Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ★★ EBT Coin - Entropybit 100% PoS - Multipool - Bugfix version 4.0.3! ★★ - page 32. (Read 131676 times)

EBT
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
What's with the huge and I do mean HUGE amount of orphans?

Please give details.

ebt.argakiig.us

Thank you for the details. We have contacted this pool operator. This seems to be a problem with this particular pool.

Please recognize that Proof of Work (PoW) mining efficiency will go down as more blocks are found by Proof Of Stake (PoS). So don't be surprised to have more difficulty finding blocks by PoW, even when the nominal difficulty is low. For example, the nominal PoW difficulty right now is 0.293. However, the difficulty realized by PoW miners is approximately 0.9, due to competition from PoS, which is responsible for 21 of the last 30 blocks (at 274729). No preference is given to PoS minting relative to PoW mining, but over time, the amount of eligible stake will go up, resulting in a greatly increased competition from PoS minters.

It is getting near the point in EBT's life cycle that creating new coins is probably easiest done by buying EBT from an exchange and letting it stake to mint transactions. That minting becomes more efficient relative to mining over time is a designed property of PoW/PoS coins like EBT.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

Where?

In ebt.poolto.be it is the normal amount.

I mined for +12 h there no rewards credited although blocks were found

Sounds like a problem with the pool and not with orphans.
Activity: 505
Merit: 500

Where?

I mined for +12 h there no rewards credited although blocks were found
EBT

Please give details.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

Where?

Activity: 33
Activity: 505

With EBT Coin you ca buy a Yacht..with SNAP Coin you can buy....a SNACKS ?

*fixed  Grin
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Very interested how this coin will perform seeing BlackCoin price rising fast. 

really???

do you think so??? Shocked
Activity: 9
Very interested how this coin will perform seeing BlackCoin price rising fast. 
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Activity: 350
What's the difference between EBT Coin and SNAP Coin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFikjD_7WsU

With EBT Coin you ca buy a Yacht..with SNAP Coin you can buy....nothing?
Activity: 56

We are having discussions about raising the rate as the block chain gets longer. Minters are transaction processors. Part of the tradeoff for fast confirmation times is an elongated chain. However, a long chain puts a burden on minters who must keep an updated chain. A 5% flat APR may not be enough compensation in the long run, especially considering that the true inflation will be much lower because it may not be worth it to regular users to keep a full chain just to mint on their "spending money".

I personally think a lower rate is better.  There is less money coming in needed to maintain the value.  POS minting is not energy intensive, and minters can receive a good reward with even a laptop, or raspberry pi or simple computer.  No special hardware needed.  I think that preserves the value of all the other coins as well.

Yes. However, consider that after less than 3 months, the block chain requires nearly 250 MB, with most blocks containing no transactions outside of the mining or minting transaction of the block. What memory will be required of minters after 3 years, or 10? Additionally, there is computational overhead to search the blockchain and make calculations from the data. The compensation system will take these future needs into account.

For sure, that's a good point, and I guess it makes sense to keep the POS rate flexible as the network and blockchain grows.  Right now, it just seems that people use the minting income to dump on exchanges, but I do see the need to reward those who keep their wallets open and secure the network.  Increasing the money supply is also important, in my opinion, as usage increases, but 5% seems about right for that.
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
where did they dump?  Poloni or Europex?

Poloni....It didn't talk long for someone to buy them!
Activity: 350
where did they dump?  Poloni or Europex?
Activity: 742
Somebody dumping more than 2M coins. Crazy shit.

Somebody bought them already, before I had a chance.
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Somebody dumping more than 2M coins. Crazy shit.
EBT

We are having discussions about raising the rate as the block chain gets longer. Minters are transaction processors. Part of the tradeoff for fast confirmation times is an elongated chain. However, a long chain puts a burden on minters who must keep an updated chain. A 5% flat APR may not be enough compensation in the long run, especially considering that the true inflation will be much lower because it may not be worth it to regular users to keep a full chain just to mint on their "spending money".

I personally think a lower rate is better.  There is less money coming in needed to maintain the value.  POS minting is not energy intensive, and minters can receive a good reward with even a laptop, or raspberry pi or simple computer.  No special hardware needed.  I think that preserves the value of all the other coins as well.

Yes. However, consider that after less than 3 months, the block chain requires nearly 250 MB, with most blocks containing no transactions outside of the mining or minting transaction of the block. What memory will be required of minters after 3 years, or 10? Additionally, there is computational overhead to search the blockchain and make calculations from the data. The compensation system will take these future needs into account.
Activity: 56
And all this time we all thought it was 10% per 90 days Sad

Be aware that this topic is under careful consideration at the moment.

[addendum]

Also, bear in mind that minting will gradually outpace mining at money creation. So far, about 83% of all potential proof of work (PoW) blocks are gone. At the moment, about 1/2 the blocks are minted by proof of stake (PoS) and 1/2 are minted by PoW. Over time, block creation shifts gradually in favor of minters. It is important to realize that, whether a block is mined or minted, each new block represents one less block to be mined. In other words, there is no set number of mined blocks. Once the block chain reaches designated heights, the mining reward will be reduced until eventually at block 1,100,000 (about 381 days) the mining reward becomes 0, irregardless of how many previous blocks were mined versus being minted.

In other words, the inflation rate right now is a little more than 1/2 the nominal rate because of minting. The long term rate will most likely be somewhat less than 5% because of the burden on minters, most of whom will probably not bother to mint because their holdings are too low and the block chain too long. In the long run, we will work to continue to refine the reward system to minimize inflation but optimize revenues for transaction processors (minters).

EBT
And all this time we all thought it was 10% per 90 days Sad

Be aware that this topic is under careful consideration at the moment.

[addendum]

Also, bear in mind that minting will gradually outpace mining at money creation. So far, about 83% of all potential proof of work (PoW) blocks are gone. At the moment, about 1/2 the blocks are minted by proof of stake (PoS) and 1/2 are minted by PoW. Over time, block creation shifts gradually in favor of minters. It is important to realize that, whether a block is mined or minted, each new block represents one less block to be mined. In other words, there is no set number of mined blocks. Once the block chain reaches designated heights, the mining reward will be reduced until eventually at block 1,100,000 (about 381 days) the mining reward becomes 0, irregardless of the historical combination of mining and minting.

In other words, the inflation rate right now is a little more than 1/2 the nominal rate because of minting. The long term rate will most likely be somewhat less than 5% because of the burden on potential minters, most of whom will probably not bother to mint because their holdings are too low and the block chain too long. In the long run, we will work to continue to refine the reward system to minimize inflation but optimize revenues for transaction processors (minters).
Pages:
Jump to: