Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] DigitalNote |XDN| - ICCO Announce - NEWS - page 98. (Read 450263 times)

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Still not able to open GUI wallet on windows x64, and also I didnt find no .log file in the directory

Please don't do that, make your text smaller. Read forum, there is an info about log location!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Nobody need XDN - most of peoples played with BTC and ZEC Sad
No, I believe developers of XDN.
Lets see where things go, price is about the level it was when I first started investing in XDN, but BTC price was much higher then - I guess time will tell in which direction the price swings - I'm hoping that it will be positive - but at least now there is a great price for new people to get involved with the coin. Just hoping most of the miners haven't run a mile after the block reward per hash reducing so much/
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
No, I believe developers of XDN.
Activity: 477
Merit: 250
Still not able to open GUI wallet on windows x64, and also I didnt find no .log file in the directory
eeX
Activity: 961
Merit: 500
Soldo.IN [SLD]
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
There has been a bit of a drop in the XDN price today - any idea why? Do you think its got anything to do with the hardfork?
No liquidity, no news, and BTC rises
legendary
There has been a bit of a drop in the XDN price today - any idea why? Do you think its got anything to do with the hardfork?
Activity: 98
Hello peeps,

I've got a problem with the latest version of graphical XDN wallet for OSx.

Everytime I try to open it doesn't.

My current OSx version is 10.12.1

I was suggested "logs". I'm not familiar with this kind of things.

What exactly I have to do to fix this problem?

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Do you see an error message when you attempt to start the GUI?
Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

Basically, when I click on XDN app, it says "loading blockchain" and after a few seconds the app disappears.

This started to happen after I downloaded the newest wallet.

Check the log file - for Mac it should be found under
~/Library/Application Support/XDN/ or ~/Library/Application Support/DigitalNote/

or something similar (I don't run a XDN wallet, or a mac myself, so not 100% sure of the directory)

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory#Mac

The usual procedure when upgrading a wallet is to backup the wallet.dat file, and remove everything EXCEPT the wallet.dat from your folder - be very careful you keep a copy of the wallet.dat as you can lose all your coins if you lose or delete it.
It's not even present on~/Library/Application Support/DigitalNote/.

I tried on another mac that has never had XDN wallet on.

I went to the official website and downloaded the new wallet on my friend's mac and it appears the same problem. It crashes after a few seconds that you click on to open.

On this other mac too the XDN app is not present on library.

Considering that my mac was working fine with the previous XDN wallet... I now wonder if this is a case of not compatibility between the newest XDN wallet and and the latest macOS version?!

You probably need to let the wallet finish syncing in the background. I have seen this happen with other cryptocurrencies as well when loading a new copy of the blockchain. It can take a day or two.
Well, I doubt that is the case.

I checked the activity monitor on my mac and when XDN wallet crashes, it disappear from AM too.

If you think that even if it crashes it keeps syncing in the background, well, with my mac the sync takes only a few hours, not a day or two.

Since I'm having this problem for a couple of weeks or so, I guess this is not the case.

I'll find some other solutions, though.

BTW what ShapeShift answered you concerning XDN?
legendary
Can someone explain me the cryptology behind wrong dates being used like "mid Summer 2015."
Apparently and HF occurred somewhere Nov 2016

Hardfork height is 317 950
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/commit/7a321b7a85d41263f33c35c6c69d9a1256d677db

This commit was made "xdn-project committed Nov 8, 2016"

So why the thread is filled with 2015 date?

Huh
I see 898 instances of '2016' om that page and see 0 instances of '2015' on above page.

I also took a look earlier and couldn't see a single reference to 2015 - maybe skironDotNet  can elaborate a bit more on what problem he is seeing.
Activity: 177
Merit: 100
Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

Basically, when I click on XDN app, it says "loading blockchain" and after a few seconds the app disappears.

~/Library/Application Support/XDN/ or ~/Library/Application Support/DigitalNote/

or something similar (I don't run a XDN wallet, or a mac myself, so not 100% sure of the directory)

The usual procedure when upgrading a wallet is to backup the wallet.dat file, and remove everything EXCEPT the wallet.dat from your folder - be very careful you keep a copy of the wallet.dat as you can lose all your coins if you lose or delete it.

I went to the official website and downloaded the new wallet on my friend's mac and it appears the same problem. It crashes after a few seconds that you click on to open.

Considering that my mac was working fine with the previous XDN wallet... I now wonder if this is a case of not compatibility between the newest XDN wallet and and the latest macOS version?!

You probably need to let the wallet finish syncing in the background. I have seen this happen with other cryptocurrencies as well when loading a new copy of the blockchain. It can take a day or two.
Can someone explain me the cryptology behind wrong dates being used like "mid Summer 2015."
Apparently and HF occurred somewhere Nov 2016

Hardfork height is 317 950
https://github.com/xdn-project/digitalnote/commit/7a321b7a85d41263f33c35c6c69d9a1256d677db

This commit was made "xdn-project committed Nov 8, 2016"

So why the thread is filled with 2015 date?

Huh
I see 898 instances of '2016' om that page and see 0 instances of '2015' on above page.
Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

legendary
Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hi Starmman,

I don't see any error.

legendary
Hello peeps,

Regards

Hi Gianni,

Hello peeps,

Regards
legendary
Interesting. I'm surprised they aren't much higher percentage, since afaik they are the only ones with a public mergemine pool. Guess there must be some private pool merge miners.

Yes, there must be. I am looking forward to the XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner release where I can try to set up my own personal stratum with a separate pool to follow. It looks like most of the Monero miners are currently missing out on the bonus of merged mining with a worldwide Monero hashrate of 31MH/s while the rest of the cryptonotes have about 3MH/s.

You can do solo. Solo is the best solution for the strong network. Next thing we will provide (hope this week) is XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner.
It is not a big deal to add some stratum software to upcoming XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner to connect dozens of servers and GPU rigs.
After that, we will add mm support in pools, but i really hope someone will do it for us.

I'm certainly enjoying the merged mining so far. Does anybody know if its possible to merge mine with more than two currencies? would be awesome if that was possible =)
Interesting. I'm surprised they aren't much higher percentage, since afaik they are the only ones with a public mergemine pool. Guess there must be some private pool merge miners.

Yes, there must be. I am looking forward to the XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner release where I can try to set up my own personal stratum with a separate pool to follow. It looks like most of the Monero miners are currently missing out on the bonus of merged mining with a worldwide Monero hashrate of 31MH/s while the rest of the cryptonotes have about 3MH/s.

You can do solo. Solo is the best solution for the strong network. Next thing we will provide (hope this week) is XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner.
It is not a big deal to add some stratum software to upcoming XDN/FCN-ANYCRYPTONOTE Solo miner to connect dozens of servers and GPU rigs.
After that, we will add mm support in pools, but i really hope someone will do it for us.

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Excuse my ignorance --- it takes much longer time to mine one XDN, is it due to the hard fork?

Yes. The hardfork enabled merge mining, so now minergate is mining XDN with the entirety of their Monero hashrate, and probably collecting 99% of all XDN block rewards. Not sure how many Monero miners on minergate are requesting XDN or if it's automatically setup to reward them. There's no open source software for merge mining pools though, so I think at this point minergate just gets all the coins.

Yes, I think merged mining is working well for DigitalNote's security. Looking into https://minergate.com/ I see their pool currently has about 20% of the hashrate with 847 miners in their pool when writing this. 520kH/s worldwide with 107kH/s coming from their pool. There is a lot of informative stats available on their homepage by following the above link.

Before the XDN fork I had only one I5 CPU dedicated to XDN. Now I have switched most of my mining rigs to merged mining between XMR/FCN and XMR/ FCN now helping to secure three coins with a bigger hashrate instead of two. Essentially. all of my GPUs have now doubled their hashrate.

I still would like to set up my own pool if I ever get a chance to learn how.
Pages:
Jump to: