Author

Topic: [ANN] Denarius [D] - First "Tribus" PoW/PoS Hybrid Masternodes, Ring Sigs - page 168. (Read 504255 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
Anymore exchanges on the horizon? How about a high volume exchange like Bittrex?

Also when did you say the twitter/advertisement campaign is starting?

Twitter campaign is already over currently. We have a few giveaways going on on https://denariustalk.org

I have no news as far as the bigger exchanges go, I have submitted Denarius and my personal details to both Poloniex, Bittrex, and HitBTC, but as far as knowing what is going on, I don't, they do not comment on whether a coin will be added or not.
I think you need to pay trex for the listing 3btc if I'm not mistaken you need to comply with them and make sure that there's no problem with your wallet and social media campaign will help to speed up the process.
Activity: 260
Merit: 102
Good time to buy. Likely hit 1.25 again soon. Didn't take long last time.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 417
Anymore exchanges on the horizon? How about a high volume exchange like Bittrex?

Twitter campaign is already over currently. We have a few giveaways going on on https://denariustalk.org

I have no news as far as the bigger exchanges go, I have submitted Denarius and my personal details to both Poloniex, Bittrex, and HitBTC, but as far as knowing what is going on, I don't, they do not comment on whether a coin will be added or not.
Activity: 10
Merit: 0

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

Thanks for the info

whitepapers looking good!
Activity: 298
Merit: 100
hashbag.cc
yeah whattomine is a bit out, and they still don't seem to get the price properly
Activity: 1021
Merit: 324
A few quick questions....

1) What type of OC work best for this coin?  Memory like Eth or Core like Zcash?

2) Is there a requirement for cards?  Like on Eth where 2Gb cards will no longer work?

3) If the above is a no... then anyone have hash rates on lower end cards like 1050's, 1050ti's or RX 550's and 460's?  
(I found the listing for 1060 and above but nothing on lower end cards)

4) Is there a calculator out there to show how many coins/Mhs?

I am running it on my main PC not one of my mining rigs using a GTX 1060 3gb and getting 26-27Mh.  
Just wondering what some of the lower end cards will get.  I sold off my Rx 470's and 480's a few weeks ago and changed from Eth and have a few systems lying around that I might toss a few cheap cards in to run on this coin if they are worth it...

Thanks guys!

1) Core
2) You can use any AMD or NVIDIA GPU, there is no memory requirement
3) Join us in the Gitter/Slack and ask around, lots of miners there to help you out Cool (Same with the forums at https://denariustalk.org)
4) https://whattomine.com/coins/187-dnr-tribus

Thanks for the answers!!!

The calculator on Whattomine is WAY off from what I am actually getting?  I did see that it is listed in Kh/s and not Mh/s but even adding a 0 at the end still doesn't fix it.

I use https://www.coinstaker.com/bitcoin-calculator/hashpower-converter/ to convert Mh/s to Kh/sec for whattomine. Don't forget to input the latest CMC price as well.
This coin will be like Pascal coin
New algorithm
The volume of exchange is low
The lucky ones are buying at this time

I am thinking about buying some more, but whole market seems to be correcting so not sure about that one.

Anyways daily ups and downs don't really matter, we are there for the long haul anyways.
So am I
I will wait until the end of this year

Oh most definitely! Denarius is one of the best coins to come out in a very, very long time. Not holding this is a bit mistake if you ask me. It will blow up in the future, give it time.

Now I am asking my self why did you write that it is the best new coin?
Do not take me wrong, I am interested in this coin. I am mining it. But when I look at other coins except Tribus algorithm I don't see anything revolutionary to call it the best. This is maybe harsh, but I am trying to be realistic with my investment.

Here are good few things that I see in this coin:
- I am amazed how everything is developed with such a speed. (hmm...this has nothing to do with coin, but that is still my biggest impression Smiley )
- Tribus algorithm is really interesting, ASIC resistant with Low power consumption. I like it.
- 6% POS sounds interesting. No need for introducing Master nodes (they are now interesting to people Smiley )
- Speed of transactions? But are they really fast. I have to wait when I transfer coins to exchanges. And now we have low number of coins.
- POW and later POS is also interesting concept, but again, nothing new
- Denarius community is very active and really have will and passion that you can almost feel.

Here are few concerns that I have for now about the coin:
- What is niche for this token? I can see that focus is now on exchanges. We all know that price of coin will increase if demand for it is increased. But should demand be produced in exchanges or by some practical usage of coins. Real challenge is to find a real life case where coin can be used, except exchanges. All this now is only speculation. I am hoping that coin is not created just to be traded on exchanges. If purpose of this coin is only POW, POS and exchanges then this coin is same as others, only with different makeup. I know that it is really a big challenge to convince someone to adopt coin. If you succeed in that then for sure you will have demand and off course increased coin value.
- Is this coin and all other products really developed by one person? If yes, you have my bow to the ground. But, that is also double blade. Who wants to invest in coin that is developed, maintained and guided by one person?

All this is written with current information that I have collected from this and official forum. I am still not on Slack and Gitter, so maybe I am missing some of the information or I don't have a full picture about this coin.

If I wrote something wrong, please correct me. I am always willing to learn and read something new.
Thank you. Smiley

Very valid concerns.

Yes I developed everything myself, with the exception of denarii the bot in the Gitter and Slack chats (Credits go to enkayz) and a few including enkayz have helped out with Denarius itself with a few commits. I am constantly chatting with and interacting with the community we are building around Denarius to see what everyone wants to see next, I would never develop something that has no interest from the community....Everyone is free to put up PR requests on the Github for review and approval. (Personally as far as hard fork features, I do strongly believe against forks, and I think it goes against all belief of the "blockchain")

The niche is that it isn't a "token", its a real cryptocurrency, its own blockchain. I think a lot of these points are made in the Whitescroll: https://denarius.io/whitescroll.pdf

Including transaction speeds, Denarius can handle roughly 150 tps which is far greater than Bitcoin itself at its current state of around 7 tps. This is due to how fast the blocks are found, within 30 seconds the memory pool of the block gets a fresh start, so we are in a way eliminating the need for a larger block size, by just speeding up block times.

I would mainly hope that Denarius can be become as liquid as possible, so exchanges, merchant integration tools, etc. are certainly important. I do think allowing easy merchant integration would be ideal, but like you said, its all about convincing bigger brands, shops, etc. to adopt the coin. After all that is what a cryptocurrency is suppose to be.

Denarius is just suppose to be a no-frills solid cryptocurrency.

1) What type of OC work best for this coin?  Memory like Eth or Core like Zcash?

2) Is there a requirement for cards?  Like on Eth where 2Gb cards will no longer work?

3) If the above is a no... then anyone have hash rates on lower end cards like 1050's, 1050ti's or RX 550's and 460's? 

I am running it on my main PC not one of my mining rigs using a GTX 1060 3gb and getting 26-27Mh. 
Just wondering what some of the lower end cards will get.  I sold off my Rx 470's and 480's a few weeks ago and changed from Eth and have a few systems lying around that I might toss a few cheap cards in to run on this coin if they are worth it...

Thanks guys!

1) Core
3) Join us in the Gitter/Slack and ask around, lots of miners there to help you out Cool (Same with the forums at https://denariustalk.org)

The calculator on Whattomine is WAY off from what I am actually getting?  I did see that it is listed in Kh/s and not Mh/s but even adding a 0 at the end still doesn't fix it.

Yea Whattomine is still in beta with their Tribus and Denarius calculations, so it still may not function properly.
Activity: 198
Merit: 101

1) What type of OC work best for this coin?  Memory like Eth or Core like Zcash?

2) Is there a requirement for cards?  Like on Eth where 2Gb cards will no longer work?

Just wondering what some of the lower end cards will get.  I sold off my Rx 470's and 480's a few weeks ago and changed from Eth and have a few systems lying around that I might toss a few cheap cards in to run on this coin if they are worth it...

Thanks guys!

1) Core

The calculator on Whattomine is WAY off from what I am actually getting?  I did see that it is listed in Kh/s and not Mh/s but even adding a 0 at the end still doesn't fix it.
Activity: 271
New algorithm

I am thinking about buying some more, but whole market seems to be correcting so not sure about that one.

Anyways daily ups and downs don't really matter, we are there for the long haul anyways.
So am I

Oh most definitely! Denarius is one of the best coins to come out in a very, very long time. Not holding this is a bit mistake if you ask me. It will blow up in the future, give it time.

Now I am asking my self why did you write that it is the best new coin?
Do not take me wrong, I am interested in this coin. I am mining it. But when I look at other coins except Tribus algorithm I don't see anything revolutionary to call it the best. This is maybe harsh, but I am trying to be realistic with my investment.

Here are good few things that I see in this coin:
- I am amazed how everything is developed with such a speed. (hmm...this has nothing to do with coin, but that is still my biggest impression Smiley )
- Tribus algorithm is really interesting, ASIC resistant with Low power consumption. I like it.
- 6% POS sounds interesting. No need for introducing Master nodes (they are now interesting to people Smiley )
- Speed of transactions? But are they really fast. I have to wait when I transfer coins to exchanges. And now we have low number of coins.
- POW and later POS is also interesting concept, but again, nothing new
- Denarius community is very active and really have will and passion that you can almost feel.

Here are few concerns that I have for now about the coin:
- What is niche for this token? I can see that focus is now on exchanges. We all know that price of coin will increase if demand for it is increased. But should demand be produced in exchanges or by some practical usage of coins. Real challenge is to find a real life case where coin can be used, except exchanges. All this now is only speculation. I am hoping that coin is not created just to be traded on exchanges. If purpose of this coin is only POW, POS and exchanges then this coin is same as others, only with different makeup. I know that it is really a big challenge to convince someone to adopt coin. If you succeed in that then for sure you will have demand and off course increased coin value.
- Is this coin and all other products really developed by one person? If yes, you have my bow to the ground. But, that is also double blade. Who wants to invest in coin that is developed, maintained and guided by one person?

All this is written with current information that I have collected from this and official forum. I am still not on Slack and Gitter, so maybe I am missing some of the information or I don't have a full picture about this coin.

If I wrote something wrong, please correct me. I am always willing to learn and read something new.
Thank you. Smiley
Activity: 39
about POS: from 1 DNR i recive 0.00003 DNR
Activity: 146
Just an update Denarius [DNR] on CoinMarketCap is now updated to included our Cryptopia listing

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/denarius-dnr/
Dear developer
You are doing a great job
Your project progresses to steady steps
Activity: 14
Just an update Denarius [DNR] on CoinMarketCap is now updated to included our Cryptopia listing

Great news should help bring more awareness to this amazing project!

Activity: 224
New algorithm

So am I

Thanks guys!

1) Core
Activity: 198

Thanks guys!
New algorithm

So am I
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
New algorithm

New algorithm
Jump to: