Author

Topic: [ANN] DopeCoin - DopeCoin is now on Blockfolio Signal - page 262. (Read 635456 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
One day for swap? Are you serious? What about people who don't read the thread every day or are not able to send their coins to the exchange today? They will lose their money, won't they?

We've been talking about it for weeks, but we're working on a backup plan.  But they will have to be done manually after this, so there will be costs involved.

Wise words!

We should also find a way to avoid people will change money minted after the "swap", it doesn't make any sense.. if most of us switch to new dope, difficulty for old dope will plummet and , just an example, a 10% penalty is way too low...

Yes, this is why we have to do the late exchanges manually, i was thinking 10% penalty for the first week, just to be fair on on users, but then every week give less, my currently plan is they send their privkey for old dope, I then send any eligible funds to their new dope address.

I understand and appreciate the fairness towards users and their chance to change later at a small penalty. I'd like to know how is technically possible to discern post swap coins though. How we avoid people "cheating" mining new coins and requesting a swap later?

My and community opinion: We all want a fair restart for this coin, this coin caused us already many troubles :-)

My personal opinion: If we can't be sure new money will not be swapped, at 19gmt shut down nodes, ask exchanges to stop all "old dope" deposits and very sorry for who is late, you warned people enough..

I think we'll "play it by ear", if lots of coins are left over after the on exchange conversion then we'll make provisions for late comers.

Any coins left over will be filtered back to active dopecoin users one way or another.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
One day for swap? Are you serious? What about people who don't read the thread every day or are not able to send their coins to the exchange today? They will lose their money, won't they?

We've been talking about it for weeks, but we're working on a backup plan.  But they will have to be done manually after this, so there will be costs involved.

Wise words!

We should also find a way to avoid people will change money minted after the "swap", it doesn't make any sense.. if most of us switch to new dope, difficulty for old dope will plummet and , just an example, a 10% penalty is way too low...

Yes, this is why we have to do the late exchanges manually, i was thinking 10% penalty for the first week, just to be fair on on users, but then every week give less, my currently plan is they send their privkey for old dope, I then send any eligible funds to their new dope address.

I understand and appreciate the fairness towards users and their chance to change later at a small penalty. I'd like to know how is technically possible to discern post swap coins though. How we avoid people "cheating" mining new coins and requesting a swap later?

My and community opinion: We all want a fair restart for this coin, this coin caused us already many troubles :-)

My personal opinion: If we can't be sure new money will not be swapped, at 19gmt shut down nodes, ask exchanges to stop all "old dope" deposits and very sorry for who is late, you warned people enough..
                            Miners have interest on staying on the smaller network of the 2 dopecoins, and we should avoid such a situation, all miners MUST switch to new wallett/coin..

Wise words!

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Wise words!

Payments on the multipool are done
The new wallet is a POW/POS Hybrid with 30 second blocks for extra transaction speed, it will have 1 week POW mining at 50 reward per block and then it switches to full POS, POS staking is after 24 hours and the first year is 10% annual interest on coins held in the wallet, week to of the coins life but we'll have a SUPER HIGH period of POS where you can earn 2% A DAY interest.

You haven't told us which POW algorithm will be used? Any change?

Sorry, no change, still Scrypt, got to look after our original miners for one last week Wink
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1077
^ Will code for Bitcoins
The new wallet is a POW/POS Hybrid with 30 second blocks for extra transaction speed, it will have 1 week POW mining at 50 reward per block and then it switches to full POS, POS staking is after 24 hours and the first year is 10% annual interest on coins held in the wallet, week to of the coins life but we'll have a SUPER HIGH period of POS where you can earn 2% A DAY interest.

You haven't told us which POW algorithm will be used? Any change?
price spike trex

Nice, lets hope it continues.
Activity: 250
Merit: 250
price spike trex
I think that only one day for the swap is not a good idea.
I know this has been talked for long but there are people who don't check the forum often, and others ready to FUD Dope for the swap.
It happened to every coin that swapped, even with longer swap time.

Would it be possible to make it 7 or 10 days, and then chick in the backup plan?

The actual swap has to be done at a single point in time, but like I say, we're working on a back up plan to extend that via manual processing, the problem is, when we swap people will stop mining the old coin making it very easy to get coins at low diff, which they then swap to higher value new dope coins.  This is why we're doing it like this, but at the same time we don't want to leave people behind, hence working on the backup plan if they miss that window.
Activity: 325
I think that only one day for the swap is not a good idea.
I know this has been talked for long but there are people who don't check the forum often, and others ready to FUD Dope for the swap.
It happened to every coin that swapped, even with longer swap time.

Would it be possible to make it 7 or 10 days, and then chick in the backup plan?

There will now be a 200 million max coins, which will take another 6-7 years to complete distribution.

We'll update will full specs of the wallet and coin strategy later today.

So is the swap rate of coins 1:1?

That is correct, But late comers may get a worse rate as it will take a lot of work checking they didn't make the coins after the switch over

The current plan is to set up a secure webpage where they submit their old dope privkey and their new dope wallet id, we then check no coins were made after the deadline and send the new coins to the user.

Currently thinking 1 week after = 1:0.9, week 2 1:0.8 and so on.  

Any left over coins will be used to give multipool users extra to drive the price upwards, and to give bounties for new tasks like getting a vendor onboard etc.

All swap logs etc will be made public so all users can see that everything is done fair.
Activity: 774

There will now be a 200 million max coins, which will take another 6-7 years to complete distribution.

So is the swap rate of coins 1:1?

Activity: 250
me upload now

We've been talking about it for weeks, but we're working on a backup plan.  But they will have to be done manually after this, so there will be costs involved.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1003
Bagholder. Hodling shit since 2014
payouts suppose to be every 24 hr on the multipool? I mined on it Friday and nothing received yet.

Only every 24 hours when its actually being used, will make sure all remaining payouts are processed in the next few hours.

so if i understand it - coins must go to either Allcoin, C-Cex, or bittrex? basically NOW, is it OK to leave any sell orders in place? any other actions needed? thanks

No that is all thats needed, orders will automatically be cancelled when the coin swap happens
Activity: 827
Merit: 1000
Twitter: @bitcoin_dad
payouts suppose to be every 24 hr on the multipool? I mined on it Friday and nothing received yet.
Jump to: