Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 854. (Read 1260245 times)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0
If we are using the sph-sgminer with a mining pool,   will we need to use the --difficulty-multiplier=0.0039062500   see the note on option below.

Important! A new option was added: --difficulty-multiplier. It allows to set stratum difficulty multiplier. For QubitCoin, Quark and Animecoin it will be usually 256. For Groestlcoin, Fuguecoin and Twecoin it will be usually 0.0039062500 (1/256). Default value is 1.0. If you have "share above target" errors then set it to 256. If difficulty required by pool is strangely large, set it to 0.0039062500 (1/256). Other values are unlikely to be used. Hopefully this will fix all remaining stratum problems.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
@cryptonit:
That means all current scrypt miners still running doing nothing (because the pool got temporarily suspended so it's just getting errors) will never work again?
You really have to change these to the new Grøestl or will it continue to work as soon as the pools are up again?

Just want to confirm.
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
Please remove the wallet.dat and diamond.conf files from the download. It could overwrite the local copy by accident and also might make inexperienced users use it just as it is, thus making many people own the same wallet and share the same RPC credentials. not nice Smiley

did remove link.....
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
Please remove the wallet.dat and diamond.conf files from the download. It could overwrite the local copy by accident and also might make inexperienced users use it just as it is, thus making many people own the same wallet and share the same RPC credentials. not nice Smiley
legendary
for the next few days it would be nice if people leave their wallet running to support blockchain downloads of new wallets
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Where is the grostl library for Unix?  Is it available somewhere?
legendary
We use network seeds to sync so I doubt the speed can be much improved.

reason is this is testing......
for later syncs a allready synced blockchain for download
legendary
please all diamond scrypt pool owner
turn off the pool u burn electricity for nothing

i can gurantee diamond coin will not mine a single more scrypt block  Grin
Activity: 774
Merit: 554
CEO Diamond Foundation
We use network seeds to sync so I doubt the speed can be much improved.

Yes we'll have fully synced nodes for the launch.

The website is soon to be changed and at this particular moment it's not the top priority, but yes, we agree fully with what you're saying.

It would be better idea to have several nodes already synced up, when you relaunch the coin.

I hope you sync off a local (old) wallet -- that would be much faster.

PS: By the way, someone should fix the text, download links etc at www.dmdcoin.net -- the information there is already invalid (as the old block chain is essentially dead).

Linux client will be ready to download with the release.

Hello,

Where is the new wallet version for linux located so I can download and build it?

P.S Here's a sneak peek at the new client .. as you can see it's syncing Wink

legendary
Hello,

Where is the new wallet version for linux located so I can download and build it?

wallet release will be tomorrow
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
Hello,

Activity: 393
It would be better idea to have several nodes already synced up, when you relaunch the coin.

I hope you sync off a local (old) wallet -- that would be much faster.

PS: By the way, someone should fix the text, download links etc at www.dmdcoin.net -- the information there is already invalid (as the old block chain is essentially dead).
legendary
as part of extended test team i can give u a update

Synchroniziong with network...    Roll Eyes

and that will not change for a few hours if i estimate the speed i had until yet
no stuck at block nothing wrong
but it takes time......

and we as extended testers are not allowed to cheat Wink
we have to sync all blocks the normal way....

for u we will try to prepare a cheat so if u want u can download a allready nearly synced blockchain file
legendary
here one can see that we are a old coin
our blockchain is long......

and new optimized database of wallet need a complete resync one time

thats the price we have to pay to have a faster loading and better performing wallet later

im sorry we didnt realize before that until the wallet is useable by u a few times someone else must sync before

the extended test team
the exchange
the pool
and then u can download wallet and sync

that all adds up and is way beyond our expectations

so even we didnt run into any troubles it still need much more time

i guess groestlcoin must have a hashrate spike if all diamond friends abuse em as training field for their mining rigs.....  Cool

CEO Diamond Foundation
Hello community,

I just wanted to give you an update on the progress. We have everything in place, now we’re rebuilding the database which can take hours as you can imagine, and very often experience yourself. Downloading the blockchain is the part that slows the whole process down and it’s something that no one can do anything about. It just needs to sync on its own.

What happens next?

Next we pass the code to:

1. Cryptsy – they need to resync and test it.

2. Mining pools - they need to resync as well and adapt the software.

3. Community – you need to resync it and continue to enjoy the New Diamond Coin.

As you can see there are time blocks on the way to full release. It’s not ideal and it’s definitely not the way we’ve planned it. But life is life and we are doing everything we can to deal with it to minimise discomfort caused.

Stay tuned. It’s coming …
Activity: 252
legendary
we lost a few hour by doing a few more security checks
but i guess u all agree security first

sorry to let u all waiting
we work hard to provide u a quality that fit to the name of the coin
CEO Diamond Foundation
There will be a new software needed to mine on Grøstl we'll provide it to you so now worries.
It's not sure if dmdpool.net will be Grøstl oriented form the start, however we're working with the others to bring a few of them form the start.
Those who are able for some reason to mine coins they are on the forked chain so no one is losing anything (apart from some who lose a bit of electricity) and no one is gaining.
Also we would be releasing a new wallet, with all the updates so yes, you should download a new version. The speed is very much improved and I see absolutely no reason why anyone would want to stick with the old one. The coins can be safely transferred between the wallets by the method described in detail by cryptonit.

How is this possible? I don't quite understand..  Also, how do I hash for dmdpool.net on the new algorithm? I won't still use CGminer will I?
Also, I won't need to download the wallet app again, right?

The value is dictated by the people and I believe people would sensibly understand that we are doing everything we can to make it as smooth as possible.
Android wallet (with mining ability) is in our agenda and we'll be working towards bringing it to the market.. just not now Smiley

Already have a pot of coffee brewed, and I'm working the phones instructing users to reboot their workstations.

I like the features of DMD. I'm curious how you guys expect the value to respond once things start rolling. Also, when will an android wallet be released? Will this wallet app contain a mining ability?  
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
we in the process to handover data to cryptsy soon
once we get ok from cryptsy pool owner get access to it
and when at least 2 pools finished setup we give it free for everyone

dont fear other people mine away a shitload diamond
like always 1 dmd a minute for the miner ... not more not less

How is this possible? I don't quite understand..  Also, how do I hash for dmdpool.net on the new algorithm? I won't still use CGminer will I?

Also, I won't need to download the wallet app again, right?

I'm having a tough time finding a guide to mining with groestl, can you please post some infos?
Jump to: