Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 81. (Read 696254 times)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
is it possible to use coinpayments in a shop website, and accept explicitly Curecoin ?

Yes indeed it is  Smiley
Activity: 397
Merit: 251
CureCoin Lead Dev
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
is it possible to use coinpayments in a shop website, and accept explicitly Curecoin ?

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Activity: 27
Activity: 3
I sell Steam/Desura keys for Curecoin: http://a-bit-help.beepworld.de/ .

good. thanks
a way to make a currency valuable, is to accept it as payment.

I find it quite sad, that so few especial charity oriented groups like: Blender, groupees and Humble Bundle. Even most hardware seller don´t accept it.

exactly if the currency was totally transparent and had a larger following i think a lot of places would certainly consider accepting it.

To be honest Bitcoin isn´t much more transparent and they dont use Gridcoin, Foldingcoin or Primecoine, not even Lightcoin, Dogecoin or devcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

good. thanks

I find it quite sad, that so few especial charity oriented groups like: Blender, groupees and Humble Bundle. Even most hardware seller don´t accept it.

exactly if the currency was totally transparent and had a larger following i think a lot of places would certainly consider accepting it.

legendary

good. thanks

imagine overstock
would be nice to buy a new shoes for winter using curecoin

good. thanks

legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Hey everyone, update within the next week or so to the 2.0 alpha testing which will include PoS.
legendary

good. thanks
legendary
need to increase the size of the dev team now. BTC is moving i would consider curecoin to be one of the most useful alts around. However development and marketing are snail pace compared to larger teams.

It's simple we need to provide incentive for other devs/marketing bods to join cure coin.

Look at grid.
I think everyone realises this coin was a great idea. Just poor marketing, and development. I don't even know where the OP went.

It's better that they take their time and get it right than to rush it and end up with security issues or just another generic altcoin. 

The devs have already put in a lot of work into making a fairly unique and meaningful altcoin. 

I'm still lobbying for donations to go to devs, not stanford. 

Correct me if i'm wrong here, but: 

---

(donations to devs = more improvement of CC = more interest in CC = more CC Team f@h PPD for stanford)

=

(donations to devs = [indirect] donations to stanford)

---

Note to self:  develop new coin JAGA (Just Another Generic Altcoin)
Activity: 799
why price so low... what is the problem with this coin ??

The eventual goal of Curecoin isn't to create an environment where people generate a living from folding, but rather are able to offset their costs while improving the state of computational science. It's a different paradigm entirely: most altcoin mining aims to turn profits, Curecoin mining aims to offset costs.

Again I also don't think its fair to blame the dev, he is writing new code from scratch much of which is entirely different to anything out there currently its inevitable that it will take a long time. But if your just in this for a quick buck maybe you should move on.

the Dev seems very competent but if curecoin was more open and if we had more brain (devs) behind this project, it would move faster... that is all we are saying and no we are not going anywhere we (I) still believe in this project. Again I'm all in since day One, I'm not going anywhere... it is all or nothing as far as I'm concern.

A few things we need:

1) Somewhere to spend coins i.e create an economy
2) a phone wallet
3) An aggressive Marketing plan
4) A few Faucets/ Giveaway (reddit, facebook etc.)
5) A easy how to fold explanation in the OP i.e clean the OP (that's just incredible that it is not done)
6) Universities backing (I'm happy to contact my local Uni but we need a plan, I can't go empty handed)
7) Correcting the supply on every website that list curecoin (They say that the current supply is 25mm which is not correct)
Cool More transparency
9) bring more people into the small current team (Devs, maketing people etc.)

that is only on top of my head
1 ) Seems to be an issue for majority of alt coins in that the only way to spend them is convert to btc, this would definitely help.
2 ) Phone wallet is in the works
3 ) Agree
4 ) Agree
5 ) There is an excellent guide already linked in OP https://www.curecoin.net/index.php/knowledge-base/12-knowledge-base/folding-for-curecoin/23-how-do-i-start-folding-for-curecoin
However I totally agree the OP could use a good clean-up this probably makes most sense to do when launching CC 2.0
6 ) Definitely interested in a list of potential universities though if I do recall Vorksholk did throw a couple of suggestions out there a few pages back.
7 ) I think the supply issue is to do with the premined coins that are held for folding rewards, that should be corrected with CC 2.0 and the move to certificate based "mining".
8 ) I feel the transparency is ok for now and should improve with CC 2.0, but would definitely appreciate more frequent updates on progress (perhaps just a weekly update not unlike what sunnyking does?) Heres a link for an example https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ppc-xpm-peercoinprimecoin-weekly-updates-114994
9 ) If anyone has the skills to help in these areas I would encourage them to contact the team to offer support.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100

The eventual goal of Curecoin isn't to create an environment where people generate a living from folding, but rather are able to offset their costs while improving the state of computational science. It's a different paradigm entirely: most altcoin mining aims to turn profits, Curecoin mining aims to offset costs.

Again I also don't think its fair to blame the dev, he is writing new code from scratch much of which is entirely different to anything out there currently its inevitable that it will take a long time. But if your just in this for a quick buck maybe you should move on.

the Dev seems very competent but if curecoin was more open and if we had more brain (devs) behind this project, it would move faster... that is all we are saying and no we are not going anywhere we (I) still believe in this project. Again I'm all in since day One, I'm not going anywhere... it is all or nothing as far as I'm concern.

A few things we need:

1) Somewhere to spend coins i.e create an economy
2) a phone wallet
3) An aggressive Marketing plan
4) A few Faucets/ Giveaway (reddit, facebook etc.)
5) A easy how to fold explanation in the OP i.e clean the OP (that's just incredible that it is not done)
6) Universities backing (I'm happy to contact my local Uni but we need a plan, I can't go empty handed)
7) Correcting the supply on every website that list curecoin (They say that the current supply is 25mm which is not correct)
Cool More transparency
9) bring more people into the small current team (Devs, maketing people etc.)

that is only on top of my head

legendary
I think everyone realises this coin was a great idea. Just poor marketing, and development. I don't even know where the OP went.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
This is not a copy paste coin and things take time to write from scratch, I notice in the cryptosphere everyone wants advanced features yesterday with a view to get rich quick. While I would agree some more regular updates wouldn't hurt, we just need to be patient. When code like this is being written from scratch it is inevitable that it will take a long time to get it just right. What would be worse is if the coding is rushed leaving vulnerabilities which could totally ruin the coin for ever. In the meantime you can enjoy the low prices to accumulate and participate in the community discussion, the dev's have asked for community input on a number of ideas so if there are features you want or ideas you would like to share please do so!

After a year I think I can say I have been patient...

I would like a clear roadmap and if possible I would like to know if any University is sponsoring CC 2.0 and if not what are we doing to make sure someone will in the near future.

How about asking nicely instead of bagging the dev...

I wrote "if possible" that's nice.
Now I have been a supporter of this project from the start but my patient has limit especially when nothing is done to reassure us.
I'm tired to get scammed, I just hope Curecoin is not another one in the long list of scam in the BTC world

Keep your one line comment for yourself, I don't need you to patronize me!!!
This is not a copy paste coin and things take time to write from scratch, I notice in the cryptosphere everyone wants advanced features yesterday with a view to get rich quick. While I would agree some more regular updates wouldn't hurt, we just need to be patient. When code like this is being written from scratch it is inevitable that it will take a long time to get it just right. What would be worse is if the coding is rushed leaving vulnerabilities which could totally ruin the coin for ever. In the meantime you can enjoy the low prices to accumulate and participate in the community discussion, the dev's have asked for community input on a number of ideas so if there are features you want or ideas you would like to share please do so!

After a year I think I can say I have been patient...

I would like a clear roadmap and if possible I would like to know if any University is sponsoring CC 2.0 and if not what are we doing to make sure someone will in the near future.

How about asking nicely instead of bagging the dev...
Pages:
Jump to: