Author

Topic: [ANN] | DUSK Network | Privacy-oriented blockchain for Digital Securities! - page 141. (Read 145658 times)

copper member
Activity: 474
Merit: 21

What you mean? You will have smart-contracts for creatin tokens like Ethereum as well? Whats mean your Consensus "SBA⋆" ?

SBA⋆ is a form of consensus. Currently the most used mechanisms for consensus are either PoW (proof-of-work, mining) and PoS (proof-of-stake, staking).

SBA⋆ uses existing ideas like Cryptographic Sortition(lottery), and combines it with concepts like stealth time-locked transactions to implement simple but secure communication that can be audited. SBA* makes use of a few different types of actors in the network to reach consensus:
  • (super)Nodes. These are points in the network that facilitate transactions. They compete with each other for the generating and proposing blocks. These are computationally very light tasks, and a node will not require high computational power, or a big stake.
  • Provisioners. These are nodes that have committed a certain minimum stake to the Dusk Network and take care of more intensive tasks such as block verification, voting, and notarization (VVN operations). These types of nodes are non-transactional.

By splitting tasks based on intensity and relaying them to transaction and non-transactional nodes the network’s speed greatly increases, whilst decreasing the chance of a partitioned network, and guaranteeing a higher availability of the network. Using SBA* there is no chance of an unintended fork of the blockchain, meaning there will be no doubt about what the main branch is. This translates into the appealing property of achieving transaction “finality” as soon as consensus is reached for a block.
Activity: 672
Merit: 261
Yes vidéos could be interesting to explain some features of the project. Dusk network has a very nice potential but it’s always better when everyone can understand it. Also videos is a nice way to earn in visbiiity for the project.

Totally agree. Videos are a great way to spread the value and key points in visual way to most users of your community. There are even many youtubers these days who actually do a great job in depicting a project.

I dont' know if its just me but infographic intro videos has an impression of being a higher quality project. I think its a very good marketing move to publish those videos
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
Yes vidéos could be interesting to explain some features of the project. Dusk network has a very nice potential but it’s always better when everyone can understand it. Also videos is a nice way to earn in visbiiity for the project.

Totally agree. Videos are a great way to spread the value and key points in visual way to most users of your community. There are even many youtubers these days who actually do a great job in depicting a project.

I love animation videos, mostly in project website, tells the project like you are a dummy.

But maybe dusk network is too sophisticated for such a video Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 37

Activity: 798
Merit: 250
CurioInvest [IEO Live]
I know a lot of private coins already (Dash, Monero, Zcash, Spectrecoin, Deeponion). What advntages you offer before this coins?

None of those coins has features which will allow to transfer data safely, this is one of the major difference they are trying to sell

Also there is a table in this thread shows the main differences between mentioned project, maybe that table is in whitepaper too?

Actually, we asked a table about that, but there is none so far. Probably you are remembering that.

Don't know if the table was posted here but there is one in the FAQ section of their website. https://dusk.network/faq/

Yes that's table i'm talking about, it compares all the dusk's competitions have known for so far, big ones.
Activity: 448
Merit: 107
Activity: 770
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Definetely, if this projects get to release it can be an interesting point of view on privacy and anonimicity. For the first time one of this projects is released with public team, but still need to be seen how it goes, I don't like ETH tokens at all.
Some interesting points are on their whitepaper, but at the same time im not sure it can be implemented as they want on a ETH blockchain layer.

It is the hope of the community that this project will solve the shortcomings of previous projects that are focused on privacy and that will be great if it will be delivered effective at the soonest time possible.

Maybe I'm wrong but Dusk won't be a layer on top of Ethereum but a new blockchain built from scratch, you don't have to worry about the fact of if you like or not ethereum's tokens
Ethereum had occupied its niche a long time ago, and DUSK doesn't seem to me as any of the competitors to ETH. Moreover, this project is more about data transmitting, not about pure crypto, tokens/coins and blockchain.

The team should do a video and explain dusk for laymen. It seems not many of us have fully  understood what it will be.  Grin

Technical stuff are hard to understand. I think they have a series of articles explaining how Dusk would operate, but videos I think would be better.

And if you can see the CEO in the video this additionally creates trust.
Activity: 938
Merit: 159
I know a lot of private coins already (Dash, Monero, Zcash, Spectrecoin, Deeponion). What advntages you offer before this coins?

None of those coins has features which will allow to transfer data safely, this is one of the major difference they are trying to sell

Also there is a table in this thread shows the main differences between mentioned project, maybe that table is in whitepaper too?

Actually, we asked a table about that, but there is none so far. Probably you are remembering that.

Don't know if the table was posted here but there is one in the FAQ section of their website. https://dusk.network/faq/

there are already a lot of anonymous coins around, but i think that dusk offers another service its own blockchain, network and secure transactions, i do not think it will replace monero but it will still be a viable alternative
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
Definetely, if this projects get to release it can be an interesting point of view on privacy and anonimicity. For the first time one of this projects is released with public team, but still need to be seen how it goes, I don't like ETH tokens at all.
Some interesting points are on their whitepaper, but at the same time im not sure it can be implemented as they want on a ETH blockchain layer.

It is the hope of the community that this project will solve the shortcomings of previous projects that are focused on privacy and that will be great if it will be delivered effective at the soonest time possible.

Maybe I'm wrong but Dusk won't be a layer on top of Ethereum but a new blockchain built from scratch, you don't have to worry about the fact of if you like or not ethereum's tokens
Ethereum had occupied its niche a long time ago, and DUSK doesn't seem to me as any of the competitors to ETH. Moreover, this project is more about data transmitting, not about pure crypto, tokens/coins and blockchain.

The team should do a video and explain dusk for laymen. It seems not many of us have fully  understood what it will be.  Grin

Technical stuff are hard to understand. I think they have a series of articles explaining how Dusk would operate, but videos I think would be better.
Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

The team should do a video and explain dusk for laymen. It seems not many of us have fully  understood what it will be.  Grin

Yes, that would be nice to do. As I understand it, this is an anonymous network that allows private transfer of information.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Activity: 434

Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

Activity: 686
Merit: 100

And ScamOnion...sorry DeepOnion isn't really anonymous since we know that it's based on the same tech of Verge which we know that isn't really anonymous. Btw, when your perform a transfer on those blockchains, you're transfering data basically

This just shows the potential that Dusk has. If they can actually nail the privacy aspect, I think there is still a huge market for a REAL privacy coin done properly.
I think the same about Dusk, his potential fits perfectly into the gap they seek to fill, and particularly, longing for someone who brings real meaning to the word privacy in the crypto world
Activity: 840
ZooomEx- a new cryptocurrency exchange!

Sorry, but Im not a good expert in technical side. What you mean by "transfer data safely"? Which data you mean and how they going to make this?
Activity: 1064
Merit: 166

And ScamOnion...sorry DeepOnion isn't really anonymous since we know that it's based on the same tech of Verge which we know that isn't really anonymous. Btw, when your perform a transfer on those blockchains, you're transfering data basically

I wouldn't even put that crap in the same category of other coin of the caliber of monero. Cool
Activity: 280
Ternion | Hybrid Crypto Exchange with fiat gateway

This just shows the potential that Dusk has. If they can actually nail the privacy aspect, I think there is still a huge market for a REAL privacy coin done properly.
Activity: 448
User friendly with maintaining privacy is most important for mainstream adoption. Regulation might play bigger role. How DUSK is planning to deal with government interference specially china? is users able to use DUSK platform in china? 
Activity: 462

it was, but it's good for people to see it again, for the new folks.
It's great that they have this section of frequently asked questions, each newcomer can easily learn all the basic aspects of the project.
I used to read those section because they are usually a very good source of information.
Activity: 490
Merit: 104

it was, but it's good for people to see it again, for the new folks.
It's great that they have this section of frequently asked questions, each newcomer can easily learn all the basic aspects of the project.
Jump to: