Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 639. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
I'm getting in on this page 500 business.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
How much does gtx 670 or 680 do with new version? Ty

660ti does about 11-12mhash and i believe the 670 does roughly the same, not sure about the 680
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
How much does gtx 670 or 680 do with new version? Ty
Activity: 756
Merit: 502

the next page will be page 500....
Activity: 40
thanks jsamul and bigjme
are there any 750 with dual bios? suppose not...would be good

miau
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
yes it will work... but only once cudaminer has been translated to opencl (assuming it really work at all...)
I´m sorry, i have no idea what exactly this does, but I´ve been using it in my bat just to be sure.
They are used by cgminer
legendary
After a couple of weeks of happy vertcoin mining with 5x EVGA 750ti's, I can't get anywhere now.  When Cudaminer first started crashing, I found it worked fine when I removed the two cards on powered risers. So then I mined with three cards for a few days. But now it just crashes on startup... black or orange screen, even a green screen once.  This happens with one, two, or three cards in the 16x slots.  I've switched them around, no luck.  I've reinstalled drivers, no luck. Stopped overclocking, no luck.

Win7 64 bit, Sempron processor.  Any suggestions?

Mobo is new, no apparent damage.  Power supply is new, only drawing about 60% of its capacity when everything is hashing.  I don't think either of these are the problem.

Helps?
quite frankly, scrypt-n is really bad for all cards (amd, nvidia alike). I don't understand why they want all to release coin with that...
Try to use somewhat less optimal settings for the config of the cards (meaning here setting which uses less memory)
Activity: 19
yes it will work... but only once cudaminer has been translated to opencl (assuming it really work at all...)
I´m sorry, i have no idea what exactly this does, but I´ve been using it in my bat just to be sure.
legendary
I seem to be getting better results out of the cmd window I have selected by about 1mh per card.  I've split 2 750ti per .bat file and I get roughly 22.5 mh out of the non-active window and about 24.5 mh out of the active window.  If I select the other one, the performance flip flops.

This is on win 8.1 x64

Huh (what does mean "non active"/"active" windows) ?

which ever window i have selected would be the 'active' window.  I've got 3 total running but only one can be the actively selected window.  In total i've got 4 750 tis and a 660 gtx, so i'm running 2 instances of ccminer35 and one of ccminer30.  

I can combine them all and I get roughly 55mh but I left that on over night and I crashed at some point in the middle of the night so I decided to split them up this morning.

Try adding this to your bat file:
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
(your start command)

Maybe it fixes the problem.
After a couple of weeks of happy vertcoin mining with 5x EVGA 750ti's, I can't get anywhere now.  When Cudaminer first started crashing, I found it worked fine when I removed the two cards on powered risers. So then I mined with three cards for a few days. But now it just crashes on startup... with one, two, or three cards in the 16x slots.  I've switched them around, no luck.  I've reinstalled drivers, no luck. Stopped overclocking, no luck.

Mobo is new, no apparent damage.  Power supply is new, only drawing about 60% of its capacity when everything is hashing.  I don't think either of these are the problem.

Helps?

Does this only happen when you use cudaminer?
Try running a game or a benchmark.
Does the driver crash together with cudaminer?

Have you tried explicitly removing the driver and installing it fresh?
sometimes that can make a difference, especially with amd cards.
Activity: 392
After a couple of weeks of happy vertcoin mining with 5x EVGA 750ti's, I can't get anywhere now.  When Cudaminer first started crashing, I found it worked fine when I removed the two cards on powered risers. So then I mined with three cards for a few days. But now it just crashes on startup... black or orange screen, even a green screen once.  This happens with one, two, or three cards in the 16x slots.  I've switched them around, no luck.  I've reinstalled drivers, no luck. Stopped overclocking, no luck.

Helps?
I seem to be getting better results out of the cmd window I have selected by about 1mh per card.  I've split 2 750ti per .bat file and I get roughly 22.5 mh out of the non-active window and about 24.5 mh out of the active window.  If I select the other one, the performance flip flops.

This is on win 8.1 x64

Huh (what does mean "non active"/"active" windows) ?

which ever window i have selected would be the 'active' window.  I've got 3 total running but only one can be the actively selected window.  In total i've got 4 750 tis and a 660 gtx, so i'm running 2 instances of ccminer35 and one of ccminer30.  

I can combine them all and I get roughly 55mh but I left that on over night and I crashed at some point in the middle of the night so I decided to split them up this morning.

Try adding this to your bat file:
Code:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
(your start command)

Maybe it fixes the problem.
Activity: 238
Medichain: The Medical Big-Data Platform
I would love to hear what everyone else is running and the speeds and setups they have.

I have a ASRock H81 BTC MB w 8GB RAM and a 650w platinum PSU, Haswell dual-core CPU, 120GB regular HDD.

Have 4 MSI 750 ti OC (non gamer, non TF, no power plug, single fan), with one in the 16x slot, and 3 on 1x > 16x powered ribbon risers.

With CCminer35 x86 running, and the cards OC'd +70 GPU, +120 MEM, 70% fan speed, and the TDP edited in BIOS to 65W.

Currently 42-44 Mhash/s on 1gh.com mining heavycoin

Running two CMD windows each with a config for two cards (-d 0,1 & -d 2,3), chrome opened up to the Nvidia.com homepage, and the two CMD windows minimized (save the CPU from having to redraw them constantly).

The entire system is currently pulling 229W at the wall measured on a Kill A Watt.

All 4 GPU's are are bouncing between 48-50c temps with these settings.

edit: forgot to mention running Win7 x64.

Hi would you be so kind share your CPU usage when ccminer windows are open. I have the same rig with 6x 750ti and when I open 2 CMD I get 80-90% CPU usage. CPU is celeron G1820 dual core.

All the CPU usage for me is coming from the voltage regulator, so I shut down all the processes running the OC program monitors (EVGA Precision X or MSI Afterburner) and my CPU usage went down to 25-29%.

It was 100% with the OC programs running though for me as well.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Activity: 125
Does HVC mining needs a powerful CPU?

The wallet sure does, constant pull on the cpu.

you need to disable the wallet's CPU miner...

It is disabled, still 25% pull.  I should have mentioned that in my first post.  =)

Plus when it sync'd the block chain I kept getting "Mined" notifications for wallet address other than mine.  Strange.  My confidence level for this wallet is low.

EDIT:  gen=0 in config file didn't work, had to go to the wallet's options.  Why is this stuff not turned off by default, oih.
Activity: 300
folowing the developement here Im looking into buying some 750 cards but Im not sure should I go for 750ti or NON ti, also is there any brand that performs better or one to avoid?

please give me your input cuda miners Smiley

thanks

depends how good and willing you are in editing the VGA BIOS.
you can push nonTI cards pretty well if you edit the bios, but you mostly loose the warranty.

i am not a fan of bios editing so i have got the more expensive EVGA GTX 750 TI FTW cards which are pretty much OCed from vendor so you just plug them in and mine.
they also have the 6pin power connector so they are pretty stable on 24/7.
strange thing with these cards is that based on official materials they should have 1268MHz Boost Clock, but i see them running at 1330-1345MHz all the time, but it can be some wrong reading, idk.
Jump to: