Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 166. (Read 450263 times)

legendary
Activity: 1276
Merit: 1001
A miner reported seeing "undefined" in several places on the duckpool.mooo.com page. Turns out the browser hadn't noticed the HTML page had changed, and was still using the old version it had cached. If you're seeing "undefined", try force reloading the page to get rid of the cache.

Thanks
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
 Roll Eyes We shouldn't shit the bed by making unreliable assumptions or even accusations based on no evidence whatsoever ,
let's focus only on the better results we need and explore more possibilities to add XDN also to other quality exchanges ,
avoiding those which already have proven to care little about their customers or even scammed them : Quality matters .

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Why is HitBit volume so high??  Is it fake?

A lot of HitBtc volume is certainly fake. Anyone who has traded on there (as I have and I speak from personal experience) can confirm this. It's quite obvious.

EDIT: Here is a post with many links documenting the fake HitBtc volume and other issues with that exchange:

Thanks for the heads up!!!

If I were the Dev of XDN, I certainly would ask to have my coin delisted by Hitbit...looks super scammish to me, based on all those links kindly forwarded to me.

Yes, due diligence in the Alt Coin world reveals so many wondrous things.

As a dev i think that more exchanges gives more XDN units decentralization, so we should have more exchanges and  exchange services with XDN support.

XDN is open,  anyone can build services around it and free market will decide.
Hello everyone!

As you may remember, the XDN Foundation has been running a fundraising campaign a couple of weeks ago. We have managed to collect 61.1 million XDN and now the Foundation is running an auction to exchange them into BTC for further use and to avoid crashing the price, which is associated with selling the whole lot on a public exchange.

You can visit the auction's thread to find more details: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/20m-digitalnote-xdn-auction-v20-1097352

If you're interested in participating - go ahead and register with me, I'll be checking my PM inbox on a regular basis.

Thank you for your time.

You definitely should start XDN-foundation group on http://digitalnotetalk.org to make your business clear and transparent.

XDN is open for everyone, but those who call itself "foundation" should  be transparent and clear.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy
Hello everyone!

As you may remember, the XDN Foundation has been running a fundraising campaign a couple of weeks ago. We have managed to collect 61.1 million XDN and now the Foundation is running an auction to exchange them into BTC for further use and to avoid crashing the price, which is associated with selling the whole lot on a public exchange.

You can visit the auction's thread to find more details: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/20m-digitalnote-xdn-auction-v20-1097352

If you're interested in participating - go ahead and register with me, I'll be checking my PM inbox on a regular basis.

Thank you for your time.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
scanned Win64 version. I got this virus warning:

Detection ratio:    1 / 56
Symantec    WS.Reputation.1    20150623

source: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/51c5942f4742c6d81801c6371f6896c7d1a15b5272966cdc7c604176f7e79e4c/analysis/
Activity: 177
Merit: 100

A lot of HitBtc volume is certainly fake. Anyone who has traded on there (as I have and I speak from personal experience) can confirm this. It's quite obvious.

EDIT: Here is a post with many links documenting the fake HitBtc volume and other issues with that exchange:

If I were the Dev of XDN, I certainly would ask to have my coin delisted by Hitbit...looks super scammish to me, based on all those links kindly forwarded to me.

Some more food for thought...

I just downloaded a csv of my XDN transactions from HitBTC to look into my history because in all honesty, I have had good results on that exchange trading a total of 112 BTC worth of XDN over 1077 transactions since July 22nd, 2014. That's an average of over three (close to pi) trades every day just from me. I for one do not want XDN delisted from any exchange. By the way, I donated XDN to three different addresses yesterday from what I earned trading.
Activity: 168

Activity: 29
Merit: 0
How do you lock the coins to the blockchain then? any guide or instructions on how to do so.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Thanks, you mentioned that hitbit was possibly faking their volume...do you have more info on that?

Is it mentioned in another thread on Bitcointalk?

Well, the thing I remember being linked to was on Reddit. I found this, but I don't think that's the one I had seen:

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/25mpbf/hitbtcs_volume_is_very_suspicious/

Now, I have no experience with them, so that's just hearsay (and even if I said I had, it's be hearsay for you Tongue)

LOL what a great link... yes food for thought indeed.
legendary
Thanks, you mentioned that hitbit was possibly faking their volume...do you have more info on that?

Well, the thing I remember being linked to was on Reddit. I found this, but I don't think that's the one I had seen:

http://www.reddit.com/r/BitcoinMarkets/comments/25mpbf/hitbtcs_volume_is_very_suspicious/

Now, I have no experience with them, so that's just hearsay (and even if I said I had, it's be hearsay for you Tongue)

I don't know about Hitbtc, but Poloniex shows their volume history. Click on "1 day" and "1 month" on the graphs, and you can see the daily volume for the last month. I'd say it averages about 2 bitcoins a day on Poloniex, very roughly, but with high variance.

I am looking at hitbit buy/sell order history of XDN in the last 24 hours, and there are hundreds of orders...is this the miners/pools selling their coins?

Sorry to be so inquisitive, its just I like to invest in alt coins that have some decent volume.
legendary
I don't know about Hitbtc, but Poloniex shows their volume history. Click on "1 day" and "1 month" on the graphs, and you can see the daily volume for the last month. I'd say it averages about 2 bitcoins a day on Poloniex, very roughly, but with high variance.
Out of the 2 you are currently listed on, HitBit and Poloniex, which one would you recommend?  Haven't joined either of those, but might enlist in one... just to be able to trade in XDN.

I would say Poloniex, unless you want to stay anonymous. Hitbtc was said to be possibly faking their volume, but Poloniex now requires your name and country to withdraw. Apart from that privacy thing, Poloniex seems quite trustworthy.

Thanks for the tip.

Speaking of fake volume, XDN is listed on HitBit as having $8K+ for 24 hour volume, while Poloniex shows $56 24H volume (using coinmarket values) ....does that sound right to you?

8k$ vs 56$ is not an average. As i usually can see it is ~ 6K$ vs 1.2K$.
I would say relatively high, compared with the second exchange.  I mean we compare only 2 here. High or not high? Schrodinger`s duck _0<

Certainly makes one pause for thought, on venerable  trail of crypto wisdom.. Smiley
Out of the 2 you are currently listed on, HitBit and Poloniex, which one would you recommend?  Haven't joined either of those, but might enlist in one... just to be able to trade in XDN.

I would say Poloniex, unless you want to stay anonymous. Hitbtc was said to be possibly faking their volume, but Poloniex now requires your name and country to withdraw. Apart from that privacy thing, Poloniex seems quite trustworthy.

Thanks for the tip.

Speaking of fake volume, XDN is listed on HitBit as having $8K+ for 24 hour volume, while Poloniex shows $56 24H volume (using coinmarket values) ....does that sound right to you?

8k$ vs 56$ is not an average. As i usually can see it is ~ 6K$ vs 1.2K$.
I would say relatively high, compared with the second exchange.  I mean we compare only 2 here. High or not high? Schrodinger`s duck _0<
Do you have plans to be listed on other exchanges, like Cryptsy? Out of the 2 you are currently listed on, HitBit and Poloniex, which one would you recommend?  Haven't joined either of those, but might enlist in one... just to be able to trade in XDN.
Best,
H.

Devs mainly work on XDN development. I am sure that other exchanges will include XDN in their list soon. Voting:

https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes
https://bter.com/voting

Cryptocurrency is about community and trust. It is driven by users and miners, developers just create an open-source implementation of their thoughts, but only community and free market will decide and vote and direct.

DigitalNote address is not like Bitcoin, because XDN is not a Bitcoin fork. In near future we will introduce OpenAlias for XDN addresses, so it will be like [email protected].

So far, some very generous souls have contributed to my XDN wallet.  

I find the messaging feature in the wallet very interesting. At last, here is a coin with some wallet innovation. The naming alias would be fantastic as well.  Also, could clue me in on what the main advantages are for "cryptonote" style coin, versus traditional bitcoin style?

Do you have plans to be listed on other exchanges, like Cryptsy? Out of the 2 you are currently listed on, HitBit and Poloniex, which one would you recommend?  Haven't joined either of those, but might enlist in one... just to be able to trade in XDN.

Best,
H.

For an addition information you can review DigitalNote XDN whitepaper http://digitalnote.org/whitepaper.pdf
Here are the main DigitalNote and CryptoNote features:

In general DigitalNote as well as CryptoNote itself is a truly anonymous cryptocurrency. Transactions can`t be tracked, or as we say all transactions are mixed. So it is an untraceable transfers. A true digital money.

Also DigitalNote uses CryptoNight proof-of-work mining algo, it is CPU-efficient and gives a real 1-CPU-1-VOTE model like a "true" Bitcoin should have imo.

Here are the key features of CryptoNote, so DigitalNote too.

But XDN-devs team made much more on the top of CryptoNote technology. Everything we do is a state-of-the-art development from scratch.

1. Untraceable encrypted messages introduced in XDN last autumn. Now messages are Instant. In general here are the key features of unique XDN messaging:
You can send an encrypted message, it will be stored in blockchain forever, but even the fact of any information sending is unknown and only recipient can decrypt it with his private keys. So when you send your message your wallet saves it, but if you will restore it from .keys your wallet will not know your message and can`t decrypt it from blockchain. Only recipient can. Most advanced way of blockchain encrypted communication here. Also similar to bank transaction comments.

2. Deposits with interest rate, based on blockchain. No other crypto has this bank alike feature on the top of blockchain. Now it is in XDN core, DarkNote -> DigitalNote Quantum Leap 2.0 was an update about that feature. You can`t deposit XDN with your wallet yet, we are working on it and in near week we will introduce wallet deposits. So users will make deposits with DigitalNote wallet.
Deposits are based on multi-signatures technology, also implemented in DigitalNote. Deposits interest rate varies and depends on lock time. Min lock time is ~ 1 month, max lock time is ~10 years. Average annual interest rate is 1%. Deposit is a factor of a new XDN units supply.  Deposited XDN units is not "active" and  can`t be transferred.   _o<  (and here the duck comes Smiley you can export your "private key" and send it with encrypted message, so at least you can share your deposits private keys ownership, but XDN is still locked)

3. DigitalNote has a unique to any other CryptoNote coin specifications, like original Bitcoin-alike block reward halving in the very first year to make XDN Libertarian Economy possible and ready for mass adoption.

4. DigitalNote devs implemented tons of minor features and improvements  for both network and wallets, including first CryptoNote GUI with pool miner inside, wallet messages implementation, moving blockchain out of RAM, etc etc etc.

Thanks for the tip.

legendary

Jump to: