Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 684. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 288
Merit: 250
It was fun to hold 50% of the fuguecoin network's hash rate with a small pool of nVidia cards.  But fun seldom lasts forever Wink

Haha! Many coins then Christian?
I got 400 with my measly CPU, but granted I was *there* at difficulty ~0 (meaning, launch time)

around 40000 ?

Christian

Jesus. And here I am happy with finding 7 blocks.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
It was fun to hold 50% of the fuguecoin network's hash rate with a small pool of nVidia cards.  But fun seldom lasts forever Wink

Haha! Many coins then Christian?
I got 400 with my measly CPU, but granted I was *there* at difficulty ~0 (meaning, launch time)

around 40000 ?

Christian
Activity: 350
if i'm honest i don't mind any premine as long as the admin does not dump and screw the coin over. i have no intention of sitting on a coin till it gets to being totally mined, do you? ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
50% BTL **cough cough**
Grin not anymore, we have aphroditecoin (cyprus), spaincoin, ukraincoin and certainly some others
Activity: 350
legendary
Activity: 434
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
legendary
legendary
I was referring to Cudaminer blowing away AMD and CPU mining and the few taking the majority of the profits, if only for a short time.  Roll Eyes
so that's not the case, since the amd software is already released
Activity: 182
HeavyCoin is raped by AMD.
Christian doesn't seem interested in a 2% or WHATEVER mining "bounty" on Cudaminer, it's an open-source hobby driven by donations.
Hmm what else? Oh yeah, BTC dropping like a rock, yay.
Activity: 168
I was referring to Cudaminer blowing away AMD and CPU mining and the few taking the majority of the profits, if only for a short time.  Roll Eyes
legendary
Last week? There wasn't a cudaminer that could mine it last week :/
sorry I thought you were speaking in terms of profitability

Was it profitable on CPU's last week?
not on mine for sure  Cheesy
Frankly, I would call it the next qubit not the next maxcoin

Was it profitable on CPU's last week?
legendary
legendary
HeavyCoin is the next Maxcoin?  Shocked
legendary
I'm using this for my bat for my gtx760.

Code:
:start
cudaminer.exe  -o STRATUM -O LOGIN -H 1 -i 0 -C 1 -l K6x32 --time-limit 3600
goto start

It kills the cudaminer process after an hour, and restarts the loop. I was getting many different errors with some stratums after 2 hours or so, no problems ever since I've been using this loop.

Thanks Bombadil. I will try your script with "nvidia-smi >> log" to record how the card has been working.

It turns out not to be a good idea for this case because when the miner is restarted it has a good chance (like 2 in 3 times) to have the error right in the start. So auto-restarting it every hour when the miner still runs fine means getting into trouble in 2/3 certainty every hour.

I wonder if putting in a delay before re-launching might help. It may be that the restart being so fast causes things to "get stuck" in memory, causing errant data to be introduced into the new instance. It may also cause havoc with the clocks.

I am thinking that , too, mainly because it would allow the card to cool down before restarting. This problem came with the 12-18 version which made the card very hot (88C, 45% fan load)
why do you stay at 45% fan speed ?
Activity: 516
Merit: 500
CAT.EX Exchange
I'm using this for my bat for my gtx760.

Code:
:start
cudaminer.exe  -o STRATUM -O LOGIN -H 1 -i 0 -C 1 -l K6x32 --time-limit 3600
goto start

It kills the cudaminer process after an hour, and restarts the loop. I was getting many different errors with some stratums after 2 hours or so, no problems ever since I've been using this loop.

Thanks Bombadil. I will try your script with "nvidia-smi >> log" to record how the card has been working.

It turns out not to be a good idea for this case because when the miner is restarted it has a good chance (like 2 in 3 times) to have the error right in the start. So auto-restarting it every hour when the miner still runs fine means getting into trouble in 2/3 certainty every hour.

I wonder if putting in a delay before re-launching might help. It may be that the restart being so fast causes things to "get stuck" in memory, causing errant data to be introduced into the new instance. It may also cause havoc with the clocks.

I am thinking that , too, mainly because it would allow the card to cool down before restarting. This problem came with the 12-18 version which made the card very hot (88C, 45% fan load)
Jump to: