Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 703. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

What hash rates are you getting on your hardware? Just want to compare... something.  Roll Eyes

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T - CPU standalone ca 95 kHash/s on 6 threads

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T using the first 3 GPUs in the machine and 6 CPU threads: close to 800 kHash/s   (Groestl remains on CPU)

cannot get GPU use readings, as GPU-z has decided to always crash on start after the previous driver update (revision 334 drivers I think). Currently running R 335 drivers from nvidia.
phm
Activity: 378
Merit: 110
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Last three days have seen a pretty nice run for HVC

https://www.mintpal.com/market/HVC/BTC

we've accelerated 4 out of 5 hashing algos for HVC, but the last one (Groestl) is causing us a bit of trouble.
Our first port is actually slower than the CPU - at least on my system.

Running Groestl on CPU and the rest on GPU I am getting an 800% performance boost vs. running the CPU alone.
Multiple CPU threads can even share a GPU Wink

Note that overall HVC is *not* CPU-only. They really need to change their advertising, and change it quickly. Whatever they did to SHA256 to turn it into a "GPU and ASIC resistant" HEFTY1 algorithm - it didn't work as they intended.

Christian

What hash rates are you getting on your hardware? Just want to compare... something.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 69
Merit: 0
does anyone have managed to run 6 x 750Ti under debian with cudaminer? I read somewhere it's hard to run more than 4 cards under linux, but havent tested it myself yet.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16800.0

ive got a 6x 750ti rig running right now using this.  gigabyte windforce gpus on a z87-g45 mobo...  trying to get a 7th gpu to recognize.

http://s24.postimg.org/w2vn8c1p1/IMG_1088.jpg

Does your 750Ti's does have an additional power connector (6-pin pci-e power)?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Who, exactly is "we"? You and nVidia?
Anyway, excellent work! Will there be a fancy countdown timer for when you release it?

Me and another German co author (first name is also Christian). We met through Skype and there is a good synergy going on. We're developing in night shifts to get this done quickly.

We're not actually working on cudaminer here. It's a new project. There is no decision about a release strategy or date yet. It could be that we will be GPU farming solo for a week before doing a public release (provided that we achieve the necessary speed-ups for this to be worthwhile). I've got an apartment to pay off, you know Wink

Christian

as long as we get it, no one will mind ;-)
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Anyway, excellent work! Will there be a fancy countdown timer for when you release it?

Me and another German co author (first name is also Christian). We met through Skype and there is a good synergy going on. We're developing in night shifts to get this done quickly.

We're not actually working on cudaminer here. It's a new project. There is no decision about a release strategy or date yet. It could be that we will be GPU farming solo for a week before doing a public release (provided that we achieve the necessary speed-ups for this to be worthwhile). I've got an apartment to pay off, you know Wink

Christian

Be my guest Christian and clone. (you cloned yourself, sneaky bastard xD )
You both deserve the $$$.

Christian
Activity: 182
Merit: 100

we've accelerated 4 out of 5 hashing algos for HVC, but the last one (Groestl) is causing us a bit of trouble.

Running Groestl on CPU and the rest on GPU I am getting an 800% performance boost vs. running the CPU alone.

Note that overall HVC is *not* CPU-only. They really need to change their advertising, and change it quickly. Whatever they did to SHA256 to turn it into a "GPU and ASIC resistant" HEFTY1 algorithm - it didn't work as they intended.

Christian

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
That's excellent news Cheesy

Looking forward to the next release.  Cool

Christian
Activity: 182
Pretty nice table of next gen mobile cards:

Notice that they ALL consume less energy
Activity: 173
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
gtx 880M (for laptop) is this a maxwell or still the older generation (got an ads from msi... ) ?
Activity: 154
Sooo looking forward to the rest of the maxwell cards and maybe building a mining rig of a few! Cheesy
I_M
Activity: 135
ive got a 6x 750ti rig running right now using this.  gigabyte windforce gpus on a z87-g45 mobo...  trying to get a 7th gpu to recognize.

I took have (a couple) of z87-g65 motherboards filled up with Windforce 750 Ti's, trying to squeeze a 7th card in doesn't even post.  The screen looks and behaves like a NES cartridge with dust before the bios can even load.  Let me know if you make any progress.

i had to change the bios settings for pci-e speed to Gen2 for the three pegs, for it to post.. 
I also had to change to gen2 for cudaminer to be stable with 6 cards under win7.  Interestingly enough with 6 cards on gen3, one card would always under perform, while the other 5 would have hashrates from 350-400.  The CPU would choke on all the interrupts and everything would eventually crash -- but it was nice to see hashrates that high, even if they were exaggerated.  Now that I am stable on gen2 though, maybe I'll try that 7th card.

The best cudaminer config for this type of setup is: -i 0 -l T5x24 -m 1 -H 2 -b 4096
Activity: 137
hi all I have a asus gtx 650 ti
I have 170kh/s with this config:
-d 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 0 -m 1

what do you think? can I have more?
Activity: 19
ive got a 6x 750ti rig running right now using this.  gigabyte windforce gpus on a z87-g45 mobo...  trying to get a 7th gpu to recognize.

I took have (a couple) of z87-g65 motherboards filled up with Windforce 750 Ti's, trying to squeeze a 7th card in doesn't even post.  The screen looks and behaves like a NES cartridge with dust before the bios can even load.  Let me know if you make any progress.

i had to change the bios settings for pci-e speed to Gen2 for the three pegs, for it to post.. 
I_M
Activity: 135

I too, have (a couple) of z87-g65 motherboards filled up with Windforce 750 Ti's, trying to squeeze a 7th card in doesn't even post.  The screen looks and behaves like a NES cartridge with dust before the bios can even load.  Let me know if you make any progress.
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
wow, nice, thanks for the link!
Activity: 19
does anyone have managed to run 6 x 750Ti under debian with cudaminer? I read somewhere it's hard to run more than 4 cards under linux, but havent tested it myself yet.

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16800.0

http://s24.postimg.org/w2vn8c1p1/IMG_1088.jpg
legendary
Activity: 914
Merit: 1001
Jump to: