Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 7. (Read 3426872 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I might be interested in buying one (or more) L3 Miners, but where should I buy them? Aliexpress starts at 2100 USD while eastshore.xyz offerst them for ~1900 USD (incl. shipping to Europe), but I do not know if they are legit.
Activity: 372
Merit: 250
The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom
Can anyone tell me if a hashrate of 310H/s is about right for a GTX1070 mining XMR?

You should be closer to 700

An overclocked 750 ti will do around 300

I have a Gigabyte gtx1070 G1 Gaming and the best I have been able to do is around 500h/s in cryptonight (xmr).

I have seen various quotes in forums here and elsewhere of people saying this card can do 700+ and sp_ claims much higher from one of his "donation" miners - where you donate 0.05BTC which is about $60 as I write this. That would be fine I guess if you had a rig or farm of 1070s but I have only 1 (which is in a gaming PC - my mining rigs are mostly AMD R9 290s). I like to add the 1070 to my miners when I'm not using the PC and I would LOVE to get 700h/s or better out of it.

So which version of ccminer are people using to get 700h/s cryptonight out of a 1070? Please point to to where I can get it!

The version I have been using to get 500h/s was the one I found packaged in the Nicehash Miner /bin folder which is just called ccminer_cryptonight.exe - so I don't know where it came from originally.

Does anyone know where there is a github repository of a ccminer specifically forked for cryptonight?
Activity: 479
Merit: 100
i have 780gtx can you plz tell me the best bat file config.  thanks
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
Can anyone tell me if a hashrate of 310H/s is about right for a GTX1070 mining XMR?

You should be closer to 700

An overclocked 750 ti will do around 300
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.
Has anybody played around with getting the OpenCL implementation on Mali-T600 (or newer) or Tegra GPUs working with ccminer? [This is off-topic, but same question with regard to cgminer.] I'm getting a couple SBCs, soon, with Mali chips and I'm interested to know if I can do this without, or with minimal, code modification.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
no matter what i did i couldn't get it to detect my cards.

when i switched to version 1.2 i had no problems, but it gave me crazy numbers on the kh/s

is there any way that i could test it with an x11 algo and find the actual has rate for the cards?

thanks.

I just realized you have older cards, you need to figure out if your cards are Fermi, Kepler, or Max. There may be different flavors needed to get them to work or a command switch.
Activity: 468
no matter what i did i couldn't get it to detect my cards.

when i switched to version 1.2 i had no problems, but it gave me crazy numbers on the kh/s

is there any way that i could test it with an x11 algo and find the actual has rate for the cards?

thanks.
legendary
hello everyone, and happy new year Smiley

first time mining with gpus, but i've had good luck with cpus though.

i have some video card on order but i have 2 older ones here that i want to practice on while i'm waiting for those to come in.

1. Nvidia Geforce 8400GS
2. Nvidia Geforce 9400GT

I looked through the thread with the search feature but i didn't find anything useful except that they both should work, albeit not very well.

all of the latest drivers are installed and working.

I want to play with the switches but i can't seem to get ccminer to recognize either card.

here is my batch file settings:

ccminer -a x11 -o stratum+tcp://hobbyistpool.ddns.net:4350 -u xxxxxxx.xxxxxx -p xxxxxxxxx

pause

any help would be appreciated. thanks. Smiley

Looks like you are missing some of the command switches. You need a -d 0 or how many cards you have. might be others but those may also auto detect I forget...
Activity: 468
hello everyone, and happy new year Smiley

first time mining with gpus, but i've had good luck with cpus though.

i have some video card on order but i have 2 older ones here that i want to practice on while i'm waiting for those to come in.

1. Nvidia Geforce 8400GS
2. Nvidia Geforce 9400GT

I looked through the thread with the search feature but i didn't find anything useful except that they both should work, albeit not very well.

all of the latest drivers are installed and working.

I want to play with the switches but i can't seem to get ccminer to recognize either card.

here is my batch file settings:

ccminer -a x11 -o stratum+tcp://hobbyistpool.ddns.net:4350 -u xxxxxxx.xxxxxx -p xxxxxxxxx

pause

any help would be appreciated. thanks. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004
Uploaded a quick Guide for running Nvidia cards on Linux with overclocking and fan control enabled:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.17162018
legendary
I wanted to find out if it would be possible to take CUDAMiner and all of its optimizations and implement it inside the Burstcoin Plotter. I have a 780GTX and only get about 15K Nonces per minute, I don't think it is being pushed to the maximum.

Would the original Developer implement this by chance?
Or is there someone else who could make this happen?

There is also a GPU assist in Plot reading while mining that would be helpful too. It seems like the JMiner for Burst has issues with CUDA.

Thanks in advance!
legendary
do i need to install CUDA toolkit to use opencl applications? like claymores miner or zcash one.. ?
ccminer works fine.. but other miners dont, and exit with opencl errors.

Yeah you have to install the Toolkit for CUDA on OpenCL for sure.
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
do i need to install CUDA toolkit to use opencl applications? like claymores miner or zcash one.. ?
ccminer works fine.. but other miners dont, and exit with opencl errors.
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
sorry i cant download the file................... how can i?
legendary
Activity: 3122
Can someone please help compile this miner please
https://github.com/ocminer/ccminer-veltor

I tried as per the instructions from the OP and failed with both MS Visual Studio 2013 and 2015.
Cheers

MS Visual Studio 2010  I think and you may need a few extra things along with that....not sure its been a while.
I think a curl file too
..I forget...sorry.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about Cudaminer.
Here try this thread  ccminer

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ccminersp-mod-modded-nvidia-maxwell-pascal-kernels-826901
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1114
Hey does anyone knows what is this error and how to fix it? I would appreciate some help guys, thanks:

Rafaels-iMac:CudaMiner-master rafaelreyes$ make
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in compat
Making all in jansson
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc -O3 -Xptxas "-abi=no -v" -arch=compute_10 --maxrregcount=64 --ptxas-options=-v -I./compat/jansson -o wrapnvml.o -c wrapnvml.cu
nvcc fatal   : Value 'compute_10' is not defined for option 'gpu-architecture'
make[2]: *** [wrapnvml.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

You provided a little more info than the previous poster. 'compute_10', ie 1.0, is ancient and probably not been supported for
years. If the code is that old it's probably useless because it likely won't compile in a current environment or impossible to
create an old compile environment, and even if you could compile for compute 1.0 it probably wouldn't run on current hardware.

Why are you, or anyone, trying to compile something so old?

When you ask for help you can help yourself by providing relevant information such as the fact you are using a Mac plus
a lot more details I won't list. You are more likely to get a response, or better response, if it isn't necessary to ask for
more info. Had 'compute_10' not been so obvious I would have ignored your post as I did the previous one.
Activity: 868
Merit: 279
Hey does anyone knows what is this error and how to fix it? I would appreciate some help guys, thanks:

Rafaels-iMac:CudaMiner-master rafaelreyes$ make
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/make  all-recursive
Making all in compat
Making all in jansson
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
/usr/local/cuda/bin/nvcc -O3 -Xptxas "-abi=no -v" -arch=compute_10 --maxrregcount=64 --ptxas-options=-v -I./compat/jansson -o wrapnvml.o -c wrapnvml.cu
nvcc fatal   : Value 'compute_10' is not defined for option 'gpu-architecture'
make[2]: *** [wrapnvml.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
Activity: 248
Can someone please help compile this miner please
https://github.com/ocminer/ccminer-veltor

I tried as per the instructions from the OP and failed with both MS Visual Studio 2013 and 2015.
Cheers
legendary
Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020
I have been mining lbry with ccminer on 3 gtx 1070. It keeps messing up. Anything out there to restart ccminer on hang or error?

illegal memory something is one of them win 7 x 64 current drivers.

Try 32 Bit drivers

are you overclocking? It may be unstable.  I too get lockups 100% cpu usage if I achieve unstable oc.
Pages:
Jump to: