Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 157. (Read 1260595 times)

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
If I'm running the qt wallet... can I still access the daemon for queries?

I'd like to have the qt wallet running and staking, but also be able to make queries via the command line from a script. How can I accomplish this?
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Minted 43 dmd last night and it's saying they are unconfirmed the a question mark ? Next to it. What does that mean? Have I lost them?
keep trying

When an orphan block occurs via proof of stake mining, it is because another block inside DMD Diamond network staked at the same time and the blockchain accepted the other block's stake rather than your stake. The PoS transaction in the QT client will show 0 confirmations, and only exists in your own client and is not recorded to the blockchain. If you get an orphan, simply keep your wallet as is and your DMD will remain competing for stake.

not sure i fully understand how it works.. so if i leave the wallet open it will eventually appear?

the try to claim a POS block did fail (0 confirms) thats a so called orphan block that got not included in blockchain
the coin pile that create this POS block dedect that its not accepted and will try again
so u should see a similar reward successful claimed soon which was in fact just the next try of same coin pile to claim POS rewards

yes just keep wallet open in POS mode
legendary
got another question too. how do i mine DMD on mac? I've tried some apps but some are command line which I'm not sure how to use. is there a standard app for mac?

forget mining diff is crazy high and mining ends in 14 days

focus on the future DMDv3 with POS and masternodes
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
got another question too. how do i mine DMD on mac? I've tried some apps but some are command line which I'm not sure how to use. is there a standard app for mac?
Minted 43 dmd last night and it's saying they are unconfirmed the a question mark ? Next to it. What does that mean? Have I lost them?
keep trying

When an orphan block occurs via proof of stake mining, it is because another block inside DMD Diamond network staked at the same time and the blockchain accepted the other block's stake rather than your stake. The PoS transaction in the QT client will show 0 confirmations, and only exists in your own client and is not recorded to the blockchain. If you get an orphan, simply keep your wallet as is and your DMD will remain competing for stake.

not sure i fully understand how it works.. so if i leave the wallet open it will eventually appear?
legendary
Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046
Here we go again
We will prlly start with  nodes worth arround 100k usd.

Thats nice AF.
Being a believer since the early days really starts to pay off.
Funny when you look back.
legendary
keep trying

legendary
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013
DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/
I just got into minting/mining DMD. The question now is, what errors can a newbie like me do while minting/using the wallet software which can cause me to loose some/all my DMD? While staking? While sending/receiving money? This is probably a very stupid question but how hacker proof is the DMD wallet/ecosystem?

It is very difficult to make a mistake that can lead to loss of coins.
The most important thing that you should know is that when you first start up your wallet creates a wallet.dat file in which your coins will be located.
After creating it, you must set a strong password and immediately after that, make a backup copy of the file wallet.dat
After this more, you do not have to worry.

If you have any other questions related to the current DMD v 2.0 wallet, you can get acquainted with the questions and answers on this page https://diamond-info.github.io/dmd_info.html
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Activity: 10
Merit: 0
I just got into minting/mining DMD. The question now is, what errors can a newbie like me do while minting/using the wallet software which can cause me to loose some/all my DMD? While staking? While sending/receiving money? This is probably a very stupid question but how hacker proof is the DMD wallet/ecosystem?
legendary
Hello,

So, if I got it right, there will be absolutely no mining on the V3 and only wallet with 10 000 DMD can be masternodes, right ?

No.
Any user who has a small DMD will be able to receive revenue through POS minting.
But if you are talking about POW mining, then yes, it part will no longer be.
POW mining this is old technology that consumes a huge amount of resources and is harmful to the environment.
Diamond is a coin with support for green technologies  Smiley

legendary
Hello,

So, if I got it right, there will be absolutely no mining on the V3 and only wallet with 10 000 DMD can be masternodes, right ?

there will be POS too!
even small owner of DMD can partocipate there and earn themself additional DMD
starting from around 200-300 DMD it make sense run a 24/7 POS node in DMD network
the more DMD the more often u will find a POS  block and earn rewards

check out whitepaper for details:
https://bit.diamonds/DMD_WP_1.0.pdf

Activity: 756
Merit: 103
Hello,

legendary
How many coins for a Masternode plz
For one Masternode, you must have 10,000 DMD
What is the rewards for the masternodes like? Is it still profitable to run a masternode at the current prices?

Certainly it is beneficial.
According to approximate calculations, we will have about 50 MN at the start.
This will give an approximate 18-20 DMD. At the current price it is ~ 120 $.

But I am sure that we are only at the beginning of the path. Every day ~ 1450 DMD will be mined (today 1680 coins are mined).
Of this amount, 65% will be on MN and 35% on POS.

Thus, every day MN will get only ~ 943 DMD.
This is a lower inflation than today has bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
What is the rewards for the masternodes like? Is it still profitable to run a masternode at the current prices?
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029
This probably won't be relevant once V3 launches, but I am seeing many more orphaned POS blocks lately.

It used to be about 1 in 10 blocks I minted were orphaned, now it's more like 60%. Is there any reason for this?

I've noticed that too, and a few times my wallet will mint a whole bunch of orphaned blocks, like it's trying to fork. So far, when that happens, I just shut down the wallet, wait a few minutes, then start it up again, and then it mints at a more normal rate with fewer orphans.
legendary
Jump to: