Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 2. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10
July 13, 2019, 01:00:52 PM
I need community and developer help here..

I am installing new Sapphire wallet however I see problems. Can someone help me please.

Running on Windows 7 32 bit. Sapphire wallet sapphire-v1.0.3-win32.zip

Downloading the required file
100%
Update failed, please try again later.
Dismiss
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
June 08, 2019, 04:48:19 AM
As everyone know, ECC is not an ICO project but a special one with innovatives concepts [cf. last medium news]. This is explaining why the current versions are a bit messy at the moment.

## Process from scratch for Windows 64 ## this is what I did before posting here
(If you already have a Sapphire/Daemon installed, rename what it needs to be, just keep in mind to save your wallet.dat).

Download the last daemon and Sapphire release:

The Daemon version on this moment is: Version 0.2.5.15   https://github.com/project-ecc/eccoin/releases
The Sapphire version is: Version 1.0.3 https://github.com/project-ecc/sapphire/releases

1/ From the unzipped folder "sapphire-v1.0.3-win64"

- Launch sapphire-v1.0.3-win64.exe to run the install
- You should have something wrong with the auto-update function, so just quit Sapphire.

2/ From the unzipped folder eccoin-0.2.5.15-win64

- Copy eccoind.exe
- Press the Windows key + R then type %Userprofile%\.eccoin-wallet and press OK
- Paste eccoind.exe within this folder
- Rename eccoind.exe to eccoind-win64.exe
- Create a .txt file, type 0.2.5.15 then save the .txt as wallet-version (wallet-version.txt)

3/ Press the Windows key + R then type %appdata% and "Ok"

- Go to the folder named eccoin then open eccoin.conf, replace the current content by the lines below then save the .conf file.

maxconnections=120
rpcuser=youruser
rpcpassword=yourpassword
addnode=68.183.97.110
addnode=81.132.89.185
addnode=109.193.65.8
addnode=67.53.135.250
rpcport=19119
rpcconnect=127.0.0.1
staking=0
zapwallettxes=0

Run Sapphire and let it sync
June 01, 2019, 01:30:06 PM
The above is very nice ... but just a copy/paste without even looking at the text.

The Daemon version on this moment is: Version 0.2.5.15  .....   https://github.com/project-ecc/eccoin/releases

The Sapphire version is: Version 1.0.3 ....   https://github.com/project-ecc/sapphire/releases

However don't expect that the problems are resolved.

Hi Brazil =)

Thank you for your alert.
My fault.. I thought the step by step from the ECC Discord was up-to-date.. so I told to  BreakingDead to simply post it here.
I'm going to explain the right way to fix that.

Anyway, good to see you around.

legendary
Activity: 1076
Merit: 1003
June 01, 2019, 11:57:40 AM
The above is very nice ... but just a copy/paste without even looking at the text.

The Daemon version on this moment is: Version 0.2.5.15  .....   https://github.com/project-ecc/eccoin/releases

The Sapphire version is: Version 1.0.3 ....   https://github.com/project-ecc/sapphire/releases

However don't expect that the problems are resolved.

June 01, 2019, 09:36:24 AM
Those of you who already upgraded the daemon to version 0.2.5.10 and are stuck on a block please download the chain using the link below.

After downloading please do this:

1. Make sure the daemon is stopped
2. Go to the eccoin directory
    On windows: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\eccoin
    On mac: /Library/Application Support/eccoin
3. Delete every file in that directory except the wallet.dat
4.  Unzip the file you downloaded into it

This fix will not work for those of you who are still in version 0.2.5.8 - you will need to upgrade. You can upgrade using Sapphire v1.0.1 but you are likely to get stuck on a loading screen, if that happens, simply restart it and then make sure you go into the settings page to confirm you have version 0.2.5.10.

Sapphire v1.0.2 will be released as soon as possible and will address this issue.

Download link: Those of you who already upgraded the daemon to version 0.2.5.10 and are stuck on a block please download the chain using the link below.

After downloading please do this:

1. Make sure the daemon is stopped
2. Go to the eccoin directory
    On windows: C:\Users\AppData\Roaming\eccoin
    On mac: /Library/Application Support/eccoin
3. Delete every file in that directory except the wallet.dat
4.  Unzip the file you downloaded into it

This fix will not work for those of you who are still in version 0.2.5.8 - you will need to upgrade. You can upgrade using Sapphire v1.0.1 but you are likely to get stuck on a loading screen, if that happens, simply restart it and then make sure you go into the settings page to confirm you have version 0.2.5.10.

Sapphire v1.0.2 will be released as soon as possible and will address this issue.

Download link: http:// tiny. cc/pr5bty

Remove the spaces for the link to work
Activity: 25
May 18, 2019, 03:32:51 PM
guys, wallet doesnt want to sync... what i am doing wrong?download sapphir, make config file, start.... but nothing...
May 10, 2019, 07:54:50 AM
We are pleased to announce that ECC now has a light wallet, based on the famous electrum protocol!

Just start Electrum-ECC, create your wallet, then send and receive ECC immediately.

No long syncing necessary!

Electrum-ECC gives users a simple wallet app (Windows, MacOs, Linux, Android) that does not need a local copy of the blockchain. Rather than the lengthy blockchain synchronization process required to sync a full node, the Electrum-ECC client securely connects to an Electrum server for all its blockchain business whilst all crypto keys are held securely on the user’s device.

The Electrum-ECC wallet is created from a seed phrase consisting of 12 random words. This means that if the user’s device is stolen or experiences unrecoverable data loss, the exact same wallet can be re-created on another device simply by entering the 12-word seed phrase. And for the ultimate in cold storage security, you can securely delete your Electrum-ECC installation with your wallet seed phrase stored in a safe place for later re-creation.

However, because the Electrum-ECC client app is not a full node, it is unable to stake and supports only payment transactions. If you wish to support ECC’s network security by staking or access future network services, you need to run a full node. You can run both but bear in mind that even with both installed on the same device, the full node and Electrum-ECC wallets remain entirely separate.

Electrum-ECC has been adapted from recent versions of the ElectrumX server and Electrum client apps for Bitcoin. It is tried and tested software with a very large community of users. Rather than fork the ElectrumX server the changes necessary to support ECC were contributed back into the ElectrumX project, which already has support for a number of other coins. You can see those changes to add ECC support here.

The client app we decided to use (there are several) was not set up for multi-coin support, so it was necessary to fork that into the ECC project:

https://github.com/project-ecc/electrum-ecc

May 10, 2019, 07:48:41 AM
Don't forget ECC is now a verified Brave Publisher.
This means Brave Browser users will now be able to leave tips in the form of BAT Tokens which will go towards supporting the development of ECC via the Growth Fund. To make it even easier you can enable auto-contribute within your rewards dashboard.
To further support our project we have set up a referral program. For every unique download and install of the Brave Browser, both on desktop and mobile, ECC will receive the equivalent of $5 US in Brave Tokens.

It’s never been easier to support us so let’s make the most of it. You can download the Brave Browser here.
https://brave.com/ecc476
Activity: 74
Merit: 15
March 15, 2019, 10:31:33 PM
Hi,
If you have LYNX from previous version, Can you still download Sapphire? Will it take the same wallet.dat file? Thanks in advance.

Sure, i see no problem on that.

* Sapphire nor Lynx use the wallet.dat. They both interact with the daemon (the real wallet) and the daemon uses the wallet.dat

So lets say you download lynx, and download the daemon trough lynx.
Then start the daemon trough lynx, the daemon creates the wallet.dat file.

Later on you download sapphire, then start sapphire.

Sapphire automatically detects if there is a daemon present, since you already downloaded the daemon trough lynx it will start that same daemon.
And the daemon will load the wallet.dat file that was created earlier

That's why you can use sapphire and lynx at the same time, even have them running at the same time.
as long as the daemon is new enough that sapphire can actually interact with it

Anyway, just be sure to have several copy in safe places of your wallet.dat "justincase" something sometime goes wrong
(Never hurts to remind that)  Grin

Also i would invite you to join our Discord ("Headquarters") https://discord.gg/BYBhQVq
and Telegram channel https://t.me/joinchat/F_LCJQ0vhFFknOSMgxHPAw
(in case you didn't yet)
as it may be quicker for you to get any help you need Wink

*Kudos to Pem199 for the great explanation regarding to Lynx and Sapphire as GUI and how they relate to daemon, the "real" wallet. Unsure if he's around here, but he's in our Discord  Grin
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
March 09, 2019, 10:23:17 PM
Hi,
If you have LYNX from previous version, Can you still download Sapphire? Will it take the same wallet.dat file? Thanks in advance.
Activity: 8
January 27, 2019, 12:47:42 AM

Great article thank you for the link. It's nice to read the about the good things still ticking over nicely and know that the hard work continues and is making strides still
Activity: 56
Activity: 542
Merit: 102
November 19, 2018, 04:05:47 AM
Building the Foundation

After several months of dealing with lawyers, contracts, and miscellaneous paperwork, we are now pleased to announce that The ECC Foundation has been officially incorporated in the Netherlands and is registered through the Dutch Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam!
https://blog.goodaudience.com/building-the-foundation-ece30afb8893
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
TOKPIE
November 05, 2018, 05:56:11 AM
Backlit
from the ECC Team

I’m sure that most can agree that the cryptocurrency market throughout the majority of this year hasn’t been the most THRILLING (in terms of price). Many projects that were soaring at all-time-highs back in December of 2017 and January of 2018 have retraced more than 60% from those prices including Bitcoin.

While this may not appear to be the most “exciting” time to be in the crypto market, it is definitely the truest. Teams have the opportunity to backlight their projects from a development standpoint in a way that seems to be somewhat overlooked during a bull market. This development can also be complimented and pushed outward with a nice touch of marketing.

https://medium.com/@project_ecc/backlit-4438a9da06ae
October 16, 2018, 07:25:48 AM
Transferred out of ECC, failed to confirm, but the balance was deducted,

i dont know what you are trying to do. transferred out of where? can you give me more information than this?

How can I do some rescanning in Sapphire client? It shows wrong balance.

edit the eccoin.conf file for rescan=1 to do rescan, there is no way to do this from directly within the sapphire UI.

I transferred ECC from the sapphire to the exchange,failed to confirm, but the balance was deducted。

I have tried editing the eccoin.conf file for rescan=1 to do rescan, But entered an infinite loop......

I exported the private key from the original wallet and imported the private key in the new wallet, but for some reason, I could not import the private key to the new wallet.

http://i1.bvimg.com/662561/200167399a0f0216.jpg

Verify your wallet address on the BlockExplorer and see if the coins are there. It seems that the transaction that you made to Eas.... address just doesn't exist. Just abandon those transactions and your coins will be back in your wallet .... nothing to worry about

How can I cancel these transactions?

If you see your transaction via the txid in the blockchain, you can't cancel it anymore

To cancel it , (if it's not on the blockchain), you have to open with lynx and go to the console by Settings => Debug => Console and tape "abandontransaction "txid"

October 16, 2018, 07:24:08 AM

i dont know what you are trying to do. transferred out of where? can you give me more information than this?

edit the eccoin.conf file for rescan=1 to do rescan, there is no way to do this from directly within the sapphire UI.

I transferred ECC from the sapphire to the exchange,failed to confirm, but the balance was deducted。

I have tried editing the eccoin.conf file for rescan=1 to do rescan, But entered an infinite loop......

I exported the private key from the original wallet and imported the private key in the new wallet, but for some reason, I could not import the private key to the new wallet.

http://i1.bvimg.com/662561/200167399a0f0216.jpg

Verify your wallet address on the BlockExplorer and see if the coins are there. It seems that the transaction that you made to Eas.... address just doesn't exist. Just abandon those transactions and your coins will be back in your wallet .... nothing to worry about

If you see your transaction via the txid in the blockchain, you can't cancel it anymore
Activity: 132
Merit: 100
October 11, 2018, 05:17:53 AM

Activity: 80
Merit: 1
October 10, 2018, 03:16:39 PM
Hi all, I would like to catch a proposal for bounty hunter.
I have heard about  BitMart Exchange bounty campaign. But that's not quite like bounty, the project has already started and is going to distribute tokens that have real cost by simply registering
Sounds so appealing, I will go to bitmart.com.
Activity: 60
October 10, 2018, 03:10:18 PM
I have heard about  BitMart Exchange bounty campaign. But that's not quite like bounty, the project has already started and is going to distribute tokens that have real cost by simply registering
Activity: 80
Merit: 1
October 10, 2018, 03:02:12 PM
Pages:
Jump to: