Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 99. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 649
Merit: 500
Big hashrate is evil.

I had 12-15K coins daily @ MG before hardfork.
Today I mined just 240 coins only Sad

Seems XDN at next rebranding will get name "UnObtainium" Sad

I often guess why miners still sell XDN while current rate is so tiny?

Rate should increase x100 to the maining remain profitable a little bit.............

So you are complaining because you don't have 20% of the hashrate anymore?  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Excuse my ignorance --- it takes much longer time to mine one XDN, is it due to the hard fork?

Yes. The hardfork enabled merge mining, so now minergate is mining XDN with the entirety of their Monero hashrate, and probably collecting 99% of all XDN block rewards. Not sure how many Monero miners on minergate are requesting XDN or if it's automatically setup to reward them. There's no open source software for merge mining pools though, so I think at this point minergate just gets all the coins.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Excuse my ignorance --- it takes much longer time to mine one XDN, is it due to the hard fork?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Big hashrate is evil.

Rate should increase x100 to the maining remain profitable a little bit.............

Apparently, you are unfamiliar with the concept of inflation. If the supply of coins increases at a much faster rate than the demand for it, then the value of the coin will eventually decrease to somehow balance it. That's why a lot of high-quantity coins have a hard time organically increasing in value when there is no merchant support backing them either. The point of decentralized mining was always to give everyone an equal amount of opportunity to get coins while safeguarding the blockchain from malicious parties.

The generation rate of coins is not going to be increased just because a single miner can no longer monopolize the coins for himself. In fact, that you had been monopolizing it to a large extent for so long is a good reason to support the further increase of the hashrate.

Was thinking the same on number of coins generated - lets hope that the hash rate changes turn into a price increase. If so, its win/win all round, especially for the bag holders =)
Activity: 399
Merit: 257
Big hashrate is evil.

Apparently, you are unfamiliar with the concept of inflation. If the supply of coins increases at a much faster rate than the demand for it, then the value of the coin will eventually decrease to somehow balance it. That's why a lot of high-quantity coins have a hard time organically increasing in value when there is no merchant support backing them either. The point of decentralized mining was always to give everyone an equal amount of opportunity to get coins while safeguarding the blockchain from malicious parties.

The generation rate of coins is not going to be increased just because a single miner can no longer monopolize the coins for himself. In fact, that you had been monopolizing it to a large extent for so long is a good reason to support the further increase of the hashrate.
eeX
Activity: 961
Soldo.IN [SLD]
Big hashrate is evil.

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

Also, download links on the webpage still remain switched! Why is dev not fixing this simple issue? Its affecting the image of the coin in a negative way.
When you press to download client wallet, it gives you GUI wallet instead. When you click for GUI wallet download, it gives you client wallet instead.

The links have been fixed for a day or two now. Did you try refreshing the page? It should say Console (left) and GUI (right) above the correct links now.
Activity: 166
Merit: 101
I don't find .log file inside dnote folder  Huh
Tried deleting the existing DigitalNote wallet and re-installed, same issue. Exits after loading blockchain.

Windows 7 x64

Also, download links on the webpage still remain switched! Why is dev not fixing this simple issue? Its affecting the image of the coin in a negative way.
When you press to download client wallet, it gives you GUI wallet instead. When you click for GUI wallet download, it gives you client wallet instead.

I need these answered, dev.  Lips sealed
Hi!
Not sure where you try to download the files, but at http://digitalnote.org/#download its work fine!
You have tried to minimize the wallet while starting?

Ohh, sorry! You mean the links to GitHub!  Smiley

Activity: 477
I don't find .log file inside dnote folder  Huh
Tried deleting the existing DigitalNote wallet and re-installed, same issue. Exits after loading blockchain.

Windows 7 x64

I need these answered, dev.  Lips sealed
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
The hastrate is increased x5 in last 24 hours.
Any new pools with merge mining?

Nightmare!!!

The rate should rise at least x10-x20 if we want to have some income from mining.

What does it mean? Why do people mine it while it's very cheap?
eeX
Soldo.IN [SLD]
The hastrate is increased x5 in last 24 hours.
Any new pools with merge mining?

Nightmare!!!

The rate should rise at least x10-x20 if we want to have some income from mining.
eeX
Soldo.IN [SLD]
Is the GUI wallet mining without choosing the mining button?

When I use the wallet, it is showing around 25-35% CPU usage. The CPU fan got noticeably louder.

Can somebody please explain why this is?

It's OK, nothing to worry about really.

Ha caмoм дeлe вcё пpocтo.

Peчь, кaк я пoнял, пpo GUI кoшeль?

Этo кoшeлёк в ceбe coдepжит и дeмoн блoкчeйнa и нeпocpeдcтвeннo кoшeль.
Пoкa кoшeль нe cинxpoнизиpoвaн, oн cкaчивaeт из ceти блoки и пытaeтcя pacшифpoвaть кaждый блoк cвoим ключoм, чтoбы пoнять, нe eмy ли этoт блoк пpeднaзнaчeн.
Кaк тoлькo вce блoки бyдy пpoвepeны, нaгpyзкa yпaдёт, т.к. нoвый блoк пoявляeтcя пpимepнo paз в 5 минyт.

Пpocтo дeмoн чeйнa (кoнcoльный), бeз кoшeля, тyпo cкaчивaeт блoки и зaпиcывaeт нa диcк - нaгpyзки пoчти нeт...
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1059
FROSTING
Hey guys! Just wanted to tell than XMR+XDN mining is now available on MinerGate.
If you are using our software, upgrade to the version 6.6 and restart the app to access it.

If you are using supported alternative miners, use this URL to connect:

stratum+tcp://xdn-xmr.pool.minergate.com:45790
Is your wallet synchronized? My task manager shows 0% CPU utilization when the wallet is open (synchronized).
25% mining with one core
47% mining with two cores
68% mining with three cores
70% mining with four cores

Hi, thanks for the reply. No, it's not synchronized. I didn't want to keep it running until I knew what was going on. I found it strange to be using so much CPU while synchronizing, as other wallets I've used (for other coins) haven't needed so much CPU just to synchronize.

I worried it was pool mining on a low intensity or something. I know there's concerns about network security, so got paranoid that it'd been coded to mine for anyone who installs it (to help the network), and that somebody else might be receiving the reward.

If that's totally wrong, then I apologise to the devs.

It's the Windows 64-bit version I'm using, by the way.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100

When I use the wallet, it is showing around 25-35% CPU usage. The CPU fan got noticeably louder.

I don't usually post (hence the new account), but I needed an answer for this. My first instinct was that it is mining without consent, and has led me not to trust the wallet.

Is your wallet synchronized? My task manager shows 0% CPU utilization when the wallet is open (synchronized).
25% mining with one core
47% mining with two cores
68% mining with three cores
70% mining with four cores

I don't usually post (hence the new account), but I needed an answer for this. My first instinct was that it is mining without consent, and has led me not to trust the wallet.
Does the miner from the wallet actually work? i run it of a while but i have never received any xdn
Hi!
Yes, works fine for me. Not sure for what pool your mine, xdn.poolto.be is down at the moment.
They are working on the update.
Activity: 597
Does the miner from the wallet actually work? i run it of a while but i have never received any xdn
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
I guess it just seems rushed since you broke all the exchanges and non-minergate pools...

Open source pools, maybe, but i tell you exchanges just need to update the daemon+wallet, no changes in API. By the way are you sure exchanges are broken? I thought after hardfork they switched fine, am i wrong?
You can do solo. Solo is the best solution for the strong network. Next thing we will provide (hope this week) is XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner.
It is not a big deal to add some stratum software to upcoming XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner to connect dozens of servers and GPU rigs.
After that, we will add mm support in pools, but i really hope someone will do it for us.

I like solo mining too.

But I dream to connect all my miners together to some kind of pool-similar software.
I don't need complicated soft but simple one with a single task - just to divide a blocks calculation among all my miners.

And it must work in Windows....
Hi!
Best would be a solution that does not need a pool. If it were possible.
If in some countries the pool is now to report its data to the financial office, this is the weakest point in the network.
In the worst case, a pool already has the address of the wallet, an ip address and an email address.
Pages:
Jump to: