Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Datacoin - Censorship-Free Data Storage - page 66. (Read 66642 times)

Activity: 796
Merit: 505
Activity: 481
Merit: 252
Quote from: dtc2017
Hi Extro,

Here is a fork of the marbles demo
https://github.com/dtc20017/marbles

I am still setting up our blockchain as I want to share accesss across all interested team members rather that running it locally.
IBM Bluemix service offer free trial accounts but they don't include blockchain services and
charge around $1300 per peer. In the mean time we can use my Ubuntu server on google cloud.

I have already emailed IBM Blockchain support for some advice, still waiting to hear back.
Some good news - Hyperledger is definitely compatible with the Datacoin algo.

Also had a look at some of the other technologies under the Hyperledger Framework, Fabric has the most support from industry and is well documented so will stick with that unless you have any objections.

Kind Regards,

A quick update:

I rediscovered Hyperledger composer, using the online testing environment I have been able to create 2 participant types and an asset and then transfer asset ownership from one user to another - all very simple.
then installed ubuntu 64bit and full composer, from the cli I then created a Datacoin test network again with 2 participants and an asset. This can now be published to a .bna file and deployed to a peer.

Integration
I am still working things out but what it seems we can do use the node.js process included with composer to expose the Datacoin test network as a rest api.
Then we can pull data from dtc network and convert that data into assets on the hyperledger network.
I'm still exploring the limits of the testing environment.

cheers
dtc2017

This is very interesting and impressive work by DTC2017.  Datacoin lacks a Smart Contract environment and IBM/Linux Foundation Hyperledger seems to be a good solution.  I don't believe we have the resources to re-invent the wheel, especially as Hyperledger is agnostic w.r..t cryptocurrencies.

I have updated the OP with a link to a fork of the Marbles asset trading application created by IBM Hyperledger.

-extro
Hi Team,

We are currently syncing on CryptoID! Smiley

CryptoID is a block explorer, and more, for development and curiosity needz.

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dtc/

Go Datacoin!

Kind Regards,
The AtomSea

[ paid for one year by the not-for-profit archiving entity, HugPuddle - 1HuGpUDDLEhvehXE1P6xeudqAHqKfs1BFM ]

Thank you for the support!

Hope you are well loaded up with DTC for the day when the price rises!

-extro
Activity: 592
Merit: 259

WELL DONE!
Activity: 81
Merit: 16
Hi Team,

Go Datacoin!

Kind Regards,
The AtomSea

[ paid for one year by the not-for-profit archiving entity, HugPuddle - 1HuGpUDDLEhvehXE1P6xeudqAHqKfs1BFM ]

This is awesome thanks a bunch Atomsea and HugPuddle for organizing this, it's very needed

Seven trades today on BTCpop. All folks buying in.

You just wait until everyone sees this fancy graphic  Cool

Activity: 143
Merit: 100
So sexy, it hurts.
Hi Team,

Go Datacoin!

Kind Regards,
The AtomSea

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
Seven trades today on BTCpop. All folks buying in.
IBM Hyperledger

I see IBM Hyperledger has an asset trading app called Marbles:   https://github.com/IBM-Blockchain/marbles.  
There is a video here:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhB15Hi_Yok.

There is also a smart contract framework called Chaincode.

We don't have smart contracts and Asset Trading at the moment.  Seems that we could align Datacoin with the Hyperledger framework to quickly gain these capabilities.

Dtc2017 has done some preliminary investigations and believes it is doable.  Lets see how far we get.

-extro
IMZ
legendary
What is the goal of capitalization of your project?

Our first goal now is just to get it listed on an exchange.  I have no idea what the market will do to the price.

You're on an exchange, extro: BTCpop. I signed up so I could have a look at it. EDIT: But an in-house p2p market would have a bunch of uses!

But from the PMs: I am absolutely superbusy out the wazoo (with another bootstrap project . . . ) But I recall this coin from its launch, and will pop in and watch events.

My Absolute Bottom Line: gotta have click-n-go wallets.
So there was about 3 link clicks ? Wow, I thought there would be more

The image is only being displayed correctly on one of the display types, so I can
see why people would be reluctant to follow the link.
I am actually more disappointed in the reach figures shown
Activity: 882
Merit: 310
So there was about 3 link clicks ? Wow, I thought there would be more
Demographic Results
Day 1

IMZ
legendary
I am running a small ad campaign on Facebook for the next couple of days targeting cryptocurrency
users in the US & Australia. The image provided links back to our main announcement page.
Anyway will be interesting to see the stats when they come back

dtc, IndiaMikeZulu are Australian crypto geeks. I don't hold Datacoin, but it's fine to see a community 'boot strapping' themselves -- I see you have 'no active markets' on Coinmarketcap. EDIT: but you have pop -- gonna have a look at that.

If we can be of small service, PM me -- we have a lot of experience with p2p markets.
I am running a small ad campaign on Facebook for the next couple of days targeting cryptocurrency
users in the US & Australia. The image provided links back to our main announcement page.
Anyway will be interesting to see the stats when they come back

Hi Embii,

Thanks for checking out the simulator tutorial and for providing this Apertus update.
I prefer chrome as my default browser so this new addition is much appreciated  Smiley

Cheers
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Please give me more details about roadmap, whitepaper, block rewards, reward halving, algorithm, etc. Thanks dev, I will take a look at the project Datacoin
Activity: 62
Merit: 6
Beautiful.

I get a lot of Arabic on Twitter and Facebook, but I can feel that a lot is lost in translation.  Lol.
Pages:
Jump to: