Author

Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65% - page 855. (Read 1260245 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
You can follow this topic or @dmdcoin on Twitter, and I'm sure all will be announced as soon as available (probably still a good few hours away).

Time for a cup of tea (or coffee if you prefer!)  Wink

Already have a pot of coffee brewed, and I'm working the phones instructing users to reboot their workstations.

I like the features of DMD. I'm curious how you guys expect the value to respond once things start rolling. Also, when will an android wallet be released? Will this wallet app contain a mining ability? 
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
You can follow this topic or @dmdcoin on Twitter, and I'm sure all will be announced as soon as available (probably still a good few hours away).

Time for a cup of tea (or coffee if you prefer!)  Wink
Activity: 308
Merit: 251
I like big BITS and I cannot lie.
When will the pools be out of maintenance mode?
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
we in the process to handover data to cryptsy soon
once we get ok from cryptsy pool owner get access to it
and when at least 2 pools finished setup we give it free for everyone

dont fear other people mine away a shitload diamond
like always 1 dmd a minute for the miner ... not more not less
As devs already said, fork is happening just these hours, when finished they'll post an update here and on Twitter.

No mining (solo or pools) is possible in the meantime, so the only thing to do is waiting or trading DMD Smiley
Activity: 30
Hello, pools does not working, show me any working pls))
Activity: 3
when is hardforking happening? after it coin will only be mined by groestl algorithm?
legendary
GRS has announced via twitter the merged mining with DMD

https://twitter.com/GroestlcoinTeam

i cant see any announcement about this
its a project for the future.....

a merged gröstl cooking contest is all i can see  Grin

ah yes, its in the onedrive link > short term developments > 4th bullet

* Merged mining with Diamondcoin (DMD)

as i said its a project for the future......
groestlcoin see it as short term future which is nice  Cool
legendary
I would like first of all to express my compliments to the team, managing this situation in a very professional way!

My question is: is it possible to have a simple step by step guide explaining

1) if I have DMD on Cryptsy, how will it work the transition from old to new DMD for my coins? Do I need to do anything?

2) if I have DMD on old wallet, how will it work the transition from old to new DMD for my coins? What will I need to do?

I received these questions a few times, they are very common from users when hard forks happen, so I think a simple post with these two step-by-step instructions will make it all easier to understand Smiley

1.) just wait diamonds are diamonds its not required to do anything to exchange them

2.) dont do transactions now. create a backup of ur wallet.dat

once new wallet is released follow this guide to clear appdata and old blockchain (again make sure u have a copy of wallet.dat thats they key to your coins!)

a)   %APPDATA%\diamond\ (if you're using  Windows)
b)     ~/.diamond/ (if you're using Linux)
c)     ~/Library/Application Support/diamond/ (if you're using Mac).
d)- Delete everything beside the wallet.dat be there (again make sure u have a copy of wallet.dat thats they key to your coins!)
e)  start new wallet
expect a few hours to sync again with blockchain
new client have a upgraded database structure which will result in much faster starting time at launch but this change need that u download whole blockchain again to make it stored in new format
f) in case after sync finsihed and ur coins not visible stop client
copy the backup wallet.dat into the appdata folder and start wallet again

u can do this stuff wrong and lose time but
as long as u have a copy of ur wallet.dat u will never lose the coins
wallet.dat thats they key to your coins!
Activity: 342
Merit: 250
GRS has announced via twitter the merged mining with DMD

https://twitter.com/GroestlcoinTeam

i cant see any announcement about this
its a project for the future.....

a merged gröstl cooking contest is all i can see  Grin

ah yes, its in the onedrive link > short term developments > 4th bullet

* Merged mining with Diamondcoin (DMD)
I would like first of all to express my compliments to the team, managing this situation in a very professional way!

My question is: is it possible to have a simple step by step guide explaining

1) if I have DMD on Cryptsy, how will it work the transition from old to new DMD for my coins? Do I need to do anything?

2) if I have DMD on old wallet, how will it work the transition from old to new DMD for my coins? What will I need to do?

I received these questions a few times, they are very common from users when hard forks happen, so I think a simple post with these two step-by-step instructions will make it all easier to understand Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
so none of the pool works to mine the coin.

this is why the diff is only 0.9

you can mine in solo with that diff you can expect 1 block every 3 hours at max, with 1 Mh/s

No mining will work right now, either solo or pool. You need to wait for a new wallet version.
legendary
u cant mine it solo......
all have to wait for new wallet release

whatever someone mine now solo is just not existent in official blockchain after hardfork at block 386228

i repeat:

to make it as smooth and stressless as possible for u i suggest the following

stop mining close wallet

wait until tomorrow

dont do any transactions

use the day and mine some groestlcoins to learn how ur mining rig works best at groestl

once u optimized ur miningsettings for that u can easy point ur miners tomorrow at diamond pools with same settings
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

this is why the diff is only 0.9

you can mine in solo with that diff you can expect 1 block every 3 hours at max, with 1 Mh/s
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
legendary
What do you people use as stratum server to have support for groestl? Merged minning?

merged mining isnt in now
regarding stratum version used at groestl algo mining i give ya feedback once i have it from dev

as u can expect he is a bit busy now....  Smiley
Activity: 393
Merit: 250
What do you people use as stratum server to have support for groestl? Merged minning?
legendary
For now pools are getting all blocks rejected by coind with this output error:
Code:
ThreadRPCServer method=submitblock
ERROR: CheckProofOfWork() : nBits below minimum work
ERROR: CheckBlock() : proof of work failed
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

Devs pm me if you need anything else..
It's happened a few times already, big diff changes due to hashrate variations and timestamps in wrong order, i think..

Block 386228 has a time that is 3512 seconds earlier than block 386227. This triggers a bug in many coins which choke when trying to calculate the next difficulty. PoW mining is not possible once this happens. Looks like DMD doesn't have the required fix, so the network will remain stalled until a new client is released.

(Actually, there is a way to resurrect the network to get around this stall, which I have done for two coins... but it looks like the dev(s) are taking care of this coin.)

we have this fixed already  in new wallet
thx for feedback
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
For now pools are getting all blocks rejected by coind with this output error:
Code:
ThreadRPCServer method=submitblock
ERROR: CheckProofOfWork() : nBits below minimum work
ERROR: CheckBlock() : proof of work failed
ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

Devs pm me if you need anything else..
It's happened a few times already, big diff changes due to hashrate variations and timestamps in wrong order, i think..

Block 386228 has a time that is 3512 seconds earlier than block 386227. This triggers a bug in many coins which choke when trying to calculate the next difficulty. PoW mining is not possible once this happens. Looks like DMD doesn't have the required fix, so the network will remain stalled until a new client is released.

(Actually, there is a way to resurrect the network to get around this stall, which I have done for two coins... but it looks like the dev(s) are taking care of this coin.)
legendary
We are  in touch with Cryptsy support.

Technicans are still sleeping but support forwarded info to them.

We did suggest them to freeze depositing and withdrawing.

Same as we suggest community doesn't do any transactions until the network is running with the new wallet and hardfork is successful.

its really easy dont touch ur coins until we give a ok

and u can be sure every coin stay where it is now

meanwhile ur coins start to chatter already about the good news with new wallet
and hyping the soon starting age of minting.......

as a longtime holder of coins u can expect a big POS reward  Grin
Jump to: