Author

Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities! - page 108. (Read 145658 times)

copper member
Activity: 474
Merit: 21

The follow up announcement will come very soon explaining the partnership in detail Wink
Hah, very soon is a pretty tricky phrase. I have recalled that once we were waiting for around 2 months after the project's devs said "very soon, it would be released very soon".

Ouch, with very soon I meant between now and the end of the week! Wink
Activity: 30
Merit: 1
快速,匿名,安全的数据传输!
Activity: 434
Merit: 10

The follow up announcement will come very soon explaining the partnership in detail Wink
Hah, very soon is a pretty tricky phrase. I have recalled that once we were waiting for around 2 months after the project's devs said "very soon, it would be released very soon".
copper member
Is DUSK platform going to push for KYC for all address holders since creating STO?

In the use case of security, compliant confidentiality is achieved with KYC built in the protocol and the use of zero knowledge accumulators to keep the whitelist confidential. Dusk decouples the (centralized) KYC/AML vendor process from the (decentralized) security issuance and transaction arbitration with the aid of time-locked accumulators. Cryptographic accumulators are ideal for implementing zero-knowledge white/black listing accreditation of (un-)compliant investors and automated accreditation. Also, expiry mechanism can be added for forcing rechecks. It roughly works in the following way: as soon as the KYC/AML process completes, the transactor identifier (basically his registered wallet address, but it can also be something else, i.e. biometric data, etc) is committed to the accumulator, which remains opaque and discloses nothing of its set. A witness (called compliance witness) is thus generated and returned to the applicant. Such witness is the proof of set inclusion. From that point on, all transactions related to that particular asset class (token) must include the compliance witness. Since the info is directly added as payload of our own (improved) version of bulletproof transactions, the need for open data inspection on transaction clearance is therefore removed. The accumulator is stored on-chain (as it basically is just a number) and recheck forcing can happen through a removal operation which activation can be coded trustlessly and can be as simple as a periodic expiry or by encoding more sophisticated rules through a (zk-)smart contract.
Dusk will host the accumulators directly ON CHAIN, since it is line with our strategy to handle scenario nr. 2 of the above list
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Is DUSK platform going to push for KYC for all address holders since creating STO?
copper member

Activity: 490
Merit: 10
www.Zercados.com
Telegram AMA with Dusk Network Advisor & Cybersecurity Expert Richard Sanders

Hello everyone!

We invite you to join Dusk Advisor Richard Sanders for a blockchain security AMA. The AMA will be live on the official Dusk Telegram channel on Friday, October 26th, 10 AM EST (GMT-5). Dusk is one of a minority of projects that have taken the important step of bringing on a cybersecurity and investigative expert, something we firmly believe should be a standard in this industry. Don’t miss this opportunity to ask Rich about cryptocurrency safety, best practices or get some cool insights into what is done to maintain the balance between decentralization and hunting bad guys.

Richard Sanders led the investigation of various high-profile blockchain industry related hacks like the EtherDelta hack late last year and a more recent hack, involving blockchain and cryptocurrency investor Ian Balina, where he is the lead investigator.

Leveraging his connections within government and law enforcement, Rich’s efforts have led to arrest, prosecution, and asset recovery for several cases; an impressive accomplishment on a brief timeline.

Join our channel https://t.me/DuskNetwork and ask Richard anything about blockchain security.

Best regards,

The Dusk Team

Interesting I read that this guy also started his own company called Cipherblade; "Leading investigations on crypto scams and hacks. Advising for blockchain projects on security matters." source; https://www.linkedin.com/in/richasanders

So this guy definitely knows his way around security issues but also regulatory standards.

Good to know Dusk team has such professional advisors. I hope they gonna publish a recap of the AMA later on for those who won't be able to follow it live.
Activity: 770
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Activity: 798
Merit: 262
Partnership with Bitfinex will turn a lot of heads towards DUSK. Too bad there isn't any ICO. Need to wait till it hit the exchange.

Bitfinex is a big exchange but can you name recent ICO listings on the platform that has helped the price because I can't name one, Bitfinex is wallowing in the FUD surrounding Tether, even if you looked at the Ethfinex platform the trading volume there is very low, just hope the exchange is not losing ground with its competitors

they listed utrust but, that didn't pump much but, that was way after the ICO. With DUSK the case is different as they are still in private sale phase so, this partnership means that they 100% will list on a reputed exchange from the beginning.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

Hello everyone!

We invite you to join Dusk Advisor Richard Sanders for a blockchain security AMA. The AMA will be live on the official Dusk Telegram channel on Friday, October 26th, 10 AM EST (GMT-5). Dusk is one of a minority of projects that have taken the important step of bringing on a cybersecurity and investigative expert, something we firmly believe should be a standard in this industry. Don’t miss this opportunity to ask Rich about cryptocurrency safety, best practices or get some cool insights into what is done to maintain the balance between decentralization and hunting bad guys.

Richard Sanders led the investigation of various high-profile blockchain industry related hacks like the EtherDelta hack late last year and a more recent hack, involving blockchain and cryptocurrency investor Ian Balina, where he is the lead investigator.

Leveraging his connections within government and law enforcement, Rich’s efforts have led to arrest, prosecution, and asset recovery for several cases; an impressive accomplishment on a brief timeline.

Join our channel https://t.me/DuskNetwork and ask Richard anything about blockchain security.

Best regards,

The Dusk Team

Interesting I read that this guy also started his own company called Cipherblade; "Leading investigations on crypto scams and hacks. Advising for blockchain projects on security matters." source; https://www.linkedin.com/in/richasanders

So this guy definitely knows his way around security issues but also regulatory standards.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
Out of those three points is there still something that need to be finalized? I mean the research part is now over and you "just" need to translate everything to code or still some technical problem need to be solved before?

Mainly coding. Some things are of course harder to code than others but so far development is going strong!

Software development may get complex sometimes but I hope your implementation would not get very complicated so that you can effectively demonstrate the project's proof of concept. Good luck!
Indeed there are always some problems during the development of any platform that makes difficult to reach the deadline.
copper member

Hello everyone!

Best regards,

The Dusk Team
Activity: 616
Out of those three points is there still something that need to be finalized? I mean the research part is now over and you "just" need to translate everything to code or still some technical problem need to be solved before?

Mainly coding. Some things are of course harder to code than others but so far development is going strong!

Software development may get complex sometimes but I hope your implementation would not get very complicated so that you can effectively demonstrate the project's proof of concept. Good luck!
Activity: 2968
Merit: 605
good question, it would be interesting to know at what point the project really is, final steps and only the translation of the code is missing? or in development and it still takes some time?...
copper member

Activity: 588
Is it only anon tx ? What about those control your data stuff like DATUM project ?

The Dusk Network is a decentralized infrastructure focused on providing the right balance between privacy and transparency to payment, communication and asset ownership transfer.

Dusk is unique because our Dusk blockchain basically focuses on providing the right confidentiality in the 3 different scenario that render the platform a true network:

1 - Unidirectional atomic transfer of value (basically, payments)
2 - Bidirectional atomic exchange of value (transfer of asset ownership - securities (STO's) fall in this category
3 - Time unbound exchange of value (transmission of data stream - such as audiovisual conferencing, content streaming, etc)

We're not like DATUM or Datawallet.

thanks for clearing up these misconceptions. there are so many similar sounding projects that people confuse them all the time.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
It’s very good to have some medium post about features of dusk network. It’s a bit hard some time to understand all the features and the potential of a project and with that investors can understand it easily, a good way to communicate.

I thought that review from a while back gave a pretty good summary of the project. You just need to put it through a translator service.

https://cryptobenelux.com/2018/10/21/dusk-network-ico-review/

Although I do not understand why the lack of an extensive international team is a bad thing. At this point I think it is more important to develop and polish the tech. The team can eventually expand globally when the need arises, for example to deal with international regulations.

It is causing the how projects trying to market themselves. Most of the projects really don't have anything to offer so they are building a team around the world. Throwing names and names but most of them just taking part of the money and do anything at all.

If you have a good product international players will approach you before you approach them. So it is not a negative thing at all.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
When will the partnership be announced?
copper member
Is it only anon tx ? What about those control your data stuff like DATUM project ?

The Dusk Network is a decentralized infrastructure focused on providing the right balance between privacy and transparency to payment, communication and asset ownership transfer.

Dusk is unique because our Dusk blockchain basically focuses on providing the right confidentiality in the 3 different scenario that render the platform a true network:

1 - Unidirectional atomic transfer of value (basically, payments)
2 - Bidirectional atomic exchange of value (transfer of asset ownership - securities (STO's) fall in this category
3 - Time unbound exchange of value (transmission of data stream - such as audiovisual conferencing, content streaming, etc)

We're not like DATUM or Datawallet.
Jump to: