Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] Dfinity Network - The Decentralized Cloud - page 6. (Read 25299 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 10
Can someone tell me what happened with the fee for Airdrop? Why was it refunded and will we have to pay it again to be eligible to participate in the Airdrop or even if we got refunded we are still considered as eligible and qualified for the Airdrop?
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
I'd like to say thanks very much DFINITY for the airdrop and t-shirt Smiley
Distribution of 25mm CHF tokens to early supporters is very generous of you.
Wow! that's so cool, how many tokens were airdropped to each participant?

Between 100 CHF and 2500 CHF.

2500 only for really early participants
That's right, thanks.
If someone is interested, there is a post on reddit  with detailed information about airdrop allocations.
Activity: 686
Merit: 261

Between 100 CHF and 2500 CHF.

2500 only for really early participants
Activity: 251
Merit: 0
Activity: 728
Merit: 130
I think closer to the launch of the network, some people will forget about the project. But I think the project will not pay attention. It's good that you can pay for participation by cryptocurrency. It was very convenient for me.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
so free t-shirt is in fact not free, there is 7,5$ of fee if you add the 9$ for the airdrop

at final, if project is scam it will scam 16,5$ by user, right?

I could not agree more. If an airdrop is asking for money AND KYC, I think it is some kind of scam. They want both your money and your private information.

yes it will be good to have an offical answer about this questions ,but it seems we will don't have one

they are from the us, they have to do a kyc especially with the sec on their back
Activity: 392
Merit: 127
so free t-shirt is in fact not free, there is 7,5$ of fee if you add the 9$ for the airdrop

I could not agree more. If an airdrop is asking for money AND KYC, I think it is some kind of scam. They want both your money and your private information.

yes it will be good to have an offical answer about this questions ,but it seems we will don't have one
Activity: 490
Merit: 110

Activity: 392
Merit: 127

Activity: 588
Merit: 262
https://www.reddit.com/r/dfinity/comments/8nttnn/on_community_airdrop_allocations/

Today emails came to those who receive a DFN of 100 CHF.
Fri, June 8 - KYC closes | T shirt promotional codes will no longer work
Activity: 330
Merit: 12
Dear manager

have any bounty campain?

Well, I received the email, here is what I see:
To register, you’ll need to:

provide evidence of your identity, like a scan of your passport or other government-issued photo ID
pay a processing fee of $9.00 USD for compliance costs (credit cards or ETH accepted)

So, they are asking us to send them money for an airdrop!!!

well, they have to do a KYC and since they will not doing it by their own, it will be done by a third party. Its coinlist and the kyc process will take some fees.
Activity: 728
Merit: 130
I received an invitation to participate in this airdrop. I think that this project looks interesting. They decided to increase the number of coin holders although they could not do this.
Activity: 490
Merit: 110
Well, I received the email, here is what I see:
To register, you’ll need to:

provide evidence of your identity, like a scan of your passport or other government-issued photo ID
pay a processing fee of $9.00 USD for compliance costs (credit cards or ETH accepted)

So, they are asking us to send them money for an airdrop!!!
I advise everyone who is registered in the project to check email! Today I received a email from the DFINITY Airdrop with 100+ CHF and a gift from the project (free DFINITY t-shirt) and already successfully made the order and passed KYC!

Last emails will be sended today. Everyone should then have the invite email for the airdrop including the free shirt
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
I advise everyone who is registered in the project to check email! Today I received a email from the DFINITY Airdrop with 100+ CHF and a gift from the project (free DFINITY t-shirt) and already successfully made the order and passed KYC!
When the airdrop is planned? At the end of the year after the mainnet launch?

Yes Q4 or Q1 19

On Community Airdrop Allocations

https://i.redd.it/qcflvuxmxe111.jpg

With the DFINITY community airdrop fully underway, we wanted to take a moment to share with everyone some additional information on the distribution process. Thanks to everyone for the support!

What isn’t apparent to most community members is that DFINITY research & development dates back to mid-2015 and for the airdrop we took into account all supporters and contributors dating back to that early timeframe.

In addition, the recorded community dates back to February 2017 when DFINITY conducted it’s public seed round. Over the months we've engaged with community members on multiple channels, some were used so long ago they aren't even in use today.

We're thankful for all of the support we've seen for the project and all of the people who've signed up to follow the project but as stated in our initial announcement on the Airdrop, token allocation is not solely based on the date which a user signed up to the newsletter. Being an early supporter can and should be much more than hitting a subscribe button. With that, let's jump in!

There are 4 levels of CHF allocation (2,500, 1,000, 500, 100) in the airdrop and we examined 3 main community channels (each with a unique set of allocation rules) to allocate said tokens.

Slack

Slack was the first community channel utilized by DFINITY and was discontinued in mid 2017. All community members who were a part of this channel received and allocation of 1,000 CHF. Date of subscription was not a factor for this legacy community platform as these are all considered all early supporters.

Rocket Chat

Over the months, RC has become the premier channel for collaboration within the DFINITY community. Any user who joined RC between the day it was created and February 2018 AND verified their identity received an allocation of 1,000 CHF as a thank you for sharing ideas, creating groups and collaborating on the future of DFINITY. Any user who joined RC during this time but did not verify their account or had an inactive account received an allocation of 500 CHF.

What about the top tier?

The top allocation of 2,500 CHF was awarded to hundreds of early community members dating back to the 2015 inception of the project who have mostly contributed to the project in extraordinary ways. These are the community members that have assisted cryptographic research, white paper review, setting up meetups in their home cities, and more. Many of these people had not been rewarded to date for their time and efforts and we were happy to do so via the airdrop.

Newsletter

Again, we thank all of those who have chosen to join the The DFINITY newsletter. On this channel, allocations were rewarded based solely on the dates users signed up. The earliest community members up to July 2017 were rewarded 1,000 CHF, from July 2017 to Apr 3, 2018 - 500 CHF, from Apr 4, 2018 to May 30, 2018 - 100 CHF

What about Telegram, Twitter and Reddit?

These channels were not utilized inputs for community airdrop allocations. Although we value the conversations and discussions that happen on these channels as well, we have limited capacity to gauge the contributions of individuals, track the date on which they joined, or email members on these channels.

What's next?

DFINITY airdrop KYC/AML emails will continue to be delivered until June 3, 12 AM, PT. As a thank you to everyone who has been following the project, we'll be guaranteeing at least 500 CHF in allocation for anyone who has been following the project since 2017 and at least 100 CHF for anyone who has been following since 2018.

Starting Monday, June 4, we'll begin addressing community concerns and submitting supplemental allocations. If you did not receive a KYC/AML email and you should have, please reach out to an admin or moderator at this time. If you received an incorrect allocation outside of the guidelines listed above, you may also feel free to reach out.

Thank you again!

-Mike
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
When the airdrop is planned? At the end of the year after the mainnet launch?
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
S O A R . e a r t h
They are two different projects. Dfinity is building a block chain while sparkster is building a platform where people with no coding experience can code using basic commands.
But Dfinity seems to me to be the most promising project. People predict a rise in prices to the level of 10-20x. Unfortunately, aidrop is the only chance to get tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: