Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018 - page 78. (Read 696254 times)

legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Still looking.. I mean folding eh ?

https://youtu.be/Tx7W662gd8M

troll. the folding coins helps humanity more than all coins

my Nvidia working on http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fahproject.overusingIPswillbebanned?p=9212
Cystic fibrosis (CF).
can't stop it and mine shitcoins for profits

If that is so.. then why did you remove the link I had posted ?

Are you afraid of the information provided there ?

Do you mind if I call you Mr. Quack ?

yes you can call me Mr. Quack
i didn't want the whole image posted in quote
and yes the link scares me

and i wish someone will find the ultimate cure to kill cancer
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

https://youtu.be/Tx7W662gd8M

my Nvidia working on http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/fahproject.overusingIPswillbebanned?p=9212
Cystic fibrosis (CF).

If that is so.. then why did you remove the link I had posted ?

Are you afraid of the information provided there ?

Do you mind if I call you Mr. Quack ?
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I lost so many BTC on this coin lets hope we have better days ahead

SNAP me too. This could have been an amazing project. They pretty much dropped the ball on this one.
legendary
1 CURE in 10 years = ??$
legendary

Cystic fibrosis (CF).
Activity: 29
Looking at the results i got from running the calculator is a scary thing with the current price it may take many years to roi on my 2 gtx if ever.

Yes, a little scary but also paints a disheartening picture of the crypto currency and gamer community(ies). The critical mass which has yet to be reached deals with obsolete GPU equipment formerly used by scrypt miners re-directed at folding. Instead (IMHO) many scrypt miners simply sold their GPUs to Gamers who, unlike old PS3 owners who created a true paradigm shift for folding@home, actually have a lower than expected interest in participating in research. For that matter, a lower than expected interest in building a futuristic "Epistemic Standard Economy" around research instead of precious metals or credit default swaps.

The calculator was put out there to underscore the value of our collective participation. Many in the crypto-community either don't realize the actual costs of folding proteins (the long-time folders know this quite well), and that it follows Moore's Law too. Some of the research results from 7 years ago are just beginning to affect drug advancements today. What's really required is an exa-scale computational effort (10x the current level of participation in folding@home today). This is one of the paradigms that CureCoin want's to change as more people learn about the system.  

There is (what I believe) a mis-conception that CureCoin is a clone (like many others), which is mined independently of the actual molecular calculations (thereby burning 2x the energy). Outside the 19% SHA-256 layer set aside in 1.0 to secure the network and allow traditional miners to transition into folding proteins, this assumption is simply incorrect. Misconceptions (IMHO) are still due to posts by naysayers dating back to early days in 2014 or even pre-ANN that are still floating out on the internet.

There are, hrrrhmm, "entities" who criticize CureCoin participants for profiteering from medical research philanthropy, yet have no qualms about promoting parallel BTC mining to support other DCN projects ... a hypocritical viewpoint if there ever was one.

Finally, another community who seem to be totally missing the boat is the Sci-Fi fan community. Despite repeated efforts to garner interest in CureCoin (or Folding@home in general) on Sci-Fi fan social media sites, they are more likely to contribute $500000 USD to crowdfund Star Trek Axanar than to load an NaCl job in a Chrome browser. A celebrity endorsement would probably go a long way here, but they are too concerned about being hacked through the FAH software. It may seem funny, but that's not speculation, that's first hand information from people I know in Hollywood.

One simple thing I can suggest is more mentions of #curecoin on social media. Post your points output, tell people about Folding@Home and the over 120 published scientific papers. There are only a handful of CureCoin team members who post periodically about their CureCoin and Folding@Home experiences. Statistics show that media attention to DCN research projects dramatically increases participation. Without the "pop" of huge breakthroughs from the research, media attention has been waning in our instant gratification culture. I've had friends ask "So who am I going to be 'curing' if I do this?'" The truth is, not only does the research cover molecular biology across over 500 active projects, but additionally helps advance big data, machine learning and deep learning research.
legendary

this is unacceptable (to me) that some sh*tcoins are more profitable to mine, and lately going to the 'moon'
and that the the guy posting above lost BTC for investing in such a project...

i hope in the future investors will go more for useful POW
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
Programming projects always seem to take orders of magnitude longer than it seems they should... but here's my optimistic timeline:
2.0.0a5 (PoS testnet update) will hopefully be in private team testing today, and public testnet release tomorrow, on Github and with compiled binaries here.
2.0.0a7 (Code cleanup) will hopefully see public release December 17th. No new (major) features, but the code will be far easier to read and work with. Bug fixes, etc.
2.0.0a9 (Variable difficulty, network timing, more advanced peer seeking mechanisms) will hopefully be public by Jan 3rd.

Hey everyone, 2.0's still chugging along, a tad behind schedule. I'm rolling the plans for the next two public betas (2.0.0a7 and 2.0.0a9) together, because when significantly overhauling the code, I realized it didn't make sense to re-write and optimize things that are going to be removed (such as the static difficulty calculations, some PoW/PoS code chunks, the dead weight of a lot of the block parsing code introduced from bolting PoS onto 2.0.0a3, etc.) so 2.0.0a7 is going to be cleanup + variable difficulty/block timing/peer seeking.

Life is extremely busy, but I'm hoping to have something in public hands in the next few weeks.
Would be nice to have an update for CC 2.0
legendary
we must have more folders
or Hardware.no will overtake us in the future !!
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_list.php?s=

I did see in the team's chart that PPD is increasing over time
http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=224497

I'm sure that if we could get speculators to launch the rocket to 1usd per coin people would be folding like crazy

Until then It will be hard to have more folders

lets hope CC 2.0 will move people away from POW

if it will reach too quick to something big like 1$
won't it will cause Stanford getting flooded too much by new folders ? rise should be slow, and folding more and more profitable every day
can their infrastructure support a sudden big jump in folding power ?

the good thing with this kind of POW, is that we actually want difficulty to go up (or your daily share to go down) Smiley

I'm sure that if we could get speculators to launch the rocket to 1usd per coin people would be folding like crazy

Until then It will be hard to have more folders

lets hope CC 2.0 will move people away from POW
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
legendary

Activity: 799
Looks like in November CURE's value has quickly doubled before getting back to a lower value. Does anybody know what created that spike?

Moreover, and that's maybe a naïve question, what are the main factors that could durably increase the value of the CureCoin?
Having more people in the CC folding team?
Having people not converting their CC to BTC as soon as they earned them?

What can we, CC Team's folders, do to help CURE's value to increase in the medium to long term?

In November the dev launch the first testnet of cc 2.0

We need more folders and more buy support on the order books at Polo and Bittrex... but  more importantly we need curecoin 2.0 to come out... its been over a year that cc 2.0 should have been released but the dev failed to deliver in time so people are tired of waiting...

I still believe in Curecoin but dev need to get their SH*** together

lets hope 2016 will be a good year... this coin could really make a difference in the Altcoin space

If only it were as simple as copy pasting code to launch cc2.0, un/fortunately the vast majority of this needs to be coded from scratch so you can expect perhaps even extended delays as the concepts are coded and the kinks are ironed out. Also lets not forget crypto devs are more often than not, not paid for their work and must balance work/family life around the time they can spend developing such projects. Perhaps a more constructive way to approach the issue of delays is not to bag on devs but to offer help if you are able otherwise continue to contribute to the community so that we may get others who are able to help interested in the project.

Looks like in November CURE's value has quickly doubled before getting back to a lower value. Does anybody know what created that spike?

Moreover, and that's maybe a naïve question, what are the main factors that could durably increase the value of the CureCoin?

What can we, CC Team's folders, do to help CURE's value to increase in the medium to long term?

More people folding will help with distribution but that alone can't help the price. If you look at the markets it would seem majority of coins from folding are held rather than sold immediately for btc. The best way we can help to increase the value is by creating demand (buy pressure) this can partially be achieved by the creation of services to give people a reason to buy curecoin, again that will have limited effect as it is usually very niche services. Something that has been discussed in the past is the possibility of DCN's (decentralized computing networks) providing buy pressure to encourage more users to contribute computing time. CC2.0 is certainly a step in the direction of making this idea more plausible though in reality it seems unlikely that stanford would pay anything for something they already get for free. I personally am in favor of the idea that DCN's pay some small amount in the form of buy pressure for curecoin in order to encourage miners away from wasteful pow and towards their own DCN, if the DCN could get the same results as they would hiring or running expensive supercomputers for less money by supporting curecoin it seems like a win-win to me.

In November the dev launch the first testnet of cc 2.0

We need more folders and more buy support on the order books at Polo and Bittrex... but  more importantly we need curecoin 2.0 to come out... its been over a year that cc 2.0 should have been released but the dev failed to deliver in time so people are tired of waiting...

I still believe in Curecoin but dev need to get their SH*** together

lets hope 2016 will be a good year... this coin could really make a difference in the Altcoin space
Activity: 2

Activity: 799
Oh, and a team member Ivan has been working on putting together a calculator for people to estimate hardware costs and whatnot.

Here's how it looks: http://1.curecoinmirror.com/calculatordemo.html If anyone has anything they'd like added to the calculator, let me know! One feature I have considered is a drop-down to pick the video cards being used, but that seems to messy, given the wild differences different hardware configurations, drivers, etc. can produce (My overclocked 980 Ti gets about 550,000 PPD if running 24/7, although I can find sources on the internet that talk about it running as high as 800,000, and that's a huge margin for a calculator to assume).

We're just starting to test it, so let us know if you find any bugs or abnormalities. It isn't feature-complete yet.

Looking at the results i got from running the calculator is a scary thing with the current price it may take many years to roi on my 2 gtx if ever.
legendary
Activity: 1713
Merit: 1029
So hows this little sham going? Have we actually folded proteins or just pretending to? Or are we still spending everything on cases of wind and brain control research?

Drug development is a fairly slow process, so there's certainly nothing on the market you can buy today that was the direct result of Folding@Home research.

A few years ago, F@H found several drug candidates which appear promising for Alzheimers, and in 2010 tests were performed on tissue samples. 2011 saw Folding@Home simulate several mutations of the amyloid beta peptide, and is now researching interactions between enzymes and misfolding of Aβ. http://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jm201332p

A tumor suppressor, p53, responsible for about half of all researched types of cancer, has been researched extensively in the past decade by F@H. Mutations/misfolds of p53 cause the "cancer kill switch" of cells to malfunction, allowing abnormal cells to develop and reproduce. A promising protein which marks cancer cells for the immune system to attack, Interleukin 2, has been researched by the Folding@Home project recently.  Big pharma have previously expressed interest in the compound, but the side effects have been too extreme. Recent findings from Folding@Home of an alternate form of Interleukin 2 which is orders of magnitude more effective and with fewer side effects, has sparked laboratory research from the NIH, who are currently testing it in a variety of tumors, with an end goal of a deliverable medicine. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22446627

They've also made significant contributions to the field by designing, testing, and refining computational approaches to a variety of problems including potential mechanisms for disabling RNase H (an enzyme responsible for helping HIV transcribe genetic information) and designing drugs which modify or disable only targeted cells, enzymes, proteins, etc. https://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/faq-diseases/

If you'd like to browse through all 129 papers produced by researchers in conjunction with Folding@Home, see here: https://folding.stanford.edu/home/papers/#ntoc100
Activity: 29
So hows this little sham going? Have we actually folded proteins or just pretending to? Or are we still spending everything on cases of wind and brain control research?

Ummm ... moved to #4 spot within less than two years (out of a 15 year history Folding@Home) ...

You can verify the stats independently (don't take it from them):

At one point the team output >19 PetaFLOPS in protein folding computations - rivaling a $97,000,000 IBM Titan Supercomputer...

Beat Google, HP and MacOSx folding teams - COMBINED in total PPD produced ...

... so yea, they've folded some proteins.

Pages:
Jump to: