Author

Topic: [ANN] cudaMiner & ccMiner CUDA based mining applications [Windows/Linux/MacOSX] - page 964. (Read 3426921 times)

legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.
you can log cudaminer into a file

from Linux

cudaminer 2>&1 arguments here | tee /var/log/cudaminer.log

and some other process could periodically scan cudaminer.log for updates of the share count and launch any required of script.

Christian

Yeah, I figured that much, but I'm using windows and out of 3 log reader/parsers pointed to the wallet's debug.log none of them worked so I thought I would simplify things and just start a process (batch file which sends an email) right from cudaMiner whenever a block is found.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
Code:
static void share_result(int result, const char *reason)
{
applog(LOG_INFO, "accepted: %lu/%lu (%.2f%%), %s khash/s %s",
  accepted_count,
  accepted_count + rejected_count,
  100. * accepted_count / (accepted_count + rejected_count),
  s,
  result ? "(yay!!!)" : "(booooo)");
}

How would I go about launching a bat file every time this occurs?

you can log cudaminer into a file

from Linux

cudaminer 2>&1 arguments here | tee /var/log/cudaminer.log

and some other process could periodically scan cudaminer.log for updates of the share count and launch any required script.

Christian
Activity: 4
Merit: 0

I just tried the cudaminer build provided here and I'm closer to 360 khash/s now, which is a 1-1.5% improvement over K kernel.  I have no idea why my build is so different (yet works)!  I noticed that the build I linked was built for x86, I might try doing that on my machine and see how it turns out.

EDIT:  Just tried it with your settings, wow... that's quite the improvement!  Up to about 380 khash/s now.  Thanks for the suggestions!  Specifying -C 2 was the culprit--that option shaves off about 25-30 khash/s on my rig.

Glad the settings helped, for reference, I was using this build from here

I tried that build, it wouldn't run on my machine.  I was probably missing a dependency or something, LOL.
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Code:
static void share_result(int result, const char *reason)
{
applog(LOG_INFO, "accepted: %lu/%lu (%.2f%%), %s khash/s %s",
  accepted_count,
  accepted_count + rejected_count,
  100. * accepted_count / (accepted_count + rejected_count),
  s,
  result ? "(yay!!!)" : "(booooo)");
}

How would I go about launching a bat file every time this occurs?
I am adding LOOKUP_GAP support to all kernels (maybe not Legacy, because I am going to dump that one)

The idea is that I can double the current LOOKUP_GAP value whenever there is an Nfactor increase in scrypt-jane mining, and hence the miner can continue to run using its existing memory buffers and kernel launch configuration without crashing (albeit at reduced efficiency).

Christian

Where are the directions on how to setup scrypt-jane?

Distributed all over the last 30 pages in this thread. hehe.

NOTE: there is a Wiki on the github page for CudaMiner and some kind person once tried to condense a bit of information from this thread into this Wiki. Maybe check if you can find information there.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Where are the directions on how to setup scrypt-jane?
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Makes sense as mine is watercooled and never hits 50'c
How come your 780 is so much lower christian?

Heat issues. I have 4 GPUs stacked next to each other in my development PC. My GPU throttles down when it gets hot.
legendary
ICO? Not even once.
I'm about to try Helium3's Xubuntu 13.10 Guide but I'm using my card as secondary so what - if any - modifications should I do in that case?

Btw, it seems like a very detailed guide, thank you!
Activity: 52

I just tried the cudaminer build provided here and I'm closer to 360 khash/s now, which is a 1-1.5% improvement over K kernel.  I have no idea why my build is so different (yet works)!  I noticed that the build I linked was built for x86, I might try doing that on my machine and see how it turns out.

EDIT:  Just tried it with your settings, wow... that's quite the improvement!  Up to about 380 khash/s now.  Thanks for the suggestions!  Specifying -C 2 was the culprit--that option shaves off about 25-30 khash/s on my rig.

Glad the settings helped, for reference, I was using this build from here

Activity: 4

---snipped to save space---

Setting -C 2 and omitting the -m 1 option bumps the numbers up very slightly (to around 122 khash/s).  Still can't get up over 300 khash/s for some reason.  Any additional thoughts would be appreciated, I'm glad to test any option(s) you can think of or recompile in some other way.  Heck I'll even dive through some of the code if you have a logical way for me to debug it!

-----

I'm all for experimentation to find the optimal configuration, but I'm not sure there is an optimal configuration for the code/build I have right now that's superior to the 12-18 release from last month.  The only other alternative I can come up with is I built the wrong executable (Release|x64) or I copied the wrong executable/DLLs in when performing my test(s).

-----

EDIT:  I just noticed you made a commit about 30 minutes ago, so I pulled that down and compiled it as well, just in case there would be any change.  Sadly the numbers above still stand even with the newest build.

Firestar,

If you think the executable you built might be suspect, try one of the later ones posted in this thread, this is what I'm able to get with a GTX 680 ~410 khash with -d 0 -H 1 -m 1 -l Y8x32  

The GTX 680 is overclocked to 1345Mhz, and it runs ~71C

legendary
ICO? Not even once.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Any config for the upcoming Ultra coin?
Activity: 52

---snipped to save space---

Setting -C 2 and omitting the -m 1 option bumps the numbers up very slightly (to around 122 khash/s).  Still can't get up over 300 khash/s for some reason.  Any additional thoughts would be appreciated, I'm glad to test any option(s) you can think of or recompile in some other way.  Heck I'll even dive through some of the code if you have a logical way for me to debug it!

-----

I'm all for experimentation to find the optimal configuration, but I'm not sure there is an optimal configuration for the code/build I have right now that's superior to the 12-18 release from last month.  The only other alternative I can come up with is I built the wrong executable (Release|x64) or I copied the wrong executable/DLLs in when performing my test(s).

-----

EDIT:  I just noticed you made a commit about 30 minutes ago, so I pulled that down and compiled it as well, just in case there would be any change.  Sadly the numbers above still stand even with the newest build.

Firestar,

If you think the executable you built might be suspect, try one of the later ones posted in this thread, this is what I'm able to get with a GTX 680 ~410 khash with -d 0 -H 1 -m 1 -l Y8x32  

The GTX 680 is overclocked to 1345Mhz, and it runs ~71C

https://i.imgur.com/BzaMUDI.png

./cudaminer -H 2 -a scrypt-jane:MRC -d 0 -l Z24x24 -i 0 -o http://127.0.0.1:3340 -u user -p pass -D

gets me 553khash/s
thats with my stock 780, it doesnt seems like its using hardly anything, that is no stuttering or anything

How come your 780 is so much lower christian?
Activity: 2
can anyone post up the mrc launch config for a gtx 780?
i let it auto tune using -l Z and i was seeing tunes as high as 400 or more, yet it hashes at 40khash/s
my cpu is doing more then that lmao

so any help would be appreciated
my config -l T12x28 -d 0 -i 0 -m 1 -H 1 -C 0 use?
i let it auto tune using -l Z and i was seeing tunes as high as 400 or more, yet it hashes at 40khash/s

I used

cudaminer.exe -q -H 2 --algo=scrypt-jane:MRC -d gtx780 -l Z24x24 -i 0 -o stratum+tcp://mrc.easy-mining.net:3361 -O youwish:youknew

I think -H 0 or -H 1 was screwing you over. Keccak on CPU is too slow for low N factor coins like MRC.

Activity: 2
My Asus GeForce 780 (GTX780-DC2-3GD5) +MSI Aftherburner : power limit 106, core clock +274, memory clock -150+ bat "cudaminer.exe  -l T12x28 -d 0 -i 0 -m 1 -H 1 -C 0 -o stratum+tcp://92.63.101.111:3001 -O 42365:123456" gives 570-580 kHash. Tell me optimal settings.

P.s.:sorry, I use a translator.
Jump to: