Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 226. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011
Reverse engineer from time to time
The way I see it, to get 10WUs I would need 100 days, because the ETA on my WU is 10 days.

A 13000 on my GTX780 runs around 12 hours, under Ubuntu. A dedicated system doing nothing else.

Do you have anything else running on your system ? FAH only use unused resources on your PC. If there is BOINC in addition that would impact. Or screensaver/energy saver ? Can you share the log file ?
As I've said before, nothing else.
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
The way I see it, to get 10WUs I would need 100 days, because the ETA on my WU is 10 days.

A 13000 on my GTX780 runs around 12 hours, under Ubuntu. A dedicated system doing nothing else.

Do you have anything else running on your system ? FAH only use unused resources on your PC. If there is BOINC in addition that would impact. Or screensaver/energy saver ? Can you share the log file ?
legendary
I would discourage the use of abbreviations(namely, QRB) because a lot of people here have never folded thus have no idea what you are talking about.
Fair enough: QRB Quick Return Bonus

Each project has a base point assigned and requirements on timelines determined on a reference system in Stanford.
If your system can deliver faster you get based on a formula a higher (muuuuch higher) credit on points. But this require a qualified passkey (e.g 80% successful returned WU, initially 10).

More here http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-points/#ntoc9

I would discourage the use of abbreviations(namely, QRB) because a lot of people here have never folded thus have no idea what you are talking about.
Fair enough: QRB Quick Return Bonus

Each project has a base point assigned and requirements on timelines determined on a reference system in Stanford.
If your system can deliver faster you get based on a formula a higher (muuuuch higher) credit on points. But this require a qualified passkey (e.g 80% successful returned WU, initially 10).

More here http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-points/#ntoc9

Activity: 294
Merit: 250
760 nvidia = 18400 PPD

what should I get next?

Do you have a passkey with 10 workunits yet - without the bonus this is pretty standard I believe.

No I have 1 workunit

Should I get another card? any suggestion?

Getting another card is up to you - they way I see it another card will pay you more and you get to play a bigger role in curing some major diseases.

The reason I asked about the passkey is make sure using https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/about you follow the instructions (scroll some) for adding a passkey. If you have a passkey added once you fold 10 work units you'll start getting bonus PPD which will make a nice difference and could get that card up to its limit of around 45k I believe.

sorry I see what you mean now yes I have 140 WU

what do you think I should get? a 7970 ATI?

If you were in the market I would recommend a higher end Nvidia card just because it saves you from Nvidia-Amd compatability problems. I would look into a 770 maybe.
legendary
And please: do not just delete started work units.

Those WU are sequential in nature and if one got stopped the subsequent WUs can't be created and research get delayed. Once a WU is started please finish it ! also if you get less points.

If this is done to often it will harm this coin with respect to its reputation.

Oh, and it might harm the status of your own passkey as you need to keep a 80% success rate on returned WU to keep the QRB
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
And please: do not just delete started work units.

Those WU are sequential in nature and if one got stopped the subsequent WUs can't be created and research get delayed. Once a WU is started please finish it ! also if you get less points.

If this is done to often it will harm this coin with respect to its reputation.

Oh, and it might harm the status of your own passkey as you need to keep a 80% success rate on returned WU to keep the QRB
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
760 nvidia = 18400 PPD

what should I get next?

Do you have a passkey with 10 workunits yet - without the bonus this is pretty standard I believe.

No I have 1 workunit

Getting another card is up to you - they way I see it another card will pay you more and you get to play a bigger role in curing some major diseases.

The reason I asked about the passkey is make sure using https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/about you follow the instructions (scroll some) for adding a passkey. If you have a passkey added once you fold 10 work units you'll start getting bonus PPD which will make a nice difference and could get that card up to its limit of around 45k I believe.

sorry I see what you mean now yes I have 140 WU

what do you think I should get? a 7970 ATI?
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
1679 is like the default value
when I left it running it went up to 100k+ per day on my r9 290
Why your folding power isn't on full ?
It took almost 1-2hours for all my rigs PPD to kick in, i would just give it some time.
Alright, but  I doubt it would change anything, it has already been nearly 10 minutes and the speed is still 1679PPD and as you saw, another user has the same problem.
Before I posted here, I did wait over an hour, it was the same speed and didn't change at all.

Here is a screenshot as of NOW.

Because it doesn't seem to affect anything. I was running on Full for over an hour.

I've PM'ed you. Also keep it on full because if its on medium its just another thing that could be causing a problem later down the road so its easier for people trying to help you if they don't need to worry about that.
760 nvidia = 18400 PPD

what should I get next?

No I have 1 workunit

legendary
It took almost 1-2hours for all my rigs PPD to kick in, i would just give it some time.
Alright, but  I doubt it would change anything, it has already been nearly 10 minutes and the speed is still 1679PPD and as you saw, another user has the same problem.
Before I posted here, I did wait over an hour, it was the same speed and didn't change at all.

Because it doesn't seem to affect anything. I was running on Full for over an hour.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
760 nvidia = 18400 PPD

what should I get next?

No I have 1 workunit

Activity: 91

legendary

760 nvidia = 18400 PPD

what should I get next?

Activity: 91
Hello, i am a newbie, and i don't understand how to mine this coin.
May i ask how can i mine it with my gpu?
Is there a miner?
How can i fold protein?

btw, i only have graphics cards, no asic

thx Smiley

If you only have graphics cards you want to fold proteins. This guide should help: https://www.cryptobullionpools.com/about
legendary
Jump to: