Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 427. (Read 1260624 times)

Activity: 729
Merit: 513
if still no joy, could you tell us what video card you have? it could help with settings.
in linux type:
Code:
lspci | grep VGA
this should list the gpu's you have.

He is using a Radeon R9-280x.
Activity: 233
Merit: 100
i need help with wallet not syn and stuck at block 267285, any help please
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1294
Merit: 1039
if still no joy, could you tell us what video card you have? it could help with settings.
in linux type:
Code:
lspci | grep VGA
this should list the gpu's you have.
legendary
for windows I'm using sgminer v4.1.0 (no link - don't remember where I got it)

my bat file is

diamond.bat
Code:
del *.bin
set GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
set GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=true
sgminer.exe -k diamond -o : -u -p --xintensity 256 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 5400 -w 256 --lookup-gap 0 --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 --no-submit-stale

these settings are for the second gpu in my laptop, you may need to 'adjust' these settings.

p.s. these do not use a config file
legendary
I suggest using sph-sgminer for linux. https://github.com/danbi/sph-sgminer.git
Hopefully this link is for v4.1.0-103-g00015-dirty (which is what I am using)

remember you will need the amd-catalyst drivers installed for monitoring temp and fans (for amd gpu's).

this is the script I use to launch the miner. If you have more than one GPU you may need to use sudo

start-diamond.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=:0
export GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT=100
export GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS=1
cd sph-sgminer
./sgminer -k diamond -o stratum+tcp://: -u -p --rawintensity 131088 --thread-concurrency 13188  -w 256  -g 1  --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-vddc 1.19 --gpu-engine 1150 --gpu-memclock 1500 --auto-fan --temp-target 70 --temp-cutoff 80 --gpu-powertune 20 --no-submit-stale --difficulty-multiplier .0039062500

also note that my rig has a r280 and several r270 gpu's  you may need to 'adjust' some of the settings for the card you are using.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I'll post an example of my sgminer 4.1 (from main page) Diamond .bat file for pool mining:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100

setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1

sgminer -kdiamond -o stratum+tcp://your pool:xxxx -u ________ -p __________ --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I set GPU settings in MSI Afterburner first and then in the settings of sgminer to make sure they were the same values and to also change powerlevel and fan, then used sgminer to write the .conf file. Granted, I still have to manually change the fan settings for some weird reason every time it starts but I've struggled otherwise with writing a conf of my own. This is also for a single GPU so settings will very from person to person. Hope this helps and happy mining!

"-k diamond" i think is the same like "kernel" : "groestlcoin" in your conf file...
legendary
Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000
It was a link to the sgminer 4.1.0 on the 1st page from this thread but it seems is broken now...
You have to use only this version of the software sgminer 4.1.0. if you use 5.1.0 is not working for DMD.

But if the line from your screen says it's Cgminer 4.1.0 then it must be the correct one... maybe try to use my config with your sgminer .... see what happens.

Did you change "-k diamond" like in my config?
Not sure how to add "-k diamond" to the CONF file.
Looks like you are launching from a comand line, but the PiMP is a web application interface, so I don't actually call the mining app directly.
I don't know how to modify what the web app is calling except for what's in the CONF file.
It was a link to the sgminer 4.1.0 on the 1st page from this thread but it seems is broken now...
You have to use only this version of the software sgminer 4.1.0. if you use 5.1.0 is not working for DMD.

But if the line from your screen says it's Cgminer 4.1.0 then it must be the correct one... maybe try to use my config with your sgminer .... see what happens.

Did you change "-k diamond" like in my config?
legendary
I don't see where to change it. All it lets me do is edit a CONF file.
The line sais: Miner Version: CGMiner 4.1.0 (API:3.1)
I don't see any option to change that.
It does say the running profile is sph-sgminer_groestl though, so I don't know how to tell what is actually being used.
Hm... it's not possible to use sgminer?
And you don't have to change intensity to match mine.... For your video card it could be much bigger. I have an old card that after many test i come with this value.
legendary
Unfortunately, it didn't appear to help any.
I changed the following params to match your command line args.

"xintensity" : "350",
"lookup-gap" : "0",
"difficulty-multiplier" : "0.0039062500"

Still showing 100% reject rate.
Can you show me please your config file from PiMP?
Sent you PM with the CONF file and screenshot of the PiMP status page.

I'll answer here because maybe there are others in the same situation. I use sgminer v4.1.0 and I remember I have the same issue until I've read somewhere that you have to use this parameter also:
"--difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500"
I don't know how to write it in Linux but i can show you my config for Radeon 5970:
------------
timeout /t 30
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
sgminer -k diamond -o stratum+tcp://mine.donkeypool.com:3012 -u (username hidden) -p x -g 1 -w 256 --difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 --xintensity 350 --lookup-gap 0 --temp-cutoff 90 --temp-overheat 85 --temp-target 75 --failover-only
------------

Edit: I forgot to say that your config looks good Smiley
legendary
Sent you PM with the CONF file and screenshot of the PiMP status page.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007
DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!
I think the last contributor for the presstab block exporer has backed down due to some reason. Is there anyone else willing to contribuote 0.05 BTC or less to this idea. We have 5 people who have already chipped in, I need one more.

This is the address: 3FMAfadkY2x1hq1i8h3ksZod5Dxg3jXkRE

0.05 BTC just sent. The message came in on Sunday, but couldn't act on it till this morning.

Thx bud.

I ll make the payment now, we should have DMD presstab explorer live in the next day or so.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Probably off topic. Ive been cpu mining for the past few months, someone suggested trying GPU mining.
I downloaded PiMP and entered my DMD address, but all im getting is 100% reject.
Does anyone know where I can get details of how to debug this? Im not experienced with GPU mining, so I don't know the tricks of the trade.

pimp? edit ok found it http://www.getpimp.org/ cant give support on that never used it

i mined on windows

in my opinion still sgminer (AMD) and ccminer (NVIDIA) are the miners of choice

a good page to get actual mining software is http://cryptomining-blog.com/

to use it u must be able create a bat file and identify the type of ur GPU so u can choose correct minertype and bat file settings

Looks like those require Windows, which I don't have. Im using Linux because of costs, and I have never tried GPU mining before, so I found a reference to PiMP, which seems to work except that it's all 100% rejects.
I figure there must be some kind of tuning or tweaking required, but I have no idea where to start.
All my background is in ASIC or CPU mining, where there are no config files to worry about. Looks like there are lots of parameters in the config files for PiMP though.

legendary
Probably off topic. Ive been cpu mining for the past few months, someone suggested trying GPU mining.
I downloaded PiMP and entered my DMD address, but all im getting is 100% reject.
Does anyone know where I can get details of how to debug this? Im not experienced with GPU mining, so I don't know the tricks of the trade.

pimp? edit ok found it http://www.getpimp.org/ cant give support on that never used it

i mined on windows

to use it u must be able create a bat file and identify the type of ur GPU so u can choose correct minertype and bat file settings

Looks like those require Windows, which I don't have. Im using Linux because of costs, and I have never tried GPU mining before, so I found a reference to PiMP, which seems to work except that it's all 100% rejects.
I figure there must be some kind of tuning or tweaking required, but I have no idea where to start.
All my background is in ASIC or CPU mining, where there are no config files to worry about. Looks like there are lots of parameters in the config files for PiMP though.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

i mined on windows

Jump to: