Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 175. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
Logo? Contest?

There is a new logo.

EDIT: dnote beat me to it
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Logo? Contest?

We have some kind of icons set one you can see at the http://digitalnote.org
The same icons comes with digitalnotewallet.

But it is absolutely welcomed to change the logo on any better one. XDN-project is community driven, every contribution with idea is very important. one-cpu-one-vote. one-person-one-note. idealistic idea, but if only a part of it will be done it can make the world better  Wink
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Logo? Contest?
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
Funny , while writing up some obvious questions & making a minute break ,
I realised new posts had been flowing in at much greater pace than usual Lips sealed , by happenstance
leaving my questions answered already , I am only left to transmit my sincere congratulations for the XDN Team
which has proven once more to be audacious & innovative . Digital Note is here to stay in its many useful ways ,,,
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
#hardworkpaysoff
Thanks dNote.  You guys rock, it went perfectly and now I can see all my pretty XDN Smiley.  I actually just redownloaded Minergate so I think I'll start mining again (my original coins were all mined by me).  Great job guys, love the name change!
I haven't used a client since I made my original simplewallet with ducknote at some point last year.  Is there anything I need to make sure I do to ensure I keep my wallet safe for transfer to DigitalNote GUI QT?  LONG LIVE THE DUCK, I BELIEVE.

Sure. As always, all you need is your private keys. You should take any of your .keys file ever made with any XDN client including simplewallet and import in new DigitalNote wallet. That is it. And wait for network sync.

If you want to say thanks to development team and XDN-project you can contribute your hashrate power to make network much more secure and take some profit from DigitalNote mining.
XDN mining is ASIC resistant and made to be efficient on average PC or laptop. One-cpu-one-vote. Thank you.

The thing is that DigitalNote cryptography uses 64bit logic, so "native" low level software solution, like digitalnotewallet should work with 64bit platform.
Later any user of any platform, including mobile platforms will be able to use both web and mobile application digitalnote wallets.
We still are at the very early steps of XDN life, but it is already time-tested. Community around XDN and everything that was made by XDN-project development team will push DigitalNote further forward much faster.
By the way source code of new wallet is open, so you can compile it for any platform.  
Activity: 278
#hardworkpaysoff
I haven't used a client since I made my original simplewallet with ducknote at some point last year.  Is there anything I need to make sure I do to ensure I keep my wallet safe for transfer to DigitalNote GUI QT?  LONG LIVE THE DUCK, I BELIEVE.
Activity: 461
congrats on the move to DigitalNote. Name is much better for long term success.
So this is the new thread as the other is locked now?
Can we transfer our xdn from darknote wallet to digitalnote wallet or just move the wallet.dat?

In the old GUI you have the option to show private key under the backup tab. Use this private key to import into the QT like you would with any other.

Thanks. Key imported and wallet syncing now, lets see what happens Smiley

Wallet is a full network node node. It will make XDN P2P network grow very fast. In near release we will implement a miner from an old XDN wallet. So any user will be able to mine XDN with new wallet on pool. Messages are instant, as well as transactions notifications. You can see transaction, before it is included in block.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Can we transfer our xdn from darknote wallet to digitalnote wallet or just move the wallet.dat?

In the old GUI you have the option to show private key under the backup tab. Use this private key to import into the QT like you would with any other.

Thanks. Key imported and wallet syncing now, lets see what happens Smiley

1. Old wallets are working, but it is strongly advised to move to new QT wallet.  So one way to move funds to a new wallet is to move it with XDN network. But in that case you should pay transaction fee. Fee is very small, but any way you can avoid it and make things much easier.

2. You are good with any kind of your private keys. Your .keys file as well as exported "paper wallet format" private keys can be imported in to the new wallet. Just wait until network sync and you are ready to go. Very fast.

Thank you.

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
All DigitalNote software is Open Source and release under the MIT license and you can find it on official XDN-project github
http://github.com/xdn-project
Can you explain more on the Digital Interest? So POS in a sense? Is there a time factor for locking these deposits, can they be unlocked at any time?

As for now i will give you a short explanation, later i will answer all questions. Also you can check the whitepaper http://digitalnote.org/whitepaper.pdf

DigitalNote blockchain deposits is a new unique instance.
There is no other cryptocurrency with such approach.
In fact we just implemented blockchain based private banking system functionality. Later, mass users will understand today’s move.

Some facts about XDN deposits:
1. DigitalNote can be locked to deposit account associated with your private keys. Locked XDN can`t be unlocked, until the end of the lock time. Min lock time is about 1 month (11000 blocks), max is about 10 years (12*11000*10 blocks)
2. DigitalNote deposit is a semi-anonymous instance - still much more anonymous than Bitcoin - but amount of "locked" DigitalNotes can be counted by any XDN network user. So active XDN in circulation (non "locked" XDN) can will decrease with users deposits.
3. That semi-anonymous structure of deposits gives an opportunity to implement Proof-of-Stake alike solutions based on CryptoNote technology. In fact DigitalNote is the only CryptoNote based cryptocurrency with the possibility of truly secure PoS alike element.
4. Deposits are the source of "new" XDN generation, like mined XDN. Maximum XDN amount is still the 6th perfect number.
5. Proof-of-activity, not Proof-of-stake is a good definition of future deposits use.
6. In terms of mining algo DigitalNote will always be Proof-of-work cryptocurrency with CPU-efficient mining process and constant 150XDN mining reward. Proof-of-activity element will be implemented based on deposits in addition to Proof-of-work, to make XDN network the most secure.
7. Deposit annual interest rate varies from ~ 0.4 to 1.094%. ~ 1% annual interest rate for ~1 year deposit. For example if you will lock 1000 XDN for 1 year you will receive 1010 XDN after lock expires.

More questions = more answers. We are in rush with updates. Thank you.
Can you explain more on the Digital Interest? So POS in a sense? Is there a time factor for locking these deposits, can they be unlocked at any time?

Sure, in a few seconds, we are working on update, sorry for inconvenience.
Jump to: