Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 848. (Read 1260245 times)

legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
@cryptocoin and the others:
Definitely thank you for the effort. A good (active!) dev team is better for the coin price and life than any DOGE hype etc.. Hopefully we can even trump Bitcoin and become like the crypto gold standard comm. in the future.
For now I'd just like to mine again, if it's even worth it now. I only have a CPU for mining.

A few good, interesting coins totally crashed because of no dev action. That's why I only buy (and possibly mine) DMD right now.

thx for feedback
such words power our engines

groestl algo is rewarding CPU mining much more than scrypt
but for solo mining its not enought
once first pools are running give it a try
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Nevermind, found a sample .conf searching the thread.

On a side note, I hadn't opened my wallet in a while and found a few diamonds in there.  How sweet is that? 
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Is there a sample .conf?   What is the rcport? 
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
@cryptocoin and the others:
Definitely thank you for the effort. A good (active!) dev team is better for the coin price and life than any DOGE hype etc.. Hopefully we can even trump Bitcoin and become like the crypto gold standard comm. in the future.
For now I'd just like to mine again, if it's even worth it now. I only have a CPU for mining.

A few good, interesting coins totally crashed because of no dev action. That's why I only buy (and possibly mine) DMD right now.
Activity: 221
meanwhile prices are slowly rising  Cool

and it will keep rising if we HODL.
hello  good job for the release

just wanted to say on thw windows side the wallet and mining are flawless

What cards are you running, what is your config ?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcpj41phng3mlkx/Screenshot%202014-05-02%2021.18.14.png

Please check error wallet crashing ^^

21:23:55

{
"blocks" : 386716,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 13.89981044,
"errors" : "EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error \ninit_blockindex(): error opening database environment IO error: WinMmapFile.Append::UnmapCurrentRegion or MapNewRegion: : The parameter is incorrect.\r\n \nC:\\Users\\ElmerTheFud\\Desktop\\diamond-qt.exe in ThreadStakeMinter() \n",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 121498,
"networkhashps" : 966397915,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}

I got a very similar runtime error to this a couple times as well, I ended up copying the contents of the "txleveldb.zip" into the appdata\diamond folder, and it appears to of fixed the issue, although I do not know why it happened in the first place.

I've got a fresh install on this machine, diamond coin wallet was never installed on it before.

I've copied the block chain and the txleveldb. this error pops up randomly and the wallet tries to quit.

I found a solution, leave the error message open and the wallet keeps running . Grin
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
meanwhile prices are slowly rising  Cool

I think you need to go through the process of the fresh install (complete BC+the other files) once more using the chain from before the fork (the one you can download form the main OP) and sync again. We also spotted this error, did that and it went away, so far all works well.

It is a fresh install, please check info from debug
Activity: 393
I build my wallet on FreeBSD. Except library references, there should be no other differences really. I use makefile.bsd for building. Here is a list of the files I had to modify in order to make it work:

diff -wbr Diamond-Coin-2.0.orig/src/kernel.cpp Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/kernel.cpp
6c6
< #include
---
> // #include
358,361c358,361
<         qDebug() << "hashProofOfStake = " << CBigNum(hashProofOfStake).ToString().c_str();
<         qDebug() << "bnCoinDayWeight = " << bnCoinDayWeight.ToString().c_str();
<         qDebug() << "bnTargetPerCoinDay = " << bnTargetPerCoinDay.ToString().c_str();
<         //printf(">>> CheckStakeKernelHash - hashProofOfStake too much\n");
---
> //        qDebug() << "hashProofOfStake = " << CBigNum(hashProofOfStake).ToString().c_str();
> //        qDebug() << "bnCoinDayWeight = " << bnCoinDayWeight.ToString().c_str();
> //        qDebug() << "bnTargetPerCoinDay = " << bnTargetPerCoinDay.ToString().c_str();
>         printf(">>> CheckStakeKernelHash - hashProofOfStake too much\n");

diff -wbr Diamond-Coin-2.0.orig/src/makefile.bsd Diamond-Coin-2.0/src/makefile.b
sd
5,6c5,6
< USE_UPNP:=0
< USE_IPV6:=1
---
> USE_UPNP:=-
> USE_IPV6:=-
10a11,15
> BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include
> BDB_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include/db48
> BOOST_LIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib
> BDB_LIB_PATH=/usr/local/lib/db48
> STATIC=1
12,13c17,18
< DEFS += $(addprefix -I,$(CURDIR) $(CURDIR)/obj $(BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH) $(BDB_INCLUDE_PATH) $(OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH))
< LIBS = $(addprefix -L,$(BOOST_LIB_PATH) $(BDB_LIB_PATH) $(OPENSSL_LIB_PATH))
---
> DEFS += $(addprefix -I,$(CURDIR) $(CURDIR)/obj $(BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH) $(BDB_INCLUDE_PATH) $(OPENSSL_INCLUDE_PATH) leveldb/include /usr/local/include/qt4)
> LIBS = $(addprefix -L,$(BOOST_LIB_PATH) $(BDB_LIB_PATH) $(OPENSSL_LIB_PATH) leveldb) leveldb/libleveldb.a
55c60
<    -l dl \
---
> #   -l dl \
136c141,144
<     obj/scrypt-x86_64.o
---
>     obj/scrypt-x86_64.o \
>     obj/txdb-leveldb.o \
>     obj/scrypt.o \
>     hash/groestl.o
142c150
<       ./test_BottleCaps
---
>       ./test_diamond

The first fix is to get rid of the Qt dependencies in the non-graphical client.

The second fix instructs make to build more objects. I also went to src/hash and ran make groestl.o (might not be needed).

I wonder why scrypt is still compiled/linked in, but never mind.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tcpj41phng3mlkx/Screenshot%202014-05-02%2021.18.14.png

21:23:55

{
"blocks" : 386716,
"currentblocksize" : 1000,
"currentblocktx" : 0,
"difficulty" : 13.89981044,
"errors" : "EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error \ninit_blockindex(): error opening database environment IO error: WinMmapFile.Append::UnmapCurrentRegion or MapNewRegion: : The parameter is incorrect.\r\n \nC:\\Users\\ElmerTheFud\\Desktop\\diamond-qt.exe in ThreadStakeMinter() \n",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : -1,
"hashespersec" : 121498,
"networkhashps" : 966397915,
"pooledtx" : 0,
"testnet" : false
}
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Since i got my first confirmed block with the new wallet, the wallet crashes every time i will start it.

I will post you my windows error report, i know it is in german but maybe it will help you

Problemsignatur:
  Problemereignisname:   BEX
  Anwendungsname:   diamond-qt.exe
  Anwendungsversion:   0.7.2.0
  Anwendungszeitstempel:   53638cdb
  Fehlermodulname:   StackHash_0a9e
  Fehlermodulversion:   0.0.0.0
  Fehlermodulzeitstempel:   00000000
  Ausnahmeoffset:   646e696b
  Ausnahmecode:   c0000005
  Ausnahmedaten:   00000008
  Betriebsystemversion:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Gebietsschema-ID:   1031
  Zusatzinformation 1:   0a9e
  Zusatzinformation 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Zusatzinformation 3:   0a9e
  Zusatzinformation 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Hi danbi,

You solved the problem with the nasty bug of linking groestl in kernel ? Could you provide more instruction? I got so far with your help from last page to this:
Code:
obj/checkpoints.o: In function `Checkpoints::WriteSyncCheckpoint(uint256 const&)':
and a lot of undefined reference

Thanks in advance.
legendary

I read somewhere about merged mining with groestl coin, is it in the pipeline ?

we focus on stabilze existing features first
but yes merged mining is on the todo list
groestlcoin is giving a 100000GRS reward as bounty too if someone interested
Activity: 393
A very experimental and inconsistent code, so far.

It's definitely not my area of expertise and this will be discussed and worked on by our dev but the algorithm switch hasn't been attempted in any of the coins (not counting easy switch to skrypt-n). The dev had to devise new ways so I would say it is novel. If you can contribute to the betterment of this coin please do so, we are open for community input.

I will of course contribute any hints and code fixes I can, unfortunately I happen to be busy (and away from computers) most of the time this week. So it might be slow Sad

gosh I like DMD but I hate half-assed clients

same do we
we didnt deliver the quality we where aiming for
BUT we did get network running on groestl algo

please keep in mind because of old network stuck we had to release a week pre shedule

updated wallets will be released and fix this troubles some experience now

the network is running and we are the first coin who managed to switch algo towards groestl
this alone make me proud of my dev team

since we have a full time dev i can gurantee we will fix all issues and create more features and gimmicks in the near future

meanwhile i have to say thanks to our comuinity for your support
and your understanding that great things need time
as they say "rome wasnt build in a day"

Cool, I appreciate your efforts, keep up the good work.

I read somewhere about merged mining with groestl coin, is it in the pipeline ?
legendary

gosh I like DMD but I hate half-assed clients

same do we
we didnt deliver the quality we where aiming for
BUT we did get network running on groestl algo

please keep in mind because of old network stuck we had to release a week pre shedule

updated wallets will be released and fix this troubles some experience now

the network is running and we are the first coin who managed to switch algo towards groestl
this alone make me proud of my dev team

since we have a full time dev i can gurantee we will fix all issues and create more features and gimmicks in the near future

meanwhile i have to say thanks to our comuinity for your support
and your understanding that great things need time
as they say "rome wasnt build in a day"

Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation

I've found the solution for our problem....

Thank you for that, this certainly helps. I'll try to recreate that scenario.

Now after the release we are no longer FORCED into rushing things with crazy pace so we'll look into all the quirks that you guys are reporting.  
CEO Diamond Foundation
A very experimental and inconsistent code, so far.

It's definitely not my area of expertise and this will be discussed and worked on by our dev but the algorithm switch hasn't been attempted in any of the coins (not counting easy switch to skrypt-n). The dev had to devise new ways so I would say it is novel. If you can contribute to the betterment of this coin please do so, we are open for community input.
CEO Diamond Foundation
hey new to DMD here and and having trouble syncing my mac wallet. v1.0.4.0

it seems the blockchain has downloaded but the arrows are still spinning and it says (out of sync)

Mac wallet. v1.0.4.0 is an old one and will no longer sync with the new Block Chain.

I've contacted a person asking to compile the new client for Mac users. It's coming. Smiley
CEO Diamond Foundation
In the new wallet when I mouse over a block mined I get a blank text block. It looks like all recent transactions are effected.

Yes, it's the wrong color of the font, this will be updated shortly in non mandatory patch.  We are aware of it.
Anyway, this UI design is temporary and would have been definitely better, without silly moments like the ones with the tooltip you're experiencing, if we stuck to the planned release date. But life is life and had different plans for this release Wink   
Jump to: