Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 706. (Read 3426922 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Ok this may be a little off topic but let's see if anyone else has this issue.  I'm running windows 7 x64,  and leaving it running it will run for months. If I leave cudaminer running it will run all day fine. But I leave it all night and my system hangs at random times. No bod,  no crash report. The system stays booted, but no display output, and the only way to do anything is to hold the power button down?

Everything is fully updated, anyone else got this problem?
Doesn't happen with keccak but I have noticed it a lot with script,  and scrypt-n

I'm using cudaminer 28-2-14
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
That's strange. Recon you could build a riser launch command for using riser which launches double the number of workers per gpu

If his performance using this scheme matches what he had running a single instance in an x16 slot, the likely explanation is that he's getting some double-buffering behaviour out of running two instance rather than one, so he's overlapping more of the PCIe activity with computation.  Most modern GPUs can also do bidirectional PCIe transfers concurrently, so you can overlap PCIe in, PCIe out, and CUDA kernel execution all at the same time if the code is written properly.  I haven't had a chance to dig into the guts of cudaminer yet, but it's possible there are opportunities for improved overlapping of I/O and compute in some cases.  I think however that Christian has other plans for reducing PCIe I/O by doing more of the work on the GPU thereby eliminating some of the transfers completely.
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
Yes it is , please others using risers to check it. Smiley
That's strange. Recon you could build a riser launch command for using riser which launches double the number of workers per gpu
Activity: 676
      Hey I found  a fix for my riser droping hashrate issue, just open 2 cudaminers for the same card and it will split the hashrate into two , but it will use the full potentiall of the card.
    I was using one card with riser at 2030khs and when i started a new cudaminer for the same card the hashrate is now 1150 for the both cudaminer windows so the sum is 2300 as much as i get from the nonrisered card. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
Enjoyy.... Wink
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Anyone who mines Yac? What hashrates do you get atm with 750Ti?
3.3-3.6kh/s
Activity: 644
-H 0 runs SHA256 singlethreaded on your CPU, only use for with singlecore CPU and affinity set to one core, I suppose.
-H 1 runs SHA256 multithreaded on your CPU, best option but might suck a lot of CPU cycles
-H 2 runs SHA256 on the card itself, frees your CPU from its burden so it can be used for other stuff. This however made my hashrate drop from 333khash/s to 285khash/s on my gtx760, but I'm happily mining Heavycoin next to it, so it compensates.

-C parameter is one you'd have to experiment with. It runs a cache (not sure what it caches Huh Tongue ) but it could speed up some cards. Just try out the different options and see what works best for you Wink

Cudaminer settings for scrypt:
 -H 1 -C 1 -d 0 -i 0 -m 1 -l K8x32

i get 1% cpu usage on my xeon when passing -H 2
i never pass -C, unsure why others do
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
I'm having trouble with the hashrate of my ATI if I try to mine with my nvidia at the same time. Could it be cudaminer setting related?
The setup is as follows
8gb ram
Gigabyte z68ap-d3 MB
Intel i5 3570k
1000w seasonic platinum
gigabyte 280x
Zotac gtx 680 4GB

results in 330 kh/s, not affected if the 280 is mining. On its own the 280 gives 720 kh/s, with cudaminer on around 620-650. I think I should be able to run it with full hashrate somehow?
I can provide some hardware readings too if necessary. Only thing unusual I notice with both running is the pagefile usage goes up to 8000+ compared to 6500 with just one miner on.

H and C flags are cpu hogs if you set them to 1.
legendary
Activity: 1151
Merit: 1001
Anyone who mines Yac? What hashrates do you get atm with 750Ti?
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
I'm having trouble with the hashrate of my ATI if I try to mine with my nvidia at the same time. Could it be cudaminer setting related?
The setup is as follows
8gb ram
Gigabyte z68ap-d3 MB
Intel i5 3570k
1000w seasonic platinum
gigabyte 280x
Zotac gtx 680 4GB

results in 330 kh/s, not affected if the 280 is mining. On its own the 280 gives 720 kh/s, with cudaminer on around 620-650. I think I should be able to run it with full hashrate somehow?
I can provide some hardware readings too if necessary. Only thing unusual I notice with both running is the pagefile usage goes up to 8000+ compared to 6500 with just one miner on.

Activity: 644
hi to all, i am a problem with cudaminer for Windows for mining LTC, i use a Nvidia GeForce GT 720M but should not be more than 40 Khs per minute , with -H 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 2 , any ideas?

http://s28.postimg.org/5qcobq13h/cuda.png

the 720 is pretty low end, so the rates you are seeing is what is expected.

Well, you might try playing with -H 1, which will run the SHA256 calculations multithreaded instead of singlethreaded.
-C 2 seems to have the worst effect on my GTX760, -C 1 works the best, no cache (-C 0) is in the middleground.
-i 0 might be an option, but you will experience some lag on your screen. If you plan to use your system while mining, keep using the -i 1.

My 330m from my laptop only gets to 11khash/s with optimal settings, 9.5 with -i 1, so I guess those numbers might just be right.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
hi to all, i am a problem with cudaminer for Windows for mining LTC, i use a Nvidia GeForce GT 720M but should not be more than 40 Khs per minute , with -H 0 -i 1 -l auto -C 2 , any ideas?

the 720 is pretty low end, so the rates you are seeing is what is expected.
Any settings for a GTX 780 running groestl or skein?

nothing planned in this area so far - but we will be hacking in Groestl for a different project (HeavyCoin), so there may be some synergies.
Exactly. I've managed to get 3k solo mining
Any settings for a GTX 780 running groestl or skein? are those supported for myriad?

Otherwise I'll have to mine Bitleu :p

I hope they get an exchange soon

Give it time...I think those regional currencies, if done right can go far.
Any settings for a GTX 780 running groestl or skein? are those supported for myriad?

I hope they get an exchange soon

any progres for cudamining heavycoin?

Making progress on a nightly basis (heh heh).  Remember that currently it's not cudaminer, but a separate project.

Christian

What hashrate are you expecting out of something like the 750ti?

currently we have no idea, as there's nothing running yet that includes all 5 types of hash.
Jump to: