Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [DRZ] THE DROIDZ | Computing Network • ROADMAP • I2P HIVE • DROIDNODES - page 9. (Read 18885 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Not going to comment Grin

Wait til we have an actual release and then you're welcome to criticise Smiley

Dev wasn't be able even to change coin name, not critics just facts based on actual reality. Anyway good luck with DRZ development Smiley

To clarify the situation:

We put in a support ticket with Bittrex notifying them that we are the new dev team and would like to request a name & ticker change. We provided all the necessary info and contacts.

Ryan's response was that the coin would have to be delisted and the wallet closed. People would have had to withdraw and in the most severe case lose coins if they didn't make it in time. The coin would then be treated like any other new coin asking for addition to Bittrex.

We contacted Richie, who replied that they have a strict policy not to do renames, since it had been abused in the past. He offered we could state our claim on IRC directly with him, which we tried for a few days but he never replied to our DM.

The whole process took approx. 1 week. So instead of stalling development until that issue would have been resolved we decided to stick with the old name and ticker.

We don't know if a payment from our side to Bittrex would have made any difference but tbh that's not how we do things. It would have always felt like a bribe.
Very very good point..stay with old name..and please don't you dare to disappear.. Grin

We're not planning to Grin

We responded to your questions from yesterday, did you see it?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026

Dev wasn't be able even to change coin name, not critics just facts based on actual reality. Anyway good luck with DRZ development Smiley

We put in a support ticket with Bittrex notifying them that we are the new dev team and would like to request a name & ticker change. We provided all the necessary info and contacts.

Ryan's response was that the coin would have to be delisted and the wallet closed. People would have had to withdraw and in the most severe case lose coins if they didn't make it in time. The coin would then be treated like any other new coin asking for addition to Bittrex.

We contacted Richie, who replied that they have a strict policy not to do renames, since it had been abused in the past. He offered we could state our claim on IRC directly with him, which we tried for a few days but he never replied to our DM.

The whole process took approx. 1 week. So instead of stalling development until that issue would have been resolved we decided to stick with the old name and ticker.

We don't know if a payment from our side to Bittrex would have made any difference but tbh that's not how we do things. It would have always felt like a bribe.
Very very good point..stay with old name..and please don't you dare to disappear.. Grin
yes I also want to be able to division DRZ

Do you mean stake? Or own? Or support as a community member?

Please explain a bit more Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
yes I also want to be able to division DRZ
I also want to participate in this division .

And you can if you explain what you mean by "division"? Smiley
Activity: 546
I also want to participate in this division .

Activity: 613
Merit: 501
 Cheesy yeeah Compare DRZ with DRK.  Cheesy  Cheesy I'm speechless right now... They would have to pay 1/10 of the DRZ's marketcap to change the ticker name. But if you think that's reasonable thing to do...  Cheesy Let the developers regain investors trust which will result in higher volumes and higher marketcap. Then maybe it will make sense to rebrand this coin. Rebranding isn't costless.

Sorry to keep you waiting.. Not getting a clear response from the Bittrex support team about the name change and unable to get in touch with Richie directly.

So far the info we have is that if we want the name change they would delist the coin and shutdown the wallet, which means users would have to withdraw everything and potentially risk losing coins. Afterwards DRX would have to get listed again just like any other new coin.

If this goes on too long we might just have to switch back to droidz and adjust to that.

Happy to hear how the community feels about that?

Do you still think it's a good idea? This coin was almost dead...
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Other coins like DRK changed name with no issues. Plus, you're throwing random bitcoin amounts because you don't know how to do it too. Who's stupid now? Smiley
Activity: 613
Merit: 501

Wasn't able to change coin's name? Go ahead and pay 5-10 btc to bittrex for changing the ticker name. Are you stupid or what? Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about.

I always see an improvement, everyday that I come to this page.

What improvement? Dev releasing nice images? Wink
I2P support? Really?

What improvement? Dev releasing nice images? Wink
I2P support? Really?
Community update

Just letting you know that we are preparing the second part of the roadmap for release.

Meanwhile we are trying to get in touch with all the exchanges to see if they are supporting us or what their requirements would be.
We did a little revision to the image so it's clear that these changes are future developments.
Hello !  Grin
It is good time to tell us who are you and what knowledge do you possess?
Do you have some experience in other coins?
Are you alone or have a team?
what is your motive to help this coin and community?
What we may expect from you-your team?
Thanks!

Hi Smiley

> This coin is being developed by two people right now, we also have a designer working with us.

> We have been working on other successful projects that you maybe have heard of but this is the first coin we call "our own". When the time is right we will likely add more people or hire additional talent when we see fit.

> Our motives are straightforward: peer-to-peer blockchain technology is a great thing, but is mostly missing an actual use case. We want to build a platform that can benefit everyone: people who invest in us / the coin as well as people outside of crypto.

> If you meant "why did you do the takeover", it's because the DROIDZ community had a nice vibe and the coin already went through all the stages. Mining is done, the price is low and it's trading on 3 of the most important exchanges. Coin launches are often associated with a lot of hype and empty promise and we didn't want to put ourselves through this.

> You can expect us to keep you up to date on developments and to be "around". We have shown over the last 2 weeks that we really care about our community. Over time we will open more channels for you to get in contact, like a Skype account or a Slack group.

> If you want to know what you can expect tech wise you'll have to wait a little longer until the full roadmap is out and the pieces come together Wink

Hope that answers your questions. If not let us know Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
We did a little revision to the image so it's clear that these changes are future developments.
Hello !  Grin
It is good time to tell us who are you and what knowledge do you possess?
Do you have some experience in other coins?
Are you alone or have a team?
what is your motive to help this coin and community?
What we may expect from you-your team?
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1000
Yes, I saw the updated image. Thanks

Like we said in the beginning, it's going to be a constant process of growth and change Wink
Is there a whitepaper or roadmap?

The first part of the roadmap is two posts up Wink

The other parts will be gradually released over the coming days.

You can also find a full list of past and recent updates & news on the frontpage Smiley
Activity: 728

Like we said in the beginning, it's going to be a constant process of growth and change Wink
Is there a whitepaper or roadmap?
Pages:
Jump to: