should be fine shouldnt it?

The mount isnt finished yet but it should be fine.
I am having the msi twin fan cards so they should suck im plenty of air
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Christian
Is there a logic explanation for the fenomena.
When using risers i have 6 cards. If i open one ccminer or cudaminer for all cards , for example heavycoin, i get 55mhs for all, if i open 3 instances - one for gpu 0.1 , one for gpu 2.3 and one for 4.5 gpus. Then i get 22.5mhs each , which makes 67mhs which is 10mhs more than one ccminer for all , and if i open 2 instances for each card (when i was using 3 card on my i7 machine) i get  the same or even better results than the gpu that is directly on the pci-e x16 slot. Is there a way to achive this performance , but using only one instance of ccminer or cudaminer? Thank you in advance.
legendary
Does anyone have a usable batch file for gtx 780 classy mining memory coin? Just can't get mine to work...
There are 500+ pages of good advice... unless you are more precise in what you intend to do, we can't help you...
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Does anyone have a usable batch file for gtx 780 classy mining memory coin? Just can't get mine to work...
Unplug the usb cables and back in , then the pci-e plugs the same way and will be ok.

Just unplug the gpus and plug them back in???

Thinking of exchanging the board if it keeps doing this...if the second one does the same thing I might switch to a different one, though selection is limited.

Do you guys know if the Maximus VI Hero can run 6 gpus?
May be i missunderstood you , i ment the risers cable , but if you are not using risers , what mobo are you using for 6 cards? Shocked
legendary
Unplug the usb cables and back in , then the pci-e plugs the same way and will be ok.

Thinking of exchanging the board if it keeps doing this...if the second one does the same thing I might switch to a different one, though selection is limited.

may-be 6 is a bit too much for the OS ?
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

I don't know... the Heisenberg is already dead (may-be better to wait for the JessieCoin or a SaulCoin)

better mine Saul, lol...

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Started getting this on a 6 750 ti rig:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

All 6 of them show up with an exclamation mark next to the device in device manager. Using win 7 64, and 6 usb risers, zotac reference cards without 6 pin. Used to be working just fine a day ago.

Any clues?
legendary
a new Scrypt-Jane coin launching tonight: NITcoin! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annnitnitcoin-new-asic-resistant-cryptocurrency-scrypt-jane-522329
for those wanting to mine METH (Keccak algo): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cryptometh-meth-sha-3-keccak-news-and-update-500175

www.cryptolaunch.net will keep you updated on upcoming launches ;-)

Keep me posted on launches with new algos. This is where the C+C hash factory can play out their rapid CUDA programming card. Wink

Christian

Meth coin seems good, NITCoin seems dead already (It's already launched according to their date, but the forum is not updated)
I don't know... the Heisenberg is already dead (may-be better to wait for the JessieCoin or a SaulCoin)
Graphene seems to do well even after the 3hours instamine/orphans launch... solo mining still gets several blocks/hours at the moment

another calendar with integrated countdown (usually wrong): http://www.altcoincalendar.info/calendar
Activity: 182
a new Scrypt-Jane coin launching tonight: NITcoin! https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annnitnitcoin-new-asic-resistant-cryptocurrency-scrypt-jane-522329
for those wanting to mine METH (Keccak algo): https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cryptometh-meth-sha-3-keccak-news-and-update-500175

www.cryptolaunch.net will keep you updated on upcoming launches ;-)

Keep me posted on launches with new algos. This is where the C+C hash factory can play out their rapid CUDA programming card. Wink

Christian

Meth coin seems good, NITCoin seems dead already (It's already launched according to their date, but the forum is not updated)
Activity: 146
The Bitcoin payment option from humble bundle is back up again.  Cheesy
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Using ccminer35 I keep getting "ccminer35.exe error please close program"
It has happened about 5 times now and always on the same miner. One of my 750ti's.
Running Windows 7 64bit.
On my PALIT overclock +135 core + 300 mem ccminer 0.5 its ok .
On my MSI overclock +175 core + 550 mem ccminer 0.5 after 6 hours CRASH .
Now try +150 core + 500 mem on MSI .

If you only have problems with one of your cards, you can compare the clocks of all cards with gpu-z.
Maybe the bios has some other default settings and you must lower the clocks for this one card.
In my case i have 4 gigabyte and 2 zotac cards. I edited the bios of the zotac to the gigabyte settings because
i didnt like to use different overclock settings for every card in the afterburner.

ERROR-POPUP-SOLUTION:

That's happened to me as well across my 9x nvidia 750 rigs.  Completely random across different mobo/cpu/riser combos.  I cannot reproduce it.  The older versions of ccminer didnt have this issue.  
I've also been getting this all day and had to knock down my overclock a ton on my x6 rig to get it stable.  At least I think it is, it has been up for 4-5hrs now without crashing which is a lot longer than before.  
this happened to one of my rigs 3 times. i put back to stock clocks and now it seems to be stable. and i didnt lose much hash at all.
indeed... i have canceled the OC and the error did not happened again in past 8hrs.
seem like the new version is stressing GPU in higher level so you need more stable OC.

Maybe your cards or one of your cards is overclocked a bit too much and not 100% stable (see bios comments at the top of this post).
To restart the miner reliable you can import this registry key and youll not get these popups anymore.
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting]
"DontShowUI"=dword:00000001

A second way ist to use the free and easy to use autoit tool to create a (and one click compile to exe) application that will close the popup:
http://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/downloads/
Code:
Local $popHandle = 0
while True
   $popHandle = WinWait("ENTER TITLE OF ERRORPOPUP HERE")         ;check if the popup exists
   if Not ($popHandle = 0) Then
      WinActivate ("ENTER TITLE OF ERRORPOPUP HERE")          ;activate the popup
      sleep(20)                           ;just a slight delay to allow for slow computers
      Send("{Enter}")                        ;close it
   EndIf
WEnd

If you use a bat together with one of this solutions, you can restart the Miner automatically like this. The popup will not stop it anymore.

mining.bat
Code:
:start
ccminer35.exe -d 0,1,2,3,4,5 -q -a heavy -v 512 -o stratum+tcp://pool1.heavycoin.zhpool.com:40001 -u worker.1 -p yourpassword --retries 2 --retry-pause=10
ccminer35.exe -d 0,1,2,3,4,5 -q -a heavy -v 512 -o stratum+tcp://pool3.heavycoin.zhpool.com:40001 -u worker.1 -p yourpassword --retries 2 --retry-pause=10
ccminer35.exe -d 0,1,2,3,4,5 -q -a heavy -v 512 -o stratum+tcp://pool4.heavycoin.zhpool.com:40001 -u worker.1 -p yourpassword --retries 2 --retry-pause=10
ccminer35.exe -d 0,1,2,3,4,5 -q -a heavy -v 512 -o stratum+tcp://pool2.heavycoin.zhpool.com:40001 -u worker.1 -p yourpassword --retries 2 --retry-pause=10
goto start

Please donate some coins if youre not loosing mining time anymore:
Groestl: FVcUTnCqxWb28u45bTHNpea1bvz2MrEhsL
Heavycoin: HJDxy3USbkDsnxJTjTMR4Q9gPvrzNRZZ7G

Thanks.
Christian
Jump to: