Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 171. (Read 450263 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
Error report:

Yesterday I imported an old wallet and the balance imported was fine. Then I closed the DigitalNote Wallet 1.01-beta and reopened it and the balance was zero. I said to myself nevermind I'll reimport my old wallet when I need it.

Well next thing I also mined a few XDNs yesterday and after that closed the wallet. Today I opened the wallet again and the balance is zero.

Upon closing it says "DigitalNote is saving data".

Obviously that's not the case so what's going on here?

Can you please provide some addition information.
First i must ask if you are importing old .wallet file or old .keys file.

There is NO compatibility between old .wallet file and new .wallet file, because old wallet and new wallet = 2 different XDN clients.  Like Bitcoin has native QT and lots of other type of clients. . wallet file in case of DigitalNote contains your private key + some additional information, like your outgoing transfers, or messages transfers. Remember. XDN messages can only be decrypted by recipient, in case you as a sender will not save your outgoing messages, you can`t backup it from .keys, only from .wallet. So sender actually can only remember, but if forget, never can backup his message, while recipient can read his message (or incoming transaction) any time he can connect to blockchain, because messages are in blockchain, but encrypted with the state-of-the-art cryptography.

But .keys file contain only your private key and is and will always be cross platform and you will be able to import it in any client. You private key is all you need to operate DigitalNote.

The way to migrate across different clients is just to import your .keys file and to wait until sync.

So i ask you, if you imported your old .keys file or your old .wallet file?

Much appreciate any bug reports, remember XDN is open source and is still in Beta, it works good, but lots of thing to be done and any bug or use case report will be very useful.

I "File\Open Wallet" myoldwallet, not "File\Import Key"

Here's what it did. Even if the old and new wallets are not compatible the new Client read my old wallet just fine. The balance and everything was correct. I had no new wallet, I just had the old wallet from the previous Client. After doing the "Open Wallet" command it was fine until closing the new Client.

Anyways, fast forward, I just did "Import private key" and everything is fine even after closing the Client.

Edit: WTF. After 3 times closing/opening the client the balance is zero again.
Activity: 896
How does XDN cap at 8 589 869 056 in case where large proportion of network stakes for long periods of time?

Time of the entire XDN distribution and reaching max xdn value is much closer, than 77 years, but any way we make a system architecture to be decentralized and "self-maintenance". In general the idea is to keep 150 block reward for miners forever, but still have max XDN number.
You may ask how  Huh
"Burning money"  Wink

Oh, I am. I'm only burning my half. [throws the Chechen's cigar onto the money, setting it ablaze] All you care about is money.
Joker

Seriously, lets burn like half of a fee to reenter XDN in to the main supply. This can be started when need, miners will anyway have their Proof-of-work reward, but the idea is to go to the Proof-of-activity design to make network the most secure Proof-of-work alike solution and further more energy efficient in terms of network protection.

Error report:

Yesterday I imported an old wallet and the balance imported was fine. Then I closed the DigitalNote Wallet 1.01-beta and reopened it and the balance was zero. I said to myself nevermind I'll reimport my old wallet when I need it.

Well next thing I also mined a few XDNs yesterday and after that closed the wallet. Today I opened the wallet again and the balance is zero.

Can you please provide some addition information.
First i must ask if you are importing old .wallet file or old .keys file.

There is NO compatibility between old .wallet file and new .wallet file, because old wallet and new wallet = 2 different XDN clients.  Like Bitcoin has native QT and lots of other type of clients. . wallet file in case of DigitalNote contains your private key + some additional information, like your outgoing transfers, or messages transfers. Remember. XDN messages can only be decrypted by recipient, in case you as a sender will not save your outgoing messages, you can`t backup it from .keys, only from .wallet. So sender actually can only remember, but if forget, never can backup his message, while recipient can read his message (or incoming transaction) any time he can connect to blockchain, because messages are in blockchain, but encrypted with the state-of-the-art cryptography.

But .keys file contain only your private key and is and will always be cross platform and you will be able to import it in any client. You private key is all you need to operate DigitalNote.

The way to migrate across different clients is just to import your .keys file and to wait until sync.

So i ask you, if you imported your old .keys file or your old .wallet file?

Much appreciate any bug reports, remember XDN is open source and is still in Beta, it works good, but lots of thing to be done and any bug or use case report will be very useful.

Remember, new DigitalNote wallet is an open-source software, so you don`t need even to download a wallet from any link, you can build your own from the source code on the official XDN-project github repo https://github.com/xdn-project and be sure in safety and security, at least while building it.
Hi,
First of all, i am really sorry for answers delays, we are very busy this days due to high volume of contacts with the cryptocurrency enthusiast.
all new pool owners, thank you very much for your support with the spreading XDN hashrate. Please, let me know your XDN address (via PM) for some dev donation.
I will try to answer all questions step by step, sorry for the delay in answers,  because of hard dev work with new XDN features implementation.

Much appreciate all community work with pushing XDN to a new level with adoption of payment platforms, new exchanges and markets.

Thank you.
Activity: 994
Merit: 500
i would suggest re-importing and when prompted to choose wallet location, choose the digitalnote wallet.dat

Dev, can you comment? (give dev time as i believe he is in a sleeping time zone)

I believe you are correct in saying this. By default it's looking toward the roaming/digitalnote directory for wallets and if its not saved over then it's just the original one that was created on first open. So considering they replace that one with the imported keys, they should be fine the next time it opens.
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
i would suggest re-importing and when prompted to choose wallet location, choose the digitalnote wallet.dat

Dev, can you comment? (give dev time as i believe he is in a sleeping time zone)
legendary
Error report:
Did you import private keys or just move wallet.dat? I was able to import private keys without any problems.

Note to Everyone: Please remember to encrypt new wallet as importing private keys only moves your balance.

@ Dev: in wallet mining working great, nice work  Cool

Coin balance was correct when I "File/Open wallet" then I closed the program and reopened it showed zero. So does this "Open wallet" command not import it properly? Just open it and then it forgets about it?

Anyways even if the above procedure isn't correct - where are the mined coins now?

Transaction history also shows nothing, as if the importing nor the mining never happened.
legendary
Error report:
Did you import private keys or just move wallet.dat? I was able to import private keys without any problems.

Note to Everyone: Please remember to encrypt new wallet as importing private keys only moves your balance.

@ Dev: in wallet mining working great, nice work  Cool

legendary
Simple Lessons:

1) never DL from re-posted links. never ever.

Now, someone DOX barrystyle and lets pay him/her a visit.
Activity: 278
Merit: 250
#hardworkpaysoff
You should consider deleting the trojan link altogether from your quote so people don't have a chance at clicking it.  Eh or maybe the big WARNING is enough.  Poor people...barrystyle you're an asshole.
Activity: 476
Hi all!

New pool available!
http://largoteam.com

minerd -a cryptonight -o stratum+tcp://largoteam.com:3333 -u YOUR_WALLET_ADDRESS -p x
Great to see new pools here!
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
New version of DigitalNote wallet with miner and QR code support. 1.0.1-beta
Keeping hard work for XDN DigitalNote.

DigitalNote wallet (Graphical QT wallet) new version 1.0.1-beta

Windows
https://mega.nz/#!i50GwIKY!fLGrku356rKp3t0HNfCqUsEztv8yTnmpTzuM4PamYiU

Solid update dev! Smiley

Just updated my client, went smoothly.
Thank you

WARNING! Real URL to windows wallet is different than original one from dev, and virustotal detects trojan.

Great You pointed out this attempt to fuck some people over their precious XDN's !
I am writing this for clarification , dNote's original link is the only one you should click on .
It is clear ' barrystyle ' did alter the link address in his quote which leads to an exploit :  

Don't go here : https ://mega.co.nz/#!qlM3iYyR!PewGuiKrrdg4RZeBK70s09WmL2xoan-W6O_Bh9UHnuo

… it poses as being legit in the previously mentioned post but it is NOT leading to the correct wallet place :

Only dNote's link https://mega.nz/#!i50GwIKY!fLGrku356rKp3t0HNfCqUsEztv8yTnmpTzuM4PamYiU is the trustworthy  source for the new Windows wallet ,
if you clicked to download the wallet on a quoted link and an encouraging thank you message it is possible that you were mislead to fall for a malicious trap .

I suggest we point out the author of that malicious quote with the altered link and request a ban and prosecution of the bad intentioned user ' barrystyle ' ∞
Activity: 74
Merit: 10
New version of DigitalNote wallet with miner and QR code support. 1.0.1-beta
Keeping hard work for XDN DigitalNote.

DigitalNote wallet (Graphical QT wallet) new version 1.0.1-beta

Windows

Solid update dev! Smiley

Just updated my client, went smoothly.
Thank you

WARNING! Real URL to windows wallet is different than original one from dev, and virustotal detects trojan.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
DigitalNote: because you deserve privacy
Emily (ShapeShift)
Jun 9, 22:47

Thanks for reaching out. I have added DigitalNote to our discovery list and our development team will look into them when they begin to decide on the next coins to add. We receive several dozen requests a day for new coins to be added so can not assure you we will add XDN, but we will for sure look into it and see if it makes sense for us to add at this time. Any new coins we add will be announced on our social media channels as well as via our email list. Please feel free to connect:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shapeshiftexchange

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io

Google +: google.com/+ShapeshiftIo

Newsletter Sign-up: http://eepurl.com/bdbzO1

Thanks so much for leaving us the recommendation!

Thanks, babybonobo. I tried to reached them about a month ago and received almost the same answer  Sad
But I hope they'll see that XDN is doing well these days and will add it to their service.
Activity: 269
Merit: 252
Emily (ShapeShift) Jun 9, 22:47 Thanks for reaching out. I have added DigitalNote to our discovery list … ,,, … Thanks so much for leaving us the recommendation !
Well Done & Thank You/babybonobo ; I am sure that at some point many more smart & wise ones will discover how good XDN really is
, and we will grow into new domains at even faster pace , however : we are right on track just trying to add more services & markets . Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
Error report:

Too bad :-(.

I've just close and re-open DigitalNote wallet 1.0.1 beta and no problem : my 1 XDN is alway here. It's my precious :-).
legendary
Error report:

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1046
So easy and fast, why doesn't every coin have this ability?  Grin  Leave it to the duck.
+ 1 :-) !

With de duck, the payment threshold is 10 or 100 XDN (both are written) ?
Activity: 278
#hardworkpaysoff
Emily (ShapeShift)
Jun 9, 22:47

Thanks for reaching out. I have added DigitalNote to our discovery list and our development team will look into them when they begin to decide on the next coins to add. We receive several dozen requests a day for new coins to be added so can not assure you we will add XDN, but we will for sure look into it and see if it makes sense for us to add at this time. Any new coins we add will be announced on our social media channels as well as via our email list. Please feel free to connect:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shapeshiftexchange

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io

Google +: google.com/+ShapeshiftIo

Newsletter Sign-up: http://eepurl.com/bdbzO1

Thanks so much for leaving us the recommendation!
Jump to: