Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] ECC - page 8. (Read 259347 times)

Activity: 145
Merit: 100
February 15, 2018, 12:21:05 PM
I have downloaded the lynx wallet from ecc website, transferred a small amount of ecc from coinexchange , almost 3 hours now, no sign of the tokens on lynx wallet. COinexchange shows withdrawal completed.

any help...

Thanks

You need to sync the wallet and at 100% only then the coins will show up
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
February 14, 2018, 05:31:19 PM
I have downloaded the lynx wallet from ecc website, transferred a small amount of ecc from coinexchange , almost 3 hours now, no sign of the tokens on lynx wallet. COinexchange shows withdrawal completed.

any help...

Thanks

Sometimes it takes a whole day to sync the blockchain, I'm sure that is your issue. You will not see your coins until lynx is fully synced.
Activity: 56
February 12, 2018, 04:43:58 AM

any help...

Thanks

Hello,

Your wallet is sync to 100% or not? If not, it's normal. You can see your withdraw in the blockchain https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ecc/

Activity: 3
February 11, 2018, 11:46:11 AM

any help...

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
February 06, 2018, 04:08:26 AM
you are the first person ive heard have troubles on ubuntu. what version of ubuntu are you running? prior to 16.04 might have some odd issues since most development has been done past 2016 and 14.04 is from 2014.
are you compiling for ubuntu with the autotools or the makefile?
are you compiling lynx yourself or running the appimage published to the website?

there is no QT wallet anymore. so, thats correct, it shouldnt compile.

yes, lynx is buggy. we are working on it. its something new to crypto in general and will probably have some bugs for a little while. in the end though it will be better for users than any of the qt wallets out there.

The coin has reached maximum supply. staking will only yield tx fees.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

A) I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 which is based on Ubuntu 16.04.

B) I have tried both ways:
1- Running make -f makefile.unix inside the src folder (as per the doc/build-unix.MD file).
2- Running ./autogen.sh followed by ./configure and make
After correcting some errors, the first one kinda works but of course only produces the "eccoind" file (no GUI wallet) and trying to call "eccoind" with "--help" argument results in a segmentation fault error.
The second one requires A LOT of fixes to make it work and even so it is still plagued by the same error as the first one.

C) I tried the Linux version of the appimage published  on the website. Running it results in the following error:
execv error: No such file or directory
I am running it inside firejail (I don't run any wallet with full access to my files) but according the documentation from AppImage, any wallet should run fine from within firejail.

D) In my opinion, even if you find Lynx a great thing, you should provide a working wallet base on QT until Lynx is a viable choice.
Right now it is just a piece of bloated software full of errors. No one wants that.

E) I don't see any rewards, not even transaction fees. Instead my balance goes down and Lynx shows less coins than what I bought (which seems to be just another bug of Lynx as the debug console shows my correct balance).

ive never tried to build a coin on mint (nor have i ever used mint) so anything platform specific i cant help you with there. there is no more gui code in the repo so yeah, it wont produce a gui wallet.

as for a base qt wallet... ill take a poll on that i suppose. thats not a bad idea.

the chances of getting a staking reward right now are very low. there are about 1800 blocks minted a day and less than 30 have tx fees in them due to current tx volumes. so thats probably the reason for that.
Activity: 230
February 05, 2018, 10:23:05 PM
Any chance of ECC going on a different exchange other than the ones they are on?
Right now we have 2 exchanges
1. https://www.coinexchange.io/market/ECC/BTC
2. https://wallet.crypto-bridge.org/market/BRIDGE.ECC_BRIDGE.BTC
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129
February 05, 2018, 08:35:58 PM
Any chance of ECC going on a different exchange other than the ones they are on?

Ecc is now trying to get on Cobinhood (which IMO is not as big as coinexchange but I might be wrong and it's good exposure anyways). The devs are trying hard to get on other exchanges as well but I think we'll have to wait a bit until the tech gets more established but I think ECC has a really good chance to get listed on good exchanges. This is my very first comment (Post?) so I don't know if I did it right. Sorry if I didn't.

It is not always good to be on more exchanges. Always best to develop the tech before the market exposure.

(btw, you did it right)
Activity: 11
February 05, 2018, 04:18:05 PM
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 12:35:54 PM
you are the first person ive heard have troubles on ubuntu. what version of ubuntu are you running? prior to 16.04 might have some odd issues since most development has been done past 2016 and 14.04 is from 2014.
are you compiling lynx yourself or running the appimage published to the website?

yes, lynx is buggy. we are working on it. its something new to crypto in general and will probably have some bugs for a little while. in the end though it will be better for users than any of the qt wallets out there.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

A) I'm using Linux Mint 18.3 which is based on Ubuntu 16.04.

B) I have tried both ways:
1- Running make -f makefile.unix inside the src folder (as per the doc/build-unix.MD file).
2- Running ./autogen.sh followed by ./configure and make
After correcting some errors, the first one kinda works but of course only produces the "eccoind" file (no GUI wallet) and trying to call "eccoind" with "--help" argument results in a segmentation fault error.
The second one requires A LOT of fixes to make it work and even so it is still plagued by the same error as the first one.

C) I tried the Linux version of the appimage published  on the website. Running it results in the following error:
execv error: No such file or directory
I am running it inside firejail (I don't run any wallet with full access to my files) but according the documentation from AppImage, any wallet should run fine from within firejail.

D) In my opinion, even if you find Lynx a great thing, you should provide a working wallet base on QT until Lynx is a viable choice.
Right now it is just a piece of bloated software full of errors. No one wants that.

E) I don't see any rewards, not even transaction fees. Instead my balance goes down and Lynx shows less coins than what I bought (which seems to be just another bug of Lynx as the debug console shows my correct balance).

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
February 04, 2018, 09:30:16 PM
Hello,

There are some issues with your project:

1) It is extremely difficult to compile on Ubuntu. It is just one error after the other.
I lost track of how many errors I had to correct. I even had to copy files and instructions from other coins to get it to compile.

2) The Lynx wallet refuses to run on Ubuntu.

3) The QT wallet doesn't compile.

4) The Lynx wallet is extremely buggy (even on Windows). Empty messages and "NaN" quantities all over the place.
I can't help but say "what a piece of $%#".

5) Staking works but no rewards are accrued even after several days. Hundreds of transactions shown and no rewards.

6) You need to create a real wallet and get rid of that Lynx stuff.

Activity: 91
February 04, 2018, 12:40:38 PM
Ive read the Security reasons but seriously

Can anyhone just upload the bootstrap?

Try this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14J3YoQG-gTJQtSbXhkl3LKO0ZvzlSX1I/view

Got it from the discord channel:

AltJ - Last Tuesday at 08:46
Bootstrapping is a temporary fix for a network performance problem that the
wallet has with the initial sync.  This performance problem will be fixed in a
future version of the wallet, eliminating the need to use a bootstrap file.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTRUCTIONS

Place the bootstrap.dat file inside of your ECC datadir and restart your daemon

Your datadir is most likely in
Windows - C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\eccoin
Linux - ~/.eccoin

Once the bootstrap is loaded, the daemon will rename the bootstrap file to
bootstrap.dat.old and download any remaining blocks from the network.

In case the import is interrupted, you can rename bootstrap.dat.old back to
bootstrap.dat and restart the daemon.  It will skip through the blocks that
have already been imported.

It is safe to delete bootstrap.dat.old

You can get assistance with the bootstrap on the ECC #bootstrap slack channel.
For an invite to join the ECC slack, see http://ecc.network/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADDITIONAL NOTES
This method of loading the blockchain eliminates the network overhead of the
daemon downloading the blockchain.  The time to load the bootstrap.dat is
entirely dependent on your system's resources (CPU, disk, etc...)  In testing,
I was able to load the entire bootstrap in less than 4 hours on my laptop with
an SSD drive.

There is a possible risk of downloading the raw blk00001.dat,blk000002.dat,...
files as a bootstrap.  The risk is that someone could have maliciously altered
the blocks that would put you in an invalid fork of the blockchain.  Loading the
bootstrap.dat file is a better method.  The reason it's better is because each
block is verified as it's imported.  It uses the same verification process as
downloading the blockchain over the network.
Activity: 140
February 03, 2018, 05:20:35 PM
I am having trouble syncing the wallet. I manage to get a few blocks, then I get a bunch of "Error -30974, can't open database" errors, then the daemon stops. When I restart it, it takes a long time to do anything, then it manages to get a few blocks and rinse, repeat.

Anyone know what to do?
Activity: 75
February 03, 2018, 02:46:10 PM
Hello,

There are some issues with your project:

1) It is extremely difficult to compile on Ubuntu. It is just one error after the other.
I lost track of how many errors I had to correct. I even had to copy files and instructions from other coins to get it to compile.

2) The Lynx wallet refuses to run on Ubuntu.

3) The QT wallet doesn't compile.

4) The Lynx wallet is extremely buggy (even on Windows). Empty messages and "NaN" quantities all over the place.
I can't help but say "what a piece of $%#".

5) Staking works but no rewards are accrued even after several days. Hundreds of transactions shown and no rewards.

6) You need to create a real wallet and get rid of that Lynx stuff.
Activity: 308
February 02, 2018, 06:26:34 PM

hi ratflat & welcome; PoS was turned off with the last release

THIS IS WRONG.

PoS was NOT turned off and it NEVER will be. People need to be staking in order for the block chain to move forward

Are there any current rewards for POS?  Last I read, all the ECC was mined/staked.  Is there any incentive to keep the wallets running?

Yes. Even though the max coin count has been reached, POS will still provide rewards for leaving your wallet open with Staking turned ON. Rewards will be small until network traffic builds up but, we need everyone to select staking "ON" in their wallets. Thanks!

Finnaly wallet is fully synced

when does the staking starts?   the staking option is "ON" is there a  specific time or?

does the wallet needs to be unlocked?
Activity: 115
February 02, 2018, 04:42:11 PM
Hi , Take alook old EGAME coin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1956489.1080   Grin
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
February 01, 2018, 08:04:59 PM

THIS IS WRONG.

PoS was NOT turned off and it NEVER will be. People need to be staking in order for the block chain to move forward

Are there any current rewards for POS?  Last I read, all the ECC was mined/staked.  Is there any incentive to keep the wallets running?

Yes. Even though the max coin count has been reached, POS will still provide rewards for leaving your wallet open with Staking turned ON. Rewards will be small until network traffic builds up but, we need everyone to select staking "ON" in their wallets. Thanks!
January 31, 2018, 11:03:38 PM
Ive read the Security reasons but seriously

Can anyhone just upload the bootstrap?
Activity: 230
January 31, 2018, 06:10:08 PM
I have a lot of hope and faith in ECC, however those coins just showing up “randomly” after there ECC accumulates some value worry’s me. Could that tank the price? I’m not really sure the effect it would have.
Activity: 19
January 31, 2018, 04:02:04 PM

THIS IS WRONG.

Are there any current rewards for POS?  Last I read, all the ECC was mined/staked.  Is there any incentive to keep the wallets running?
Pages:
Jump to: